• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Jann's mask (1 Viewer)

RedCents
190¢
I just finished mask on my bots but it won't hold on any of them, my main has had it awhile and it holds on him. Anyone know if you need more progression to make it actually work?

I just finished mask on my bots but it won't hold on any of them, my main has had it awhile and it holds on him. Anyone know if you need more progression to make it actually work?
did the block the illusion?

you can click OFF the illusion after casting, but if you blocked the illusion part the actuall buff part won't take hold

even with MQ berserker, mount and all butss and illusions clicked off i just get "You begin casting Illusion: Efreeti Amir and nothing happens including no messages to why it isnt holding

my berserker also has a bone mask and that illusion works but nothing on Janns, and when i had it loaded on mq2berseker for downtime it was just trying to chain cast it over and over so i clicked off plugin and even loaded the game without anything redguides and it still wont hold, could i have clicked something in optios that could mess it up?

Last edited:
Bah u actullay answered it sic but i didnt understand about the blocking thing till just now that fixed it thanks again, i think for the 6th time now lol. You guys are so helpful thank you all

even with MQ berserker, mount and all butss and illusions clicked off i just get "You begin casting Illusion: Efreeti Amir and nothing happens including no messages to why it isnt holding
Do you have something funky in your illusion tab of your key ring?

This is one of my zerker's clickies and i have no problems

INI:
[Clickies]
Clicky0=Heroic Rageblade Coat|burn
Clicky1=Jann's Veil|downtime
Clicky2=Ice Encrusted Cloak of Adroitness|downtime
Clicky3=Emperor Ganak Familiar|downtime
Clicky4=Scaled Stonegazer Saddle|downtime

Like i was asking before - did you accidentally block the illusion? because that will cause the buff to not land on you

Bah u actullay answered it sic but i didnt understand about the blocking thing till just now that fixed it thanks again, i think for the 6th time now lol. You guys are so helpful thank you all
yup, was wondering if you caught that or not.

imo its dumb that the item works that way, but glad you got it sorted out

The Keyring is always the culprit !
Gotta drag the mask to the bottom for the "Perma Buff slot" so no matter what illusion is cast, it will allow the Janns Buff to cast.

Some illusions stack, which makes the keyring wonky to manipulate.

I wished the Janns Mask Buff was truely "Permanent" instead of randomly sometimes is removed.

Question - Jann's mask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back