• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Item icons that get you excited (1 Viewer)

RedCents
286¢
So, back in the day I would farm the black reavers in CoM for the jade reaver. It was high risk for me at the time, they summoned, after one died another would instantly spawn a random number of times, and it was easy to end up feigned right at the feet of one that was never going to move off of you - completely out of mana and at 10% health. On the flip side the jade reavers sold for A LOT on my server at the time, and most of the time the camp was wide open with nobody else trying to do them. The jade reavers themselves were fairly rare drops too. To this day I see an item with that same item icon and for a brief second I'm excited to have a valuable drop (before my brain kicks in and realizes it's just the same icon, not the same item, and even if it were a jade reaver I'm not on a progression server so it isn't like jade reavers are worth anything nowadays).

Do you have any item icons that trick your brain into at first glance thinking something really valuable has dropped?

FBSS / CoF are the ones that instantly come to mind.. man I thought if I ever got a CoF on my monk I would be unkillable !

FBSS / CoF are the ones that instantly come to mind.. man I thought if I ever got a CoF on my monk I would be unkillable !

Ahh yes, I remember FBSS being pretty highly sought after. I was never good enough to try soloing Guk in it's time era, so I don't have the memory of going to loot and having that icon suddenly appear for me.

Discussion - Item icons that get you excited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back