• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Is this peak DPS? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,589¢
After playing around with my group configurations, I think I have achieved the best possible outcome: SK, BER, BER, BST, MAG, SHM. Below is a burn fight on the named. The shaman has the gimpy DPS because all he did was languid bite when slowing.

I used to have a bard in place of the beastlord, but his DPS sucked and quite frankly there is little difference in the other tunes with and without him. I do miss the double invis and Selos but for now I'm keeping the BST. Does anyone have better?

Untitled.png

You should be happy with that parse.

You might consider using eqlogparser for parsing if it is super important to you.

Is that the best I've seen or heard? No. But still should be happy with it.

Your fight was only 33s long, most toons aren't even getting going quite yet.

As Sic said, strong burn. And.. did it get the job done? I run in hunter tank, and spend more time moving between mobs as I do killing them. If it gets your goals completed, its a win (I have heal heavy friends that entire team is barely above 1m dps).

A bard with 2.0 or a wiz (short burn), rogue (synergy + burns) instead of a mage might do better...

But no point in being faster, peak dps? eh. Peak useful DPS? actually above that :f5:

I use Chat's plugin, default settings, and have my epic. What should I check?
Should assistat 100

Get a bard w 2.0 :p
Shm epic / ecliptic

Fattest 2h u can get, prog for proc Aug
Type 5 hdex
Veil, current familiar, current mount.
You use glyph? Tribute? Trophies?

Personally, burn dps outside of raids is nice eye candy but kinda meaningless. Average dps over time is what matters for group content (eqlogparser is great for calculating that).

Anything over a 3 million group average is golden imo

What gear and type 5s does the character have?
Group. Full Waxing armor. Both have a Blood Soaked Spear, 653/30. About 3800 total Dex.

Should assistat 100

Get a bard w 2.0 :p
Shm epic / ecliptic

Fattest 2h u can get, prog for proc Aug
Type 5 hdex
Veil, current familiar, current mount.
You use glyph? Tribute? Trophies?
My bard has his 2.0. So do my BST and zerkers.

What do you mean by "prog for proc Aug?"

By veil I assume you mean Jann? No got. No familiar or mount

I use glyphs, absolutely. No tribute or trophies.

The parse is good, and you should be proud of it, but not certainly peak by any means. Plus it is a 25s parse? Not really a good indicator as others have mentioned as you need a little buildup. The BRD DPS is not what is essential, as the aDPS/utility he brings to the table alongside the BST over the long haul for longer fights, overall group stability, etc.

My thoughts: Drop a BER for a ROG (those mobs are considered humanoid so dmg is output is greater), use poisons on all, force ROG synergy, drop the MAG for the BRD, optimize BRD for melee aDPS and DoTs (use Medley over Twist), 2.0 on SHM/BRD. I do not remember the hDex breakpoint for BER 2.0...I thought there was one where 2.0 was not as useful or had diminishing returns past a specific hDex point. I could be wrong. TBH I haven't played in a bit and stopped theory-crafting.

All in all, if you're having fun though, keep on doing what you are doing.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback, but the mage stays because a) sick DPS and b) COTH.

Is a rogue really worth it? I had one and didn't see much out of him.

Appreciate the feedback, but the mage stays because a) sick DPS and b) COTH.

Is a rogue really worth it? I had one and didn't see much out of him.
ROG dps > MAG dps in most situations. CoTH - is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things IMHO. There are a few occasions it was handy, but not really needed from my experience.

Shadow, that comment caught my eye. Is there more info available somewhere that I can check out for more details? I don't recall seeing that anywhere before and would like to understand the differences.

Meant Medley. Will go back and correct the post.

Do I use any particular Medley settings? I run a KA INI from here.

And I guess I can experiment with a rogue. Just wish I'd made it before that sweet bonus exp weekend.

Do I use any particular Medley settings? I run a KA INI from here.

And I guess I can experiment with a rogue. Just wish I'd made it before that sweet bonus exp weekend.
Rog gets a ton of DPS from AAs and gear. If your ROG is a shitter, it's going to look like it. Comparing high AA decent geared Zerker against an autogrant rog isn't the way.

Well yeah, that's obvious. Ok, gonna try a rogue in place of one zerker.

And after several hours and a few named, my DPS is definitely better with the BST vs. the BRD. Guess I don't have a good character.

After playing around with my group configurations, I think I have achieved the best possible outcome: SK, BER, BER, BST, MAG, SHM. Below is a burn fight on the named. The shaman has the gimpy DPS because all he did was languid bite when slowing.

I used to have a bard in place of the beastlord, but his DPS sucked and quite frankly there is little difference in the other tunes with and without him. I do miss the double invis and Selos but for now I'm keeping the BST. Does anyone have better?

View attachment 48989
I have questions.
1. Why did your dps wait 8-9 seconds to engage?
2. it's a 33 second parse..and 24 for dps...for melee, dps should be front loaded on a parse that short, where is it?
3. how much can you really take away from at 24 second parse?
4. gear/aa..heroic dex makes a huge difference..a lack of burst could be mistaken for just a lack of gear, instead of what you're doing/how you're set up.

If you want a real parse, I recommend testcopying your crew over to test server and utilizing the dummies in the arena (they're actually not in the arena, they're just outside). Go spawn a level 120-125 dummy and get a long parse going. I wouldn't freeze buffs, as epics/discs and other things last forever, you can't replicate that in content. If you want to parse your "best burn" freezing buffs can be good for that.

25 seconds..doesn't really say much though...other than you possibly lack some heroic dex augs.

No idea why it took so long. The zerkers and bst are using CWTN plugins on default setting. Only the mage and bard are using KA
you probably are assisting at 98, the default.

as i mentioned you should consider setting it to 100

Discussion - Is this peak DPS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back