• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - is there anything more in depth than kissassist? (1 Viewer)

dekar56

RedCents
180¢
just as the title asks, i am wondering if there is another more in depth file i could create or mess around with (with help obviously) besides kissassist, so i can be more direct with what i want done? if so how do i create one of those files, what is the command or what needs to be done

Depending on how many toons you run, if you want more control, consider using MQ2EQBC or IsBoxer.

I used KissAssist for the past year or so, loooooooooooved it, I can't say enough good things about it (easy to configure, edit, etc)

I experimented with EQBC and a week later subbed to ISBoxer. This shit is game changing. It allows for a lot more control of specific toons.

I now control my dps manually and still love how KissAssist handles Healing, Melee toons, and Buffing (besides that spam group buff thing).

Good luck with whatever path you take!

Kiss may be called "Keep it Simple Stupid" but it's anything but simple. Kiss 9, in fact can do quite a bit including pull along a path you define, debuff mezzed mobs, write spells, buff, kill, etc. Again, what more are you looking for...

i just thought there was an older way of doing code besides kissassist, i am just trying to make the response time on my toons auto /assist the main tank instead of waiting until they feel like assisting, the 99% setup for them to assist under melee doesnt seem to work half the time, i pull 3+ on my tank, they assist quick on the first, however after the first, the bard/rogue/bers sometimes wait their sweet ass time before assisting mob can be around 70 before they assist, rogue sometimes doesnt even assist until later, i turned off assassinate for the rogue, the bers should not have anything to wait for, under kissassist others helped me with some code and it worked, but now its on the frits again, is there anything you guys can suggest for me to make them just straight up /assist and attack the maintank's target right after a mob dies? that is what i am going for here

- - - Updated - - -

kiss 9? i used the auto updater, and i am on 8.5.5 where can 9 be found? maybe it will fix alot

oh also i would like to make the bers and rogue pump out the best deeps they possibly can, the rogue is pretty much just atto attacking, backstabbing, and he is doing the dps things i setup, when i had him try to use the backstab disc he was sometimes not even trying to attack in combat, the bers does good...i think? i dunno i just pretty much play the warrior, the bard is there for auto attacking/songs/his aa selos kick and other short duration aa's for damage, but i dont understnd how people code them to cycle through discs/aa's to make them sustain decent damage over time i have it setup for burn to pop every single aa disc, but that is the only time i have them doing so, if there is a way to set it up for them to do a disc here and there that would be awesome, to make their dps go up higher to just clear trash quicker, and have a good setup for burn (mainly bers) rogue i see doesnt have much?

- - - Updated - - -

wait what happens if i turn mq2melee off? will kiss do the same hting? will that fix the response time? and am i able to turn mq2 melee off certain toons and keep it on for others?

- - - Updated - - -

still newb to all of this

i raid on my zerker, so i have burn keys set for raiding, i dont let kiss run my burns on my zerk. Most of the time i can kill the named before i get even setup to burn. My rogue rotates discs while in combat so the dps is always there. My zerker hits 40k without any dps discs going. max aa up till tds.

is there a way to make the bers cycle through discs, like upon combat he starts one, once its finished he pops another, and goes through a list i select? so there is almost always something upping his dps in combat, only in combat start though not outside otherwise its a waste (obviously lol) and for the rogue i want him to somehow pop off his backstab disc at the start of combat without waiting until around 20% to start attacking, also i found that my rogue is now waiting until behind to backstab even though he is in combat, i wnat him to backstab once he enters combat because he moves to the back anyway, that could add extra dps?

rogue helper isnt around anymore so the assassinate disc on assist has been really slow, the reason why is mq2melee goes threw checks before the disc can be popped, first am i behind the mob? then am i sneaking and hiding? then how long havee i been sneaking and hiding for? then It start the timer from that point saying ok start the timer for 5 seconds and check again. then do i have enough endurance? then it will try to trigger the disc. Then it will backstab if everything is ok but not checking for the disc is active. Rogue helper stuck to the back of the mob on incoming, had the timer already started when the enemy came into camp, so all it had to do was fire the disc and backstab. But roguehelper was last updated 2007 offically, so other then that kiss is your best bet for the rogue except one other macro which i wont promote here till i talk to him about it first. I have class macros for every class but require alot of knowledge to setup but work just like kiss it comes down to a couple variables, one your performance is equal to what you put into it. IE if you copy and paste someone else's ini and dont double check whats what dont be surprised it didnt work. Second read the setup guides for kiss, alot of the issues are just wrong syntax from an outdated ini that someone copied and didnt read up on the fix. Mask and CT and all the rest that helped to develop kiss and evolve it to what its become deserve alot of credit for a macro that is load and go and can utilize any class with little knowledge of the abilities is remarkable.

is there a way to make the bers cycle through discs, like upon combat he starts one, once its finished he pops another, and goes through a list i select? so there is almost always something upping his dps in combat, only in combat start though not outside otherwise its a waste (obviously lol) and for the rogue i want him to somehow pop off his backstab disc at the start of combat without waiting until around 20% to start attacking, also i found that my rogue is now waiting until behind to backstab even though he is in combat, i wnat him to backstab once he enters combat because he moves to the back anyway, that could add extra dps?

Yes! Remind me and I'll give you a decent setup for a zerker tomorrow. My euro ass just wentto bed. :) Also, put your MA on a permanent slot in your Xtarget window, it helps tons with assisting speed usually.

Question - is there anything more in depth than kissassist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back