• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there a legitmate reason to have two RedGuides accounts? (1 Viewer)

Is there a legit reason to have more than one account?

• Two members of the same household

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Keeping RG / Bazaar accounts separate

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Where is teh paladin guild?

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • NO, there is no legit reason.

Votes: 37 50.0%

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,113¢
Pronouns
He/Him
We're considering a blanket ban of all dummy accounts. Do you know of a legit reason to have two accounts?

I had two accounts during the TBM raid exploits so I could sell gear and not let people on my server know I was doing it.

o.o

I think it can be legitimate, however I asked permission first before doing it. I don't see a reason you should have two when you don't ask permission first.

I personally don't see a point except perhaps two members of the same household. Only because I grew up with 4 brothers and 2 sisters and their shenanigans were constantly getting me in trouble for one thing or another. In the event of two accounts however there should be some sort of vetting process to show that they are two different people.

With that said, there is no reason that any one person should require multiple accounts on RG that I can think of. If you scam from one account, you're still the same person on the other account. RC transactions, post counts, account penalties etc should be maintained on a single account. I see no purpose for those things to be separated.

With our present site, I would say no. If and when we move the bazaar to another site, I think it would be cleaner that the accounts were separate.

Zero need to have a blanket account and if i remember right i seen in the rules its completely vrs yall's rules to even have multiple redguide accounts.

I'm in favor of a full blanket ban on dummy accounts, this forum has way to many scammers.

~~Brb, creating dummy accounts for voting on this poll :shh: ~~

I'm confused as to why 'two members of the same household' is a real vote? I voted for that, purely because there are people in that position. How does one expect two different individuals to be a member of a community with one account/username?

had that not been an option, there is otherwise no reason to have 2 accounts for an individual[/I

While I think the first 2 options are valid reasons (I'd qualify for both) if it means less scams I can get behind a full blanket bans for dummy accounts.

I don't use dummy/alt accounts anyways.

Im not smart enough to have 2 accounts... first and foremost I have a hard time remembering my password and secondly...what was the question?

I'm confused as to why 'two members of the same household' is a real vote? I voted for that, purely because there are people in that position. How does one expect two different individuals to be a member of a community with one account/username?

had that not been an option, there is otherwise no reason to have 2 accounts for an individual[/I

It probably looks like two accounts coming from the same IP, so it looks like there's a dummy in there. It's probably more complex than that, but I could see that being an issue.

I would like to post about some experiences on my server with people I know that are on Redguides, that are petitioning other RG MQ users, but havent because it would directly link my account here to my toons / server. If I had a second account I could do that. That is the only reason I would like to have a second account.

I would like to post about some experiences on my server with people I know that are on Redguides, that are petitioning other RG MQ users, but havent because it would directly link my account here to my toons / server. If I had a second account I could do that. That is the only reason I would like to have a second account.

why not PM maskoi and redbot about this issue with proof so they can ban them from RG ? why create a second account to yell at your pier's when you can go to the source and fix the issue with proof ? if you know the issue is BS then pm the boss's and have them fix it no need to hide.

2 people in one household would make sense but would be difficult to enforce unless they are red verified.

The super active sellers that want to maintain a separation of their bazaar work and their MQ2 work seems reasonable

I understand not wanting to link the RG user to toons / EQ accounts but that seems like it would be a temporary use and not a good reason to maintain 2 accounts. Possibly PM'ing Redbot or another to get a temporary second account would be a reasonable alternative.

I am posting here about the original thread is all Chanti. Just why I personally have thought before why a second acct could be valuable.

I'm aware that I'm new here.

Here's my 2cp: My spouse and I both play. If She wanted to play while I was playing (we always play together) and we both used this compile of MQ2 then wouldn't we each need an account?

I just recently got 2 of my daughters to play and I suspect the older one will want a rg account at some point... we do live in the same household and we do at times share the same ip...

how would this work if we use a popular VPN if IP ban was enforced ?
but yeah, i would agree no two accounts. if someone has more then one person in a household etc, maybe have those accounts verified in similar way as baz verified account in a slightly lesser way.

how would this work if we use a popular VPN if IP ban was enforced ?
but yeah, i would agree no two accounts. if someone has more then one person in a household etc, maybe have those accounts verified in similar way as baz verified account in a slightly lesser way.

This. The amount of users that would need more than 1 account due to more than 1 user per household issues is probably only 5% of users. That can be verified individually by admins as its such a low % of users. Absolutely, zero other reasons.

Question - Is there a legitmate reason to have two RedGuides accounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back