• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Is the iron bank of bravos on test mq friendly? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
1,264Ā¢
I was thinking of trying out test and possibly joining a weekend raiding guild and I see iron bank of bravos seems to be looking for people.

Was just curious if anyone knew If boxing your group was an acceptable thing or not there?

Thank you!!

Relatively familiar with test...

You will find a mixed bag of players with this guild. Some will be ok with it and probably use it. Some won't care. Some have no idea what this even is. A small few (can probably count on one hand) will turn their nose at it. I would still recommend to follow the typical guidance of don't talk about it, don't be too open about your use, and play safe. Only way to be sure. Even though it's test you can certainly still be baspended here and it is subject to the same rules as everywhere else.

That said, they're an interesting group. Do your group play with MQ on test. Turn off MQ for raids. Could be a good time!

i know a few ibob members personally and theyre ok folks . as @L8erGator said they have mixed feelings on MQ ... there policy states no 3rd party software but knowing from experience i do know it is used on occasion. i run with a box crew of 7-8 folks on test fulltime and have been trying to find boxers here on the forums for quite awhile ... we are currentlly dropping ToL targets and are looking at moving into NoS soon ish. as always do what you would have fun with but if your interested feel free to msg my inbox and we can talk further even if you just have mroe questions about the server

I was thinking of trying out test and possibly joining a weekend raiding guild and I see iron bank of bravos seems to be looking for people.

Was just curious if anyone knew If boxing your group was an acceptable thing or not there?

Thank you!!
Honestly, I would never risk it with those people. There are many of the officers that are completely against. Test server has become nothing but a toxic cesspool in the last year. Not returning to it. Done with it. Moving back to live. Where there are players that dont think using the wurmslayer on raids in ToL is the best option. So basically try at your own risk. But id for sure stay away from officers in general. As I wont name names

Edit: I should mention that Iron bank does sometimes stream their raids. Food for thought

Last edited:
Where there are players that dont think using the wurmslayer on raids in ToL is the best option.
I used to love Test, played there when I came back I was in Legions of Blackurrow for abit, some great bunch of guys I met during that time. But this is just idiotic, I was tempted to go back has I have some extra time free up but I think ill give it a miss.

I used to love Test, played there when I came back I was in Legions of Blackurrow for abit, some great bunch of guys I met during that time. But this is just idiotic, I was tempted to go back has I have some extra time free up but I think ill give it a miss.
Not everyone is bad. Most if my EQ friends are playing /met on test. But most people there now are seem like they take saying "morning testies" as and insult. Id rather max artisan prize for a 54 man raid crew then ever go back to test at this point! (My opinion and observations)

Don't take this post wrong cause I think you are a nice, kindhearted person but.......

I think, based on your other post about a guildie suspecting you are using and should you tell him and this post about finding a server that is ok with MQ is that you want to be open about your use of MQ and tell others your using, but not get in trouble. That's probably not going to happen, no matter which guild or server you go to.

Stay where you are with your investment and change guilds and just keep quiet. Your not going to find the perfect server/guild etc where you can talk freely about MQ and other like stuff.

Also keep in mind that most other players don't really care unless your impacting their game in some way by hogging their camp or being rude about things and pushing the use of it in their faces but there are always the "Karens"

This is why most of us are solitary players. We can 100% depend that we will not tell on ourselves.

Here is my two cents on Test Guilds and MQā€¦

Donā€™t be in a guild 6 boxing and watching your guild mates asking for help. That is going to get your guildā€™s attention in a negative way.
If you want to be a part of a guild youā€™re not going to be able to just run your crew and not participate or help others.

Test is not a normal server there are test copy Raid Copy toons galore no one needs anything but those who donā€™t box on there are always asking for a group.
The tricky part of this is if you put the wrong person in with your MQ box crew your screwed!

Me I am in my own guild I donā€™t let anyone in with my box set ever, if I donā€™t know your personally why would I MQ box openly right in front of you?
Want to be in a guild with other people donā€™t take your whole box set in the guild put one toon in there. ( your main) leave the rest of your crew somewhere else. They see you online ask for you to help say ā€œIā€™m busy helping someoneā€
Then itā€™s not a red flag you got 6 toons up All the time grouped together every time your online.

Lastly and I can not stress this point enough
Guilds are going to say we have a Discord channel come hang out with us.
Donā€™t get on a guilds Discord channel talking about MQ and how your crew is bad ass. You are just openly snitching on yourself and one wrong person gets butthurt cause your always on boxing and wonā€™t PL there alt one day your busted!

This is how I do it hope it helpsā€¦.

Last edited:
I live on Test and avoid the drama. I've raided with my main with IBoB a few times and they were cool. They do have a couple of vocal drama queens, though. I have my own guild for my crew. But if you want to tag along on raids on the weekends, they welcome nonguild raiders, especially if you can actually help. They were generous with the loot too.

Thank you!!
I play almost exclusively on test now and box my 6 man crew. This guild has been super friendly, helped me gear up, and they can perform raids on Test. This is nice as every person I've encountered on test has been super friendly. It seems like many other guilds on test are just created by auto boxers who leave their guys running non-stop in a zone so its nice to actually discuss and play with other real people and don't always have to box. They have discord and sometimes i just sit in the discord channel chatting while i'm not playing.

I know a lot of people in IBOB (and am friends with a few), group with them regularly and most of them don't care and are very friendly.

As with every group, there are idiots and annoying people but. in average, I would say that they are a nice bunch.

As for the Test server, in general, has no economy whatsoever and people give away things, as you can copy them for free. People either give away gear (or sell it in /baz for 1pp), help others level, give away TAs... way better than any other server. Again, as any other server, there are Karens and other annoying people but most people are nice.

Grouping is where the server fails a bit - most grouping happens in-guild so you may struggle to find a group, depending on how social you are and your play times.

A little while ago, someone was kicked out of IBOB for training someone using MQ - I remember him badmouthing the guild, so I guess that kind of answers your question, in a way.

If your boxing on the test server you really donā€™t need a guild unless your doing it to be social.
IBOB always is asking in general chat on Saturdayā€™s if anyone wants to raid.
So to be fair on the test server you can
Get all the gear you want for your box crew at
Will. Buy a Raid Copy toon if you want.
So your only joining a guild to be social on test.
Nothing wrong with that at all.
But if your boxing 6 toons ? And doing quest missions etc? How are you being social other than sitting in Discord with people who are looking to get a group together and play together.
That means I got to play one toon and not my 6 box crew I want to play and do what I want to do in the game.
So I have my own guild with few people I know who are doing the same thing I am doing. Boxing 6 toons themselves and we are discussing boxing and things like that.
I donā€™t want to shut my crew down, I donā€™t want to play one toon at this point.
So itā€™s basically how you want to play the game and what makes you happy.
If your ok playing one toon and helping other people and being social and talking in discord I understand. Thats what you want in your gaming time.

Me Im happy challenging my crew against the game. Trying to run this script and doing this content. I want to talk to people about MQ that can help me make my ā€œbox setā€

I donā€™t want to sit on Discord talking about life, I donā€™t want to flirt with someone on discord because she is a chick and every dude in Discord is falling all over trying to talk to her.
But again itā€™s all about what you want to do and ā€œHow you want to play your gameā€

I know a lot of people in IBOB (and am friends with a few), group with them regularly and most of them don't care and are very friendly.

As with every group, there are idiots and annoying people but. in average, I would say that they are a nice bunch.

As for the Test server, in general, has no economy whatsoever and people give away things, as you can copy them for free. People either give away gear (or sell it in /baz for 1pp), help others level, give away TAs... way better than any other server. Again, as any other server, there are Karens and other annoying people but most people are nice.

Grouping is where the server fails a bit - most grouping happens in-guild so you may struggle to find a group, depending on how social you are and your play times.

A little while ago, someone was kicked out of IBOB for training someone using MQ - I remember him badmouthing the guild, so I guess that kind of answers your question, in a way.
please don't bump older threads - you even got a "cringe" warning that you were bumping an old thread when you posted

Discussion - Is the iron bank of bravos on test mq friendly?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back