• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Introduction (1 Viewer)

Morgund

RedCents
506¢
Hello all, I am Morgund.

I've recently returned to EQ after an ~20 year break and play a bard main (currently lvl 75).

I'm playing F2P and having a great time and with the way Daybreak works decided to create an account for every playable class. I'm up to 12 so far and having a great time but managing more than 3 at a time becomes challenging.

During my search I stumbled across this site and I must say it looks intriguing. Is there a time limited demo available by chance?

I look forward to participating in the forums and hopefully getting to know you folks in the boxing community better.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Morg

Last edited:
Start off by using that 50 redcent and getting a level 2 subscription. in the RedCent shop. :) And welcome to RedGuides.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have done just that and look forward to getting it setup.

Are there any suggestions for "must have" macros? Maybe a forum post I haven't found yet?

Thanks!
Morgund

Last edited:
Here is the beginners guide from RG.

This is a good place to start. Also under Resources / Guides(on the left column there are a number of guides for new / returning players. I would look there as well. The first decision you need to make is which tool are you going to user. You may want to experiment with several to see which fits your play style.

Are there any suggestions for "must have" macros? Maybe a forum post I haven't found yet?
My personal preference/opinion, (not that it means much :) ) I would start out new with using MQNext. This is the next thing since MQ2. From the word on the forums it will be the go to for support in the future. Then I would look at what type of game style you are wanting vs what type of macro or plugin you might want to run.

You have KissAssist.mac, which is probably the most popular (just guessing). Fairly easy to set up the basic ini file and run.
Then you have RGMercs & MuleAssit which rank up there (just guessing again). Not really sure too much about these other than they require some setup.
Then you have some paid plugins by CTWN that are pretty popular available for most classes (although I haven't personally used one but for a short time). These plugins are class specific to run a toon right out of the box with minimal setup effort.

If you are going to run multiple toons you will want to look into EQBC & DanNet. I have always been a fan of EQBC, but growing to like DanNet. This is a chatbox server to control multiple toons from one character.

If you have any questions just ask on the forums, lots of folks ready to give you support when they can.

Welcome! I see everyone has answered your question pretty well, I just want to add - watch the videos where they're available, and then watch them again, and don't be afraid to play around with things to set it up the way you want. It LOOKS intimidating off the bat, but customizing group play is fantastic, and addictive.

Have fun!

My personal preference/opinion, (not that it means much :) ) I would start out new with using MQNext. This is the next thing since MQ2. From the word on the forums it will be the go to for support in the future. Then I would look at what type of game style you are wanting vs what type of macro or plugin you might want to run.

You have KissAssist.mac, which is probably the most popular (just guessing). Fairly easy to set up the basic ini file and run.
Then you have RGMercs & MuleAssit which rank up there (just guessing again). Not really sure too much about these other than they require some setup.
Then you have some paid plugins by CTWN that are pretty popular available for most classes (although I haven't personally used one but for a short time). These plugins are class specific to run a toon right out of the box with minimal setup effort.

If you are going to run multiple toons you will want to look into EQBC & DanNet. I have always been a fan of EQBC, but growing to like DanNet. This is a chatbox server to control multiple toons from one character.

If you have any questions just ask on the forums, lots of folks ready to give you support when they can.

Thanks cannonballdex! I'm toying with KissAssist with a war/clr duo now. I'm about to add a rog into the mix and will increment through different class combinations through the day.

Speaking of different class combinations; I'm guessing creating profiles for your different party configurations is one way to go. Are there other options or somewhere I can read up?

I'm still watching the videos, repeatedly... There's a lot of info here to consume, but this is great.

Thanks for your advice!

-Morgund

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have done just that and look forward to getting it setup.

Thanks!
Welcome welcome I’m new here too if I could give you some advice my recommendation is watch the YouTube videos on how to install it and how it runs and use the class plugins kissassist and mule assist are really good but the class plugins make it a billion times easier really it’s a lot of omg this looks overwhelming but it really isnt best of luck and welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome welcome I’m new here too if I could give you some advice my recommendation is watch the YouTube videos on how to install it and how it runs and use the class plugins kissassist and mule assist are really good but the class plugins make it a billion times easier really it’s a lot of omg this looks overwhelming but it really isnt best of luck and welcome

Hi Biggles! Thanks for the advice. So far I've been playing with KissAssist and I'm troubleshooting an issue with my Wizard not wanting to nuke, he's just buffing, and never loads more than 1 spell at a time. I'm thinking I need to recreate the ini file from scratch instead of using the one from the library.

Hello all, I am new.

I've recently returned to EQ after an ~20 year break and play a bard main (currently lvl 75).

I'm playing F2P on Vox and having a great time and with the way Daybreak works decided to create an account for every playable class. I'm up to 12 so far and having a great time but managing more than 3 at a time becomes challenging.

During my search I stumbled across this site and I must say it looks intriguing. Is there a time limited demo available by chance?

I look forward to participating in the forums and hopefully getting to know you folks in the boxing community better.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Loouis
Hello and welcome. You didn't just post your toon's name did you? Hope not as that isn't a great idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion - Introduction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back