• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Intro (1 Viewer)

chanceibmny

RedCents
331¢
Hail and well met,

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Chance and just returning to EQ after leaving in 2004 for WoW (ikr?). I've been putzing around on my live chars, but I decided I wanted to give a shot at the multi-boxing with MQ2. My only experience in EQ boxing was true 2boxing with 2 computers back in the day. After that I did a little boxing using ISBoxer from LavishSoft in WoW, but nothing serious or long-term. I tried compiling my MQ2 and getting all of that set up for an Emu server, but it just wasn't working the way the guides said. Now, here I am and looking forward to trying the Redguides way and getting to know a community of fellow boxers ^_^

will give you the intro be a few dropping by to say hello i am sure.
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome :)

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player! The long term break rings true for many of us, myself included. This site makes the game worth it again imo.

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like Overseer Lua, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme, Magellan. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Hail and well met,

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Chance and just returning to EQ after leaving in 2004 for WoW (ikr?). I've been putzing around on my live chars, but I decided I wanted to give a shot at the multi-boxing with MQ2. My only experience in EQ boxing was true 2boxing with 2 computers back in the day. After that I did a little boxing using ISBoxer from LavishSoft in WoW, but nothing serious or long-term. I tried compiling my MQ2 and getting all of that set up for an Emu server, but it just wasn't working the way the guides said. Now, here I am and looking forward to trying the Redguides way and getting to know a community of fellow boxers ^_^

Welcome back! I have yet to play any MMO game that has captured me like EQ. At this point it is the only MMO game I play.

I think once you get into boxing it will be all downhill from there!

Hail and well met,

Gifted 1 month of level 2 access.

Welcome back.

will give you the intro be a few dropping by to say hello i am sure.
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ
Very nice, thank you for the helpful links! My apologies for the late reply, I'm getting married on June 22nd, and I've been a bit preoccupied lol. I'll be reading all of the guides and watching the videos (I've already started watching the welcome ones) soon. Hopefully, I'll have more discussions in the other threads as I learn.

Welcome back! I have yet to play any MMO game that has captured me like EQ. At this point it is the only MMO game I play.

I think once you get into boxing it will be all downhill from there!
I'm definitely looking forward to it! I've played a lot of MMO's over the years, always trying the new ones, but really everything always comes back to the OG for me.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player! The long term break rings true for many of us, myself included. This site makes the game worth it again imo.

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like Overseer Lua, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme, Magellan. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.
Thank you for the welcome and plethora of newbie-friendly links! I'll be going down the rabbit hole soon and getting things going. I've already created my 6 accts and 6 toons I want to run. Now, it's just a matter of researching and slowly getting it all down pat.

Thank you too for the Red Cents guide as well, I'd been wondering about that. Level 2 bound for sure, as soon as the researching is over ;)

IRL - Intro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back