• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Insta gib on zlandicar (1 Viewer)

boeufmaster

RedCents
160¢
Anyone else suddenly getting smashed by zlandicar reborn? I've been clearing him no problem and then this afternoon I'm literally getting 1-2 shotted by him repeatedly on my tank.

Anyone else suddenly getting smashed by zlandicar reborn? I've been clearing him no problem and then this afternoon I'm literally getting 1-2 shotted by him repeatedly on my tank.
he has always had a chance to do that - he is super strong out the gate.

people have been asking a couple times a week since xpac launch "zomg did they buff zlandicar today" and the answer is no =p just unlucky.

You have to watch that first round. He can go off and splat you if he gets a good run in. I have started popping shield flash right before I engage just in case....haven't had an issue since.

I've started doing the same on my SK. I pre-buff, shield flash, /say insist -- once those first few seconds are over I swap out to 2h.

Heh funny enough, I figured out that I've been using the bard as a soaker for that first round of hits, which made the difference. When I switched to starting the fight with auto attack on the tank, he was getting gibbed. I went back to soaking with the bard and it's all good.

There's a version of zland that can quad for 120k... It's a monster. I have no other option than to glyph or armor of experience and pray to rallos zek himself

Every once in a while in the last 15% he will just devour my warrior, but not often. Seems to be doing it more often lately though. Been trying to just burn him down faster and seems not be happen as much. Cut off seems to be right at the 175 seconds mark, over and Zland goes off and the adds don’t help, under and he’s a piece of cake.

Also shield flash. 2 days ago he hit through that and straight killed the SK. Healer did not have a chance to react.
Perhaps it's possible you did what I do sometimes, and forget you have your 2 hander on, and since Shield Flash requires a shield....... Anyway, I also started doing a full burn routine before engaging him after they upped his DPS output, getting him down in under 60s is satisfying.

Perhaps it's possible you did what I do sometimes, and forget you have your 2 hander on, and since Shield Flash requires a shield....... Anyway, I also started doing a full burn routine before engaging him after they upped his DPS output, getting him down in under 60s is satisfying.
Nope, checked after I died, was in sword n board mode. Now it could be possible that kiss switched me to it.
mmm going to agree with you then 2hd mistake.

Last edited:
Question - Insta gib on zlandicar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back