• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - I'm new here and not sure what to do to get MQ2 set up (1 Viewer)

Taternuts007

RedCents
111¢
I've been playing off and on for years and want to take my experience to the next level. I've got a box army already ready to go aside from AAs being maxed for several and progression stuff on several but unfortunately the population doesn't make it easy to solo and alt tab boxing is just not good to put it nicely.
I'm tired of headshotting myself and dying like a doofus or harm touching myself when alt tabbing lol =P
Carly Doofus GIF by Paramount+

Hi, Welcome I hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you have a questions feel free to message me at any time. I will respond when I am able. Here is level 2 for a month on me. You can get level 2 here by keeping up on post's with redcents that red Change icon on your post.

Hi, Welcome I hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you have a questions feel free to message me at any time. I will respond when I am able. Here is level 2 for a month on me. You can get level 2 here by keeping up on post's with redcents that red Change icon on your post.
Thanks for the info and the help

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Greeting @Taternuts007 ,

1. Welcome to RedGuides.
2. Alt-tab is only efficient for box 2 at one machine, when box >=3, MacroQuest is the solution.
3. Please watch beginner guide videos and setup your MQ step by step.
4. Please feel free to ask questions, this community is very helpful.

I've been playing off and on for years and want to take my experience to the next level. I've got a box army already ready to go aside from AAs being maxed for several and progression stuff on several but unfortunately the population doesn't make it easy to solo and alt tab boxing is just not good to put it nicely.
I'm tired of headshotting myself and dying like a doofus or harm touching myself when alt tabbing lol =P
welcome to the madhouse.
Depends on how in depth you really want to go.
Kissassist/Muleassist are the two easiest to hit the ground running without added cost, just hit the library here and grab a INI for your level pop it in and zoom
if ya dont mind spending a little more i 1000% recommend CWTN/Sic Pluggins. they are totally worth the cost. and work from level 1 to max level without needing to DL new level INI every 4 levels or so. they also tell you what spells/discs your missing

Ah don't feel that way! I created a bard and just could not get the hang of why the guards in Cresent Reach kept attacking.

Guess it was the song I was playing, I wanted to be Slash so bad:blush:

Here are some resources to help you out.

Video: KA setup part 1:
Video: KA setup part 2:
Video: Another helpful setup guide:

KA Wiki (this one has all the commands you need: https://kissassist.com

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Discussion - I'm new here and not sure what to do to get MQ2 set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back