• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - I'm debating which to buy? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,839¢
Seasons 1-8 Game Of Thrones on sale at Microsoft this week for $59

The Complete Series on DVD Baa Baa Black Sheep. Amazon $42 Not on sale

Thoughts?

dont know what baa baa black sheep is but im still voting for game of thrones - unless baa baa black sheep has more boobs

Baa baa black sheep (I think it was renamed to black sheep squadron) is a great show. Based around Marine corp pilots stationed in the Pacific islands during WW2. Loved the show. Still have the opening theme song burned into my memory.

Rob

I watched all the BBBS episodes back in the day. It was a great WWII era show. What can I say, Robert Conrad was the "Man" back then. If you like nostalgia then this is a good choice. But if I was going to watch it again I would just DL it and save the money lol. Now GoT is a different story. Again I have to say I would just DL it (oh wait I already have it DL'ed lol). But seriously, you should buy the books instead. There is so MUCH detail in the books that isn't covered or ADDED into the movies. George RR Martin is one of those authors that only comes along so often. He is what I call an "excellent" writer. And the books have a flow to them that can't be duplicated in the movies. The show's script writers took a lot of "literary discretion" in seasons 2-8. Way too much discretion as far as I am concerned. Season 1 was pretty true to form from the book, so it was ok. Just like what your watching now (Shogun), nothing like the book, I mean how do you reduce a 1100 page book to 8 hours of movie? Can't be done.

Just an old man's opinion about the state of Hollywood. Don't get me started lol.

Vrak

Toast - I'm debating which to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back