• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Games - Ikariam! Fun and Addicting Civ Style Free Browser Game (1 Viewer)

At the top of your window you will see a drop down menu that has your town name on it, when you click on that, select your second colony. Don't worry, took me a few minutes, but I was actually bugged but the GM's fixed it.

You select your colony that you want to transport the goods from, you go over and click on your second colony by moving on the map and selecting it. Use 'Send Goods' or whatever it is, you'll know.

If you have a trading port you can click on that and there are a couple of links down below your ship buying area...you can click one of those to send goods too.

I'm looking to add some culture exchange treaties...does anyone else have an embassy and museum and want to set up a treaty?

Last edited:
I can start an alliance...I haven't yet though. I think lots of the dudes here have joined with existing ones maybe?

Hi all Im new to this Fourm and i noticed that you are playing Ikariam. I also have an account on ETA. I have four towns one for each "goods" on the game (Marble, Wine, Sulphur, and Crystals) Here are a list of my towns and coor. If you need any help i can help the best i can. I have 30 Trade ships and Plenty of goods and a nice little army. I also Belong to the alliance BoV. You can Check them on the score boards. I think we were ranked 24th last time I checked over all on ETA

Wine City-Veilhem: 23:54

Sulphur City-Egg: 23:54

Crystal City-Hiro: 23:53

Marble City-Veilhem the 2nd: 19:68

My Player name is Lil Ceasar

My name is RedBema, and my towns are Jerusalem and Bematown.

I need to join the alliance quick, I am being ransacked by way of sea it seems, lol.

My name is RedBema, and my towns are Jerusalem and Bematown.

I need to join the alliance quick, I am being ransacked by way of sea it seems, lol.

Unfortunately it seems that you have to have researched cultural exchange and have built an embassy in order to join an alliance. :(

I'm Sirandal in Ikariam too. If anyone wants to join up, just send me a message in-game.

How does the tavern thing work?

It seems that sometimes when I try to upgrade the wine serving or whatever it tells me that I have "insufficient resources." How do I know if I have enough resources or not or what are the resources?

Upgrading any building requires more resources as you level them up. You can find the resources you have on hand under the main buttons (show world, show island, show town)

They are lumber, wine, marble, crystal glass and sulphur.

You'd probably need lumber and marble (maybe) for your tavern right now. You can get more lumber by clicking on the island view and selecting the pile of logs (it's the lumber mill.) Then you can use the slider to assign some of your population to work gathering lumber.

Lol, I realize that. That is the sole basics of the game.

What I am talking about is completely different. What I am trying to do is give my citizens wine. I click on my tavern, and slide the bar up to produce more wine, and it won't let me at times. It doesn't speak of any resource needed to produce wine that I can see. Plus, I have plenty of resources of everything at the moment, so I know that that isn't the problem.

Just wondering why I can't produce wine...

You can only produce wine if you have a colony on an island that has a vineyard. Sorry I misunderstood you. If you don't have a vineyard, you'll have to buy/trade/pillage it. :(

That's wierd.

None of my colonies have vineyards but I have been able to produce wine before from my tavern. Now it won't let me for some reason in either colony.

Who has wine? Who wants to trade wine? I have Sulphur, Marble, Crystal Glass or Building Materials if you need it. I want about 2000

yea wine is needed for the tavern. If you dont have nay wine you can go to your Trding post and see if there is anyone who is selling any. If there is you can buy some and your ships will go to that island to pick it up. Depending on your Trading post lvl will determine how far your ships will be able to go. 1 island and so on. Every two lvls your trading post is upgraded will add an island to trade with. This is also how you can sell your goods too.

Ya, I just figured it out. I am a dufus.

I was wondering why sometimes it let me produce wine and other times it would not. The reason is because during a few of my pillages I happened to take alot of grapes. That is how I was able to produce the wine.

That is why it keeps telling me that I have "insufficient resources." I am just a retard but now I understand.

Off to go pillage some more towns for grapes.

I often have surpluses of:

Sulphur
Marble
Wine

Feel free to message me in the game (sirandal.) I'm still extremely interested in setting up cultural exchange treaties and trade treaties as well.

Why is this game so extremely slow geting started out? Its fun no doubt and addicting but takes a life time and a half to get things built, and its hard to keep happiness up as well before you have a tavern ... =/ Is there any way to raise faction other then researching and building a tavern? it slowly drops lol.

I started up on ETA. Player name is blackpower. Coordinates are 29:26. Just a noob town. Clarkville. Still getting my feet wet.

I'm on Eta.

Player name: KnightMantis

Town 1: Mantis Inc
Island Resource: Wine

Town 2: Second Inc
Island Resource: Sulfer

Town 3: Third Inc
Location Slestoos[50:35]
Island Resource: Marble

I'm glad to see some new folks who are kinda close to my island. :) Let me know when you guys are ready for some diplomacy goodness. I have a few extra cultural artifacts I can lend out.

This was a cool game for the last 2 weeks until they banned me because both me and my 4 year old son play on the same server. I'm starting to wonder if I just pillaged someone who knew someone in charge and got me booted.

Ticket ID: 11042
Date: 20/06/2008
Subject: Banned?!
Ingame Nick: <removed>
Ingame Permanent Email: <removed>
IP: <removed>
Coords: <removed>
Issue: Ban Discussion
Section: World Eta
Responsable: BabyFirefly
Category: World Eta

<Me> - World Eta (Friday, June 20 2008 2:34pm)
Why was I banned? I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and think it's cool. What did I do wrong?

BabyFirefly (Saturday, June 21 2008 2:36am)
The ban placed on your account was for multi-accounting, owning more than one account per server. This ban is permanent and not normally removed.

Do you have any idea why this ban was placed on your account?

<Me> - World Eta (Saturday, June 21 2008 5:07am)
I play and so does my son. Is that multi-accounting?! Mine is attached to my gmail account and his to his hotmail account. We've never swapped any goods and he's not a member of my alliance. I think he even had his account deactivated once for not using it and he started again. (He's 4 so he really doesn't do much except want to do what daddy does.) His account is <removed> and mine is <removed> (all my towns are <removed> I, II or III named after my 10 day old son!)

We don't really do much on my son's account so if that breaks the rules please just disable it and I'll let him run one of my colonies or something. (Or start him on a new server.)

Thanks.

BabyFirefly (Saturday, June 21 2008 11:02am)
This ban was placed because you share sensitive account information. This ban was not placed because you are related, because you live together, or because you use the same connection.

<Me> - World Eta (Saturday, June 21 2008 2:54pm)
I don't understand? My son is 4 years old. I log in for him so he can play. That's why we were banned?

BabyFirefly (Sunday, June 22 2008 11:55am)
Well logging in for another player is against the rules also, yes. However the ban was placed because the evidence shows that you're the same person.

There isn't much that I can do about it, though, because there isn't a way to prove that he isn't you etc.

How well can a four year old play this game? o.O (out of curiosity.) Congrats on your new baby also.

I'm sorry that I can't really help you but the rules are pretty clear about things and there isn't any leeway for parents who help their children play.. I'm not 100% sure what to do in this situation so you may want to message an SGO and ask their opinion about it. They may be able to help you in ways that I can't.

I've also filed another ticket with an SGO.

Ticket ID: 11373
Date: 22/06/2008
Subject: Ticket # 11042
Ingame Nick: <removed>
Ingame Permanent Email: <removed>
IP: <removed>
Issue: Ban Discussion
Section: SGO
Responsable: Unasigned
Category: SGO
<Me> - SGO (Sunday, June 22 2008 6:14pm)

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a problem with the banning of my and my son's account. As you can see from the other ticket, I do not understand why these accounts are banned. I play and my 4 year old son plays. We use it more as a teaching tool for him. ([time] how long until something is done being built or researched, [geography] time is from a different time zone and the game seems to be based out of Germany so we look at a globe and talk about where it is, [math] how many more resources are needed before we can do something new, how many will we have left after we build something.)

The other ticket first says I was banned for "multi-accounting on the same server" and then they said it was because I "shared sensitive account information" and then back to "I am the same person". Well of course it should look like the same person. We're in the same house and sometimes on the same PC. I log in for him and make sure there's no inappropriate messages he might see from another player and then we talk about what he wants to do. (I'm the one who actually does it since he doesn't understand many of the game mechanics yet.) If the solution to this is to just remove is account from the ETA server, that's fine since he can quickly get brought back to the point he is now and for him it's not so much about progression as it is "doing what he sees daddy do".

I'm disappointed in the circular non-assistance I was given with my first ticket and why are tickets of this nature even directed to lower level staff if they can't actually do anything to assist me? (In real life I manage a multi-million dollar data center in the US that includes a help desk so I know a little about what I'm talking about.)

I also have no doubt that the two accounts have logged on from various IP addresses as well since I work from home, but I will VPN into various sites around the country and continue to play Ikariam thru those connections as well. (I also would play in hotels or via cell phone if I needed to travel but I haven't yet.)

This game has a nice simple concept that I, and now several friends enjoy playing. I found you recommended on a website and started playing and promptly had four of my friends jumping to play as well. I would hate to see that my recommendation was ill placed.

Thank you for your time.

I don't know if I have any interest in playing anymore if these guys are such assholes about letting a father and son play together.

Good to know this though, recently my dearest started playing as well (same residence) so probably we'll be banned as well next time they do an IP check.
At least it would happen during the 'oh well, stuff takes so long to research and I keep getting beaten by my island neighbours' phase instead of the 'oh noes, I spent half a year creating my utopic paradise' one.

Tombopolis, 43:20 by the way if anyone is interested in wine.

Just let the game operators know that 2 of you play from the same IP. I think the only rule is that you can never trade or have anything to do with each other. :(

Eta account name ohsfatty
Town name Petoria Loc 53-48

You have extra supplys? I could really use like 200-300 marble/crystal to help get me started again.

I actually picked up this game today and am having a blast so far.

Account name - Bmbrmnky
Island- Samyos
Town- Purgatory 57:31

feel free to hit me up anytime

Games - Ikariam! Fun and Addicting Civ Style Free Browser Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back