• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Games - Ikariam! Fun and Addicting Civ Style Free Browser Game (1 Viewer)

Stormdruid

RedCents
41¢
So, Ikariam.org

It's a browser based, civilization style game, set in Ancient Greece, and it's free.

It's extremely fun, you have to build up your cities, make colonies, pillage other people etc.

I am currently on the Eta server with a bunch of people from my old WoW guild.

I highly recommend all of you to check this out, and if you start playing, post your coordinates and the resource on your island here, and I'll start working on a list.

Tips for the game to come if people show interest.

Current People
Stormdruid: player name, Mesmerized, coordinates, 48:70, island resource, sulphur, town name, Astrapolis.
SECOND COLONY: Krasiopolis, island resource, wine.

Marbury: player name, Kaiyne, coordinates, 79:37, island resource, crystal, town name, Marbury

Gaston: player name, Gaston, coordinates, 73:55, island resource, sulhpur, town name, Fartsburg

Sirandal: player name, Sirandal, coordinates, 27:24, island resource, sulphur, town name, Otisburg

Evilhomer: player name, EvilHomer, coordinates, 81:37, island resource, unknown, town name, Mudkipz

Ohsfatty: player name, Ohsfatty, coordinates, 76:79, island resource, crystal, town name, Ohsville

Last edited:
Alright, Gaston is now a member of the Eta server. Currently I am updating to level 2, which is the first thing I saw that I was able to afford.

My town's name is Fartsburg. And before anyone gives me crap about sophomoric humor, you should know that Fartsburg is a family name that we changed after coming to America in order to escape brutal teasing.

Game Question: Will structures continue to build when I log off? Is it the same for harvesting materials?

Last edited:
Stuff still builds and researches after you log off, as is harvesting materials.

Remember to post your coordinates, and try to research Expansion as fast as possible, as that lets you make new colonies.

Research Academy (4)
Town Hall (4)
Barracks (3)
Warehouse (1)
Trading Port (1)
Town Wall (1)

I don't have any troops, but I will soon when I get some more resources. We've got a level 12 Sawmill on our Island, and my population is increasing nicely. I'm researching Welldigging right now. I'm just going to level up the first few in each sphere.

Last edited:
Cool, I'm busy dispatching letters to the surrounding towns, trying to pit them against one another.

Town Hall (5)
Warehouse (1)
Academy (3)
Trading Port (1)

Man having a crystal mine really makes your academy expansion much easier...I need 50 crystal for my next level and the closest guy selling has it for 30g each. :(

I'm working on an embassy right now. We'll start an NA guild. I'm thinking the "Alliance of the stout-hearted hilly folk"

Update: Just finished research on Expansion, so I can trade goods with other players. My island produces sulfur and I'm in need of crystal glass and marble.

Good game resources:
Official Wiki - http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Great Resource! Already made over 1k gold using the trading strategy detailed in an earlier post http://ikariamtip.com/

Last edited:
I am almost done with expansion, so I'll be able to trade you Crystal for Sulfur. Although, I don't have a use for sulfur yet.

Anyone have Marble?

Ohsfatty also has crystal mine. Marbury I looked for you on your island but couldn't find you...maybe wrong coords?

I also looked at that tutorials page and I'm currently trying a "sneak attack" on a sucker...1 minute till the battle starts...I'll let you know what happens. lol

woot! victory! but it'll be 40 more minutes till my boys get back and let me know what I pillaged. haha

Crystal is only for your research, I recommend getting some, but focus mostly on wood, wine, and marble. I have a colony with Wine I just started, and I will begin supplying people asap.

EDIT: Marbury's coordinates are slightly wrong. Updating them now. 79:37

well...you want to get your hands on some if people around you are looking for it. I don't have crystal so I need it...I've got sulphur, some people need that, you get the picture.

I was looking for some crystal, I checked out some islands near me that had it and looked for a likely town that I could plunder. Fortunately there was a promising target...my army came back with 400ish wood, 114 crystal and 4 gold. haha

Update:

Lvl 3 town
Lvl 5 academy
Lvl 1 trading port
Lvl 2 trading post
Lvl 2 (upgrading to 3 now) shipyard
Lvl 1 wall
Lvl 2 barracks
Lvl 1 warehouse

About 8 hours out from having Expansion which should help in my future trading empire! :)

Important tips I wanted to highlight from the wiki:
- It's very important to keep your trading port at lvl 1 since that limits how many supplies you lose if someone plunders you.
- It seems to be the case that if you keep using stuff as you get it you don't worry too much about how much you have to protect (my lvl 1 warehouse is enough as long as I keep my resources busy.)

Edit:

I just launched my 2nd successful raid against a "weaker" town. I'm using the tips on that site about using the search feature to find "sitting ducks." Since I'm still several hours away from my expansion research I'm limited to my home archipelago...I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass in the long run. I think for the most part these guys I sniped were either too new or too uninterested in really playing the game...probably won't be much reprisal if any. If there is, I'll be ready for them. :)

Last edited:
Just started last night, looks like a very interesting game :) I am on Eta, Island Blafios @ 41:44, town name of Thermopilis. Still trying to feel my way as to how everything works. The wonder we have is sulfur production enhancing, and we have a wood mill on the island (not sure if everyone has that or not, though it would seem logical)

Town -- 2
Academy -- 2

I'm doing well, pillaging tons of people. Can anyone hook me up with Wine? I seem to be out. I'll trade them crystal.

Giving it a go:

decker: player name, decker, coordinates, 32:40, island resource, sulphur, town name, Town O decker

I just started construction on my palace.

Research Hall is level 8 now.

I'm building my hideout after my palace, and then I am expanding to the colony beside me.

I just sent my troops to pillage a place 2 Islands north of me for Marble, so I might not need anymore.

Nope, I got like 20 marble from the pillage. I logged on today, and I had maxed wood, this game is either seriously bugged, or there is something wrong. Now I just need my gold and stuff to expand to another colony.

Yeah I still need 2 more tradeships and a bunch of gold. Should have the wood by the time I have the gold.

I just finished my palace sometime in the night and I'm about to finish up professional army. As soon as my pillages finish that I have pending I ought to be able to upgrade my research one more time.

Storm how do you have so much wine by the way?

Maxed wood and crystal, I'm making 800 gold per hour, sometime tomorrow I will colonize so I can get more workers to capitalize on gain of resources.

I've drank a few too many right now. I should probably go to bed.

Maxed wood and crystal, I'm making 800 gold per hour, sometime tomorrow I will colonize so I can get more workers to capitalize on gain of resources.

I've drank a few too many right now. I should probably go to bed.

Haha...I must be doing something wrong... :(

Anyone want to send me 8000 gold, I have 4,000 towards my new colony.

lol.

I just want to get more swordsman and rape and pillage all the towns on my island.

player name, RuninginCircles, island of Weylaios, coordinates, 13:21, island resource, sulfer, town name, Archbards

I dunno how to know what the special resource is...I zoomed out to show the whole island and I saw a pile of wood, but I assume everyone has that...

edit: oh, wait...its sulfer :P

ohmegawd.
u finally tricked me in registering on this site after all those months of lurking around, laughing my brain out of my skull. (grabbing it when it has landed on the table often reminds me of grabbing wet soap btw)

fenfire
Server: Eta
Island: Thromios
Coords: 45,52
Capital: Fenfirios
and - last but not least-: I HAZ GOTZ TEH MARBLEZLOL!!!111

just so you guys know im despartely in need of some Wine, i have all other resources including PLENTY of gold for trade, but i need a good couple hundred wine. Let me know here or message me in-game if you have some for trade.

well, thats another thing...how do I get that rock stuff? theres none on my island...and my trading ship is damn near useless from what I can tell.

Evil Homer, I will trade you 900 wine for 525 marble.

And the rock stuff is Marble, which fenfire's island has.

Games - Ikariam! Fun and Addicting Civ Style Free Browser Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back