I really liked Lazarus. My only suggestion is to not rush it or it won't last that long. People give freebies and you can buy uber gear but it just makes things go by quickly and the low levels are too good to blast through. Nice server though. Fast travel to wherever you want to go. Boxing a group of 6 with MQ is really fun and most stuff can be done as a group of 6. A few of the end game raids tended to have people team up to make raids for things like a few of the MPG trials and the big endgame raid.
I think the most fun I had was on PEQ though. You can skip ahead on that too like killing the roaming efreeti in WW gives you access to a PoP zone that lets you get PoP armor for 500p a piece. But I played through all the expansions with era appropriate gear and it was really fun. It doesn't make anything easier either so you need to box entire raids to do a lot of stuff. I boxed 18-24. It is kind of double edged sword because it became a bit too much work for me after a while so I moved on to places like Lazarus which is much easier. But PEQ had me hooked for the longest time.
Like when I got to level 67 ish it really slowed down and I needed a lot of AAs. So I spent a while power leveling 2 new groups. I enjoyed going to Unrest with my shaman and would pull half the zone with a damage shield, self heal to hold aggro. And before stuff died my newbie groups just cast one area nuke to get all the XP. I quickly leveled up two new groups, a group of wizards and a group of enchanters. Then setup MQ to work as AOE groups. I teamed them up with my high level group and pulled huge groups of mobs in places like Velks with my raid geared warrior, over and over and with one click they would spam stuns and area nukes and I'd get 20+ AAs per pull. I got to visit a lot of zones I hadn't spent much time in.
There is another server like PEQ as well, I think called EQ Titan. I also played TAKP for a while which is good if you want to raid with other people. Lately I have liked playing on some new servers that let you solo everything but it's still a challenge.