• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - I Have to log in each time i come to the website (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,772¢
Lately for the past few days everythime I come to RedGuides I have to log in. It always kept me logged in until now. Not a big deal was just asking if something was broke or do I need to change anything

Solution
I'm happy to report this issue is resolved on our end. If you're still experiencing issues from old cookies, you'll need to clear cookies for the RedGuides domain or use a different browser.

Most browsers will give you an option to clear a site's cookies by clicking the padlock next to the URL bar.

1664430336236.png
I'm happy to report this issue is resolved on our end. If you're still experiencing issues from old cookies, you'll need to clear cookies for the RedGuides domain or use a different browser.

Most browsers will give you an option to clear a site's cookies by clicking the padlock next to the URL bar.

1664430336236.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

View attachment 42359
I tried all of this and it still dosent work for me. But not a big deal all I have to do is one click to log in and I am here

I tried all of this and it still dosent work for me. But not a big deal all I have to do is one click to log in and I am here
Yep, same here. Tried 3 different browsers. Not a cookie left in the house. But not a big deal to log in each time. And at least we don't have to do that thing where you have to match how many chimneys or buses are in a picture to prove your human.

And why is a computer program asking me to prove I am human?

Yep, same here. Tried 3 different browsers. Not a cookie left in the house. But not a big deal to log in each time. And at least we don't have to do that thing where you have to match how many chimneys or buses are in a picture to prove your human.

And why is a computer program asking me to prove I am human?
Same here. Killed all the cookies, and I'm still getting logged out.

Same the update was no luck, all cookies cleared out and it wants me to log in each time. If you try to look at your profile on mobile after opening the closed browser( without refreshing the browser as that would log on you out) you get a notification cookies aren’t on, which for mobile chrome they always are on.

I wish I could recreate the issue everyone is having! If anyone can show me over a call, I'd gladly set you up with redcents / krono for your time. PM me with times available.

I wish I could recreate the issue everyone is having! If anyone can show me over a call, I'd gladly set you up with redcents / krono for your time. PM me with times available.
Its very random. I thought I had it figured out that if I had an alert and did not read it then it would keep me logged in. But it only worked that way once or twice and then I still had to log in. On the other hand, today I am staying logged in even though I turned off the computer, did other web surfing etc.

I just started noticing this happen on my iPhone....it will say I am not logged in then when I put my UN/PW it says I am already logged in. I think I have also had it happen on my windows box....but never on my mac's from what I remember.

I don't know a good way to inspect cookies on the mobile Chrome browser, unless someone is patient enough to do debug mode. Can anyone can replicate this issue on desktop? Once again, krono for your time & a screenshare!

I'm hoping for a screenshare, ideally using Window's "Quick Assist" so I can debug the issue in real time. If you can recreate the problem regularly please PM me

Fixed for real this time, and I'm 98.9% sure now. I was so convinced this was user error, so I'd like thank you everyone for convincing me otherwise!

I'm re-marking the "clear cookies" solution as that will resolve any lingering issues that a few users will have until mid-October, but for everyone following this thread you should no longer have a problem. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Fixed for real this time, and I'm 98.9% sure now. I was so convinced this was user error, so I'd like thank you everyone for convincing me otherwise!

I'm re-marking the "clear cookies" solution as that will resolve any lingering issues that a few users will have until mid-October, but for everyone following this thread you should no longer have a problem. Please let me know if that's not the case.
All good here as well. For some reason it was working on PC yesterday but not mobile, now both seem fine.

Working for me right now as well. Thanks for the fix!

Problem - I Have to log in each time i come to the website

Users who are viewing this thread

Back