• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - I am so stupid (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
For a few days now I could not understand why my 95+ SK was only hitting around 90k HP when buffed with the level 120 cleric buff Persistence. With buffs from my group cleric whose spells were all up to date, he was seeing 67-68k. His gear was all TBM with most of it Crypt Hunter and all 21 pieces had level 95 type 9 Augs.

it finally hit me today. When cycling through the TBM partisan HA’s type 5 Augs had dropped and I would place them in his gear. Suddenly today I get a message that he couldn’t bash because no shield was equipped. I checked. There was his shiny TBM bulwark. When I took a closer look, although it was equipped, the description was red. looking even closer, the Augs that dropped and I was equipping were level 100. He is only 99. I had 13 pieces of gear with level 100 type 5 augs that were being rendered useless. Went to the solvent merchant; pulled out the augs; his hp shot up to over 125k with my group’s cleric buffing.

I felt sooooooo stupid. I wish they would put in a mechanic such that those items would have been unequipped and put into inventory. For almost a week I was feeling super squishy. Now I know why. Live and learn.

I hope at least one person chuckled.

Be well. Happy gaming.

I'll top this. I've replaced gear with required level (and not been at that level) and destroyed the old gear before. So, at least you had gear to go back to.

It's a design flaw. Placing a yellowed aug in equipment should just make the aug slot zero, not the entire item it's placed in. What you did is fine. The result was due to poorly designed game mechanics. JMHO.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

For a few days now I could not understand why my 95+ SK was only hitting around 90k HP when buffed with the level 120 cleric buff Persistence. With buffs from my group cleric whose spells were all up to date, he was seeing 67-68k. His gear was all TBM with most of it Crypt Hunter and all 21 pieces had level 95 type 9 Augs.

it finally hit me today. When cycling through the TBM partisan HA’s type 5 Augs had dropped and I would place them in his gear. Suddenly today I get a message that he couldn’t bash because no shield was equipped. I checked. There was his shiny TBM bulwark. When I took a closer look, although it was equipped, the description was red. looking even closer, the Augs that dropped and I was equipping were level 100. He is only 99. I had 13 pieces of gear with level 100 type 5 augs that were being rendered useless. Went to the solvent merchant; pulled out the augs; his hp shot up to over 125k with my group’s cleric buffing.

I felt sooooooo stupid. I wish they would put in a mechanic such that those items would have been unequipped and put into inventory. For almost a week I was feeling super squishy. Now I know why. Live and learn.

Be well. Happy gaming.
Frustrated Gordon Ramsey GIF by BBC

oh i know that feeling, i were trading some kronos for some gear a few weeks ago, and the trade got closed but i could not see the kronos in the window where they normal go.
I went into Karen blaming daybreak, people around me... i even started writing a petiiton saying i had been hacked by this other person.
Then i see that the kronos went into my bag the first slow that were free.... i closed the petition and went in and hugged my wife. (god i felt dumb)

oh i know that feeling, i were trading some kronos for some gear a few weeks ago, and the trade got closed but i could not see the kronos in the window where they normal go.
I went into Karen blaming daybreak, people around me... i even started writing a petiiton saying i had been hacked by this other person.
Then i see that the kronos went into my bag the first slow that were free.... i closed the petition and went in and hugged my wife. (god i felt dumb)
Karen mode is strong sometimes with this game. Sometimes I wonder if it's the addiction talking. lol

I had back to back "i am so stupid" moments last night.

Working on a Battle Cleric build and wanted to run some tests of the summoned Hammer of Penance vs the ToL 2H. I was too lazy to tradeskill so searched the bazaar to buy the Faded Luclinite Ensanguined Great Censer, bought it, threw the ossified ore in then realize I had purchased the 1H...

So I shrug it off, play for a few hours and at the end of the night realize I have a few garnets so I make the thing. I google search Faded Luclinite Ensanguined Great Censer, click the first link, make the recipe and then realize I made the damn 1H instead of the 2h.... Not enough garnets left to try another attempt.

I would say don't get high and play EQ but I regret nothing...

I over shaved the left side of my mustache and tried to match the right side to it... Ended up with a mustache no one would wear. Shaved it clean to started over. You're the only one's who know why I shaved my mustache off.

yeah, I've done this before on toons that were FTP and put in augs that were prestiege and caused them not to get any stats from that piece of gear.
I agree it should just provide no benefit from the aug slot not make the entire piece of gear useless.

During CoV raids last year, we had raid ores going to rot towards the end of the year. I was able to snag one for my alt warrior. So I get him added to the raid for loot and get my ore. I decided I wanted to make the Warrior class specific 1hs weapon so look up the recipe for Faded Velium Endowed War Sword. I craft the container, drop the ore in, then I go to equip the weapon. It won't equip. Says I'm unable to use the item. Turns out that I made the knight weapon and not the Warrior weapon. For some fucked up reason, the "war sword" is a knight item and the "warrior's axe" is the one I really wanted.

Oof :) Maybe it's the Emu server I play on but sometimes when a character does "Loot all" on their corpse, it puts the mod rod in their main hand. So I had some bad dps for a while until I noticed most of my team had no primary weapon, just trying to smack stuff with their modrod.

During CoV raids last year, we had raid ores going to rot towards the end of the year. I was able to snag one for my alt warrior. So I get him added to the raid for loot and get my ore. I decided I wanted to make the Warrior class specific 1hs weapon so look up the recipe for Faded Velium Endowed War Sword. I craft the container, drop the ore in, then I go to equip the weapon. It won't equip. Says I'm unable to use the item. Turns out that I made the knight weapon and not the Warrior weapon. For some fucked up reason, the "war sword" is a knight item and the "warrior's axe" is the one I really wanted.
Broadsword actually.

Be well. Happy gaming.
Been there, don't that 😁

I can top that, lol.

One night, I got my group in a name spot. Got my Sk on the auto pull, like 5 min into it. I got like 10 mobs in my camp. I shout out loud, thanks for the train.
After I kill all those mobs, the Sk just sat there, and wouldn't pull, I was like what the hell?

Then it hit me, he was pulling the wrong rooms, because he was facing the wrong side, lol.

I can top that, lol.

One night, I got my group in a name spot. Got my Sk on the auto pull, like 5 min into it. I got like 10 mobs in my camp. I shout out loud, thanks for the train.
After I kill all those mobs, the Sk just sat there, and wouldn't pull, I was like what the hell?

Then it hit me, he was pulling the wrong rooms, because he was facing the wrong side, lol.

I feel for you. I try to avoid having to mess with the pull arc. If I try to play with camp location and killing zone radius such that I can just leave it at 360 degrees. I am getting lazy in my old ages.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Funny - I am so stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back