• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I am not able to run MacroQuest2.exe (1 Viewer)

mylohcleric

RedCents
Hello,

I am very confused. I been trying to do this for hours but so I was not able to acomplish anthing. I went to the "EQ1Strategies & Cheats" forum and downloaded the RedQuest v11.11. When I extracted everything I did not see the MacroQuest2.exe. So than I did a "computer search" for the file and I found it. When I tried to open MacroQuest2.exe it said that it would not be opened because the file MQ2Main.dll file was not found. So I tried to redownlod RedQuest v11.11 and start over again.... Again it did not work.

If anyone could help me it woudl be greatly appreciated. I just bought MQ and still very confused on how to use it. I have tried searching all over the forum for instructions, but still cant get it to run.

Thanks a lot

Suggestion...make a folder for your MQ. Where ever you may choose to put it, C:\mq2, whatever. Extract it into that folder and run the exe from there or make your shortcut from there.

I assure you that the .exe, MQ2Main.dll, and all needed files are in the zip put up for download.

Outside of that there really isn't much help aside from looking at the wiki or documentation directly off of the MQ2 website.

mylohcleric said:
Hello,

I am very confused. I been trying to do this for hours but so I was not able to acomplish anthing. I went to the "EQ1Strategies & Cheats" forum and downloaded the RedQuest v11.11. When I extracted everything I did not see the MacroQuest2.exe. So than I did a "computer search" for the file and I found it. When I tried to open MacroQuest2.exe it said that it would not be opened because the file MQ2Main.dll file was not found. So I tried to redownlod RedQuest v11.11 and start over again.... Again it did not work.

If anyone could help me it woudl be greatly appreciated. I just bought MQ and still very confused on how to use it. I have tried searching all over the forum for instructions, but still cant get it to run.

Thanks a lot

Well what I think is happening is you have downloaded the source. The source is uncompiled and the exe from it will not work. You have to download the compiled version from HERE.

Thanks! That worked. I can now run MacroQuest.exe. Now what do I do? I tried loggin in and type /plugin (EQ2*name*) load. However, it says there is no such cummand. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks

LOL I got to be doing something wrong. I have donw every step. I copied/Past the XML files to the EQUI file in the EQ directory and still nothing. My UI windows dont even change ingame. The MacroQuest.exe is running on the "task bar" but when i try the command /plugin (EQ2name) upload, it says that there is no such command.

Sorry to be such a pain but Im just trying to get this thing to work :(

Thanks

You shouldn't have to do anything with XML files in the equi folder just to get an initial setup of mq running.

Make sure you're doing things in this order:

1.) Start MQ2.
2.) Start EQ.

Doing it in that order, upon seeing character select, you should see at least one MQ window. Log into the char you want to play, then click in the cursor area for the new MQ window. Type /mapfilter help or /mapfilter options. This should show you that mq is working.

(/mapfilter is a command used to change options for the mq2map plugin, which is automatically loaded with the ini of the version of mq2 you're using. Therefore, it's not a plugin you need to type "/plugin *name*" to get running.)

If you have a specific plugin you're looking to use and can't get it started, let us know and we'll try to help. However, if you're just starting with mq2 and want to see what the plain version has to offer, try messing with the /mapfilter options and closing/opening your map after each change. That's a pretty neat plugin that can keep you busy for hours just changing the options and looking at how it effects your map, especially if you're in a place that has lots of unseen objects that you can see on the map, but not in your char's vision.

The mq2 commands are entered in a chat window much the same as any other game command. Here are a couple of examples how to load and unload plugins:

To load the plugin mq2rez, the command you type would be:

/plugin mq2rez

To unload the plugin mq2rez, type:

/plugin mq2rez unload

To load the plugin mq2xptracker type:

/plugin mq2xptracker

To remove the plugin mq2xptracker type:

/plugin mq2xptracker unload

Perhaps this will make it clearer to you exactly the commands used to add or remove plugins :).

Thanks for the reply.

Did them both in order and still nothing. Went to the character screen and did not see any new window. Than I logged in and tried the /mapfilter help and it said that there are no such command....

Lol maybe I just should give up.... :(

Also tried using the commands obove /plugin mq2rez and it still says that there are no such command....

Since we're posting useful commands, if I remember correctly,

"/unload" will completely unload MQ2 from your current EQ client. It mostly made me crash, but the reason I'm telling you is because I often made the mistake of typing "/unload plugin" to unload a plugin and it unloaded mq2. =(

If you get to char select and don't see those extra windows, there's no point in trying the commands. It won't work because mq2 won't be loaded. Those windows always show up if mq2 is loaded.

Do me a favor, with mq2 loaded(you said you saw it on your taskbar) right click the shield and get the ini. Copy/paste the ini contents here inside code tags, like this:

"code" ini stuff "/code"

Except replace the open/closing apostrophes "" with open/closing brackets []

did not even try the unload command yet... I cant even get the upload command to work. I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I downloaded MacroQuest2.exe from the link aboce that Blueice22 left me. Than i started the MacroQuest2.exe and nothing happened.... except the MQ2 icon appeared on the task bar at the buttom right corner of the screen. Than I downloaded the RedQuest v11.11 on the Strategies & Cheat forum.

Than I logged in EQ and nothing happened.

Rich (BB code):
[MacroQuest]
MacroPath=.\Macros
LogPath=.\Logs
DebugSpewToFile=0
FilterSkills=0
FilterTarget=0
FilterMoney=0
FilterFood=0
FilterMacro=0
FilterEncumber=0
FilterDebug=0
KeepKeys=1
FilterMQ=0
AllErrorsDumpStack=1
AllErrorsFatal=0
LaxColor=0
HUDMode=UnderUI

[Aliases]
/a=/anonymous
/b=/bazaar
/ba=/bazaar
/c=/consider
/cha=/channel
/d=/duel
/exp=/echo ${Me.PctExp}% experience...
/f=/feedback
/fa=/fastdrop
/g=/gsay
/gmlist=/who all gm
/gu=/guildsay
/hp=/echo Current Health: ${Me.CurrentHPs} -- Max Health: ${Me.MaxHPs}
/key=/keys
/load=/loadspells
/m=/msg
/mana=/echo Current Mana: ${Me.CurrentMana} -- Max Mana: ${Me.MaxMana}
/npc=/who npc
/slotid=/echo ${SelectedItem.InvSlot}
/t=/tell
/ta=/tap
/w=/who

[Substitutions]
omg=Oh My God

[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix

[Key Binds]
RANGED_Nrm=clear
RANGED_Alt=clear
MQ2CHAT_Nrm=.
MQ2CSCHAT_Nrm=/

[SWho Filter]
Holding=1

[Captions]
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Suffix},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

[Caption Colors]
PC=OFF
PC-Color=ff00ff
PCCon=OFF
PCPVPTeam=OFF
PCRaid=OFF
PCRaid-Color=ff7f
PCClass=OFF
PCGroup=OFF
PCGroup-Color=ffff00
PCTrader=ON
PCTrader-Color=ff7f00
NPC=OFF
NPC-Color=ff0000
NPCCon=ON
NPCClass=OFF
NPCMerchant=ON
NPCMerchant-Color=ff7f00
NPCBanker=ON
NPCBanker-Color=c800ff
NPCAssist=ON
NPCAssist-Color=ffff00
NPCMark=ON
NPCMark-Color=ffff00
PetNPC=OFF
PetNPC-Color=ff0000
PetPC=OFF
PetPC-Color=ffff00
PetClass=OFF
PetClass-Color=ff0000
Corpse=OFF
Corpse-Color=ff0000
CorpseClass=OFF
CorpseClass-Color=ff0000

Ok.

1.) Right-click the mq2 shield on taskbar, click close or whatever.

2.) Delete whatever mq2 files you have unzipped in your mq2 folder. In fact, delete the whole folder.

3.) Extract ONLY the RedQuest files to the mq2 directory of your choice. Don't use any other files, except the ones included in the single download from redguides.

4.) Go to the /release folder inside your mq2 folder and double-click the exe.

5.) Start EQ.

6.) Check at the character select screen to see if the extra windows pop up or not.

7.) Report back here with your results.

One question: What you mean by my /release folder? I deleted the whole folder and downloaded MQ2 from the link given to me by Blueice22. Extracted in the MQ2 diretory but dont see a release folder.

Alright....

Went to the site. Downloaded the RedQuest-v11.11.zip file. Than I extracted the files to c:\mq2\release. Than started MacroQuest.exe. Started EverQuest and nothing has changed.

Im sorry -- i really appreciate all your help. But I really do not know what Im doing wrong.

Alright....

Went to the site. Downloaded the RedQuest-v11.11.zip file. Than I extracted the files to c:\mq2\release. Than started MacroQuest.exe. Started EverQuest and nothing has changed.

Im sorry -- i really appreciate all your help. But I really do not know what Im doing wrong.

However, I read somewhere about something about the Auth code (MQ2Auth). What exactly am i suppose to do with them? I am so confused.

ALL I have done is just download the mq2 zip file. I have not done anything else. Am I suppose to do some changing in the file or anything?

Sorry im being a pain.

Thanks for the help..

I think you're criss-crossing some steps in there, else it should work fine.

Ok, do this and if you follow this to the letter and still have the same results, you've got bigger problems than I can help with:

1.) Delete all downloaded mq2 files.
2.) Delete all extracted mq2 files.(All folders you made for mq2)
3.) Restart your computer.
4.) Upon fresh restart, download the redquest file again.
5.) Extract the contents to c:\mq2\release
6.) Execute macroquest2.exe straight from the directory it's located in. Double-click it in the directory, without using shortcuts.
7.) Confirm that it is active in your tray.(You see the shield.)
8.) Start up Everquest. Log in.
9.) When the char select screen comes up, you should see the extra windows. They look just like normal text windows you would see in Everquest.
10.) Report results.

And don't worry about asking for help, you're not being a pain. Most of the people here were in your position at one time, whether it was with mq2 or some other software.

LOL - Well thank you for the help but no luck. I do not see any window at the character screen. I do have a customized UI screen but i do not think that matters. Dont know what else to try.... :(

I would suggest you try it without your UI loaded just to see if that's the problem.

The thing is, I installed EQ today and loaded mq2 just the way I described to you. If it doesn't work for you, you have some custom problem that isn't caused by the software available here.

I did see somewhere that certain custom UI's were causing a problem, can't remember where, nor can i find the thread now, but give it try with the new defualt UI and see that helps. Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and that wil fix the problem, lol.

That was a mispell. I am using MQ2name not EQ lol. I am running windows vista. I also did try the default UI and it still did not fix the problem. Dont know what else to do... I tried following step by step on the setup, but was not sucessful. If anyone knows a good way, please let me know.... All I have done is download macroquest from the redguides website. Than i put it into a directory. Than ran macroquest.exe --- nothing happens except the shield starts running on the task bar. Thn login to EQ and nothing.

To run in windows vista you have to have admin privileges. As such to start mq2, right click on it and run as administrator. You have to do the same for EQ. At that point everything should work for you :)

Wow that actually did work :) Thanks a lot!

Now going to try the new plugins...

I heard that there is one that ou get get AA exp by being AFK. Is that true?

Thanks again all for the help

I am not able to run MacroQuest2.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back