• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - i am back (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
Hiya all I am back to using this great software after a few year break(kinda got scared after the 3 big waves they did a few years back).

just downloaded last night and got it semi setup.

current am running bst(main and will be 100% controlling him) bard/cleric/sham/mage/sk.

I notice not as many ini for vv at 125 as there used to be back when I was playing before.

Is vv and ini still the way people are doing it or are there new ways. I notice something new call lul(or such).

any info would be nice and welcomed.

Hiya all I am back to using this great software after a few year break(kinda got scared after the 3 big waves they did a few years back).

current am running bst(main and will be 100% controlling him) bard/cleric/sham/mage/sk.

I notice not as many ini for vv at 125 as there used to be back when I was playing before.

Is vv and ini still the way people are doing it or are there new ways. I notice something new call lul(or such).

welcome back strongbus!

hi Strongbus, wb to RG ! While you may see some new things like the new Autologin, you will find things should run smoother and new interfaces. Lots new Lua resources as members build stuff, very cool. KissAssist is still here and works great with the ini. RGMercs just got a major overhaul, you might want to try it out. MQ2 Plugins for classes have added a few more classes and still going strong to finish the few remaining. New luas that do some level of automation as well. Hope you enjoy playing again.

Welcome back. I think you are referring to LUAs RGMERCS Lua version is one way to do it. The Kissassist community is still very strong. And the new CTWN plugins which are $20 per class for a full Year license is my favorite way to play.

WB!!!

Some automation links below in case you have not seen them. The 125 ini's for KA seem to coming in as folks update them. Should be fairly simple to take a 120 and update the spells/discs/etc to the 125 versions

Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RGMercs Lua Version

Then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

thanks for the welcome back. question. atm i can swap between toons to see their dps outputs. Is there a plugin or way I can have all that info sent to one char screen, such as i play my bst can i get it so after each fight I get a message saying what each toon did for dps on the fight or at lest a total dps for the whole group on a fight?

Welcome back; although I'm still not back to using the software after getting all of my toons banned about a year ago (I was thankful to get them back after a LOOOOOOOOONG back and forth promising never to use the software again, ha ha).
Even without MQ2 up and loaded, I still find a ton of useful stuff here, so I keep the subscription running!

Welcome back. :)

I still find a ton of useful stuff here, so I keep the subscription running
This right here is actually huge. The software is a great great thing, but the forums/discord and helpfulness of the community is huge part of being a happy member here. Look and consider other forums, including the EQ official. So many just love to argue instead of getting/making solutions.

having some issues. I have tried both the 125 mages ini. both are doing the same thing. I pull in a mob mage send in pet to assist sk, cast 1 or 2 dd then nothing the rest of the fight.

having some issues. I have tried both the 125 mages ini. both are doing the same thing. I pull in a mob mage send in pet to assist sk, cast 1 or 2 dd then nothing the rest of the fight.
First part:

DPSadv is a MQ tool that will output your groups DPS. It has recently been updated, the older versions kinda sucked, new one I havent had a chance to play with. Can also use Kaufmanns EQlogparse, it is not MQ based, but it is pretty darn accurate, and maintained as a general EQ tool.

Second part:

You say ini, so I am ssuming Kiss or Mule? though I hate guessing.. If you post said ini, we would be glad to take a look at it though. You said a few year break.. hopefully you went with a totally clean MQ install. all the upgrades past 3-ish years, can cause odd things when dropped in a old folder. Best to just start over imo.

First part:

DPSadv is a MQ tool that will output your groups DPS. It has recently been updated, the older versions kinda sucked, new one I havent had a chance to play with. Can also use Kaufmanns EQlogparse, it is not MQ based, but it is pretty darn accurate, and maintained as a general EQ tool.

Second part:

You say ini, so I am ssuming Kiss or Mule? though I hate guessing.. If you post said ini, we would be glad to take a look at it though. You said a few year break.. hopefully you went with a totally clean MQ install. all the upgrades past 3-ish years, can cause odd things when dropped in a old folder. Best to just start over imo.
yes did a clean install and its a kiss ini. just tryed the 2 for mages at 125 and both do the same thing cast assist the tank, send in pet cast 1 or 2 damage spells and nothing rest of fight. It will self/pet/group buff fine

Mind posting the ini? Use code block feature so not wall o text pls!

its both the 125 kissassist mage ini that can be done.

its both the 125 kissassist mage ini that can be done.
At the moment i am using the 2nd one and just had a named. mage burned and casted full spells on him but on trash went right back to just sending in pet and casting 2 spells and then nothing.

Check Plugin Loading: Ensure that the required plugins are loaded. It looks like there's an attempt to use MQ2Melee and MQ2Cast plugins. Make sure these plugins are loaded correctly.

Update Plugins: Make sure your plugins are up to date. Check for any updates or newer versions of the plugins you are using

This right here is actually huge. The software is a great great thing, but the forums/discord and helpfulness of the community is huge part of being a happy member here. Look and consider other forums, including the EQ official. So many just love to argue instead of getting/making solutions.
That's exactly right. It's the community that keeps me here, even if not using the software. 😜

Check Plugin Loading: Ensure that the required plugins are loaded. It looks like there's an attempt to use MQ2Melee and MQ2Cast plugins. Make sure these plugins are loaded correctly.

Update Plugins: Make sure your plugins are up to date. Check for any updates or newer versions of the plugins you are using
I ran the plugin updater and it said everything ok.

what funny is it not casting my spears. It cast swarm pets the of many line and chaotic line once each.

ok just noticed something and did some testing. If I tell the mage to not use main pet then mage nukes with all spells but if the main pet is on the mob then the mage is not casting for most of the mob.

Look here make sure your Mq2 cast and Mq2 melee are loaded
But I am just not sure if your spells are correct in the ini
I don’t have a lot to go on here.

That ini has a whole lot conditions in it
I’m betting someone else can chime in on what the problem is ?
[KConditions]
On the second ini above anyone else figure out what his issue is?

ok just noticed something and did some testing. If I tell the mage to not use main pet then mage nukes with all spells but if the main pet is on the mob then the mage is not casting for most of the mob.

Assuming you're using this one - https://www.redguides.com/community...n-w-conditions-shoescrews-updated-kinda.2991/

Let's start with something basic since you're describing issues with your dps. Looking at the DPS section in the ini below, do you have and want to use every spell/item listed? If not, I would recommend removing/commenting out (use ";" in front of the line to comment out) that line item, make sure the entries are in sequential order, and then change the DPSSize=CORRECT number. That may help clear up some of your issues.

This link will help - https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist

INI:
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=34
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|99|Weave|Cond4
DPS2=command:/multiline ; /pet kill; /pet swarm|99|Cond8
DPS3=Spire of Elements|99|Cond20
DPS4=Servant of Ro|99|Cond20
DPS5=Silent Casting|99|Cond20
DPS6=Focus of Arcanum|99|Cond20
DPS7=Host of the Elements|99|Cond20
DPS8=Companion's Fury|99|Cond20
DPS9=Heart of Froststone|99|Cond20
DPS10=Improved Twincast|99|Cond1
DPS11=Twincast|99|Cond2
DPS12=Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye|99|Cond1
DPS13=Ravening Servant|99
DPS14=Fusillade of Many|99|Cond15
DPS15=Chaotic Magma|99
DPS16=Spear of Molten Dacite|99
DPS17=Spear of Molten Luclinite|99
DPS18=Chaotic Magma|99|Cond4
DPS19=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|99|Weave|Cond4
DPS20=Molten Komatiite Orb|99|Weave
DPS21=Summoned: Voidfrost Paradox II|99|Cond4
DPS22=command:/useitem Summoned: Exigent Servant|99|Weave|Cond11
DPS23=command:/useitem Summoned: Exigent Minion|99|Weave|Cond11
DPS24=Glyphwielder's Tunic of the Summoner|99|Weave|Cond14
DPS25=Sorcerer's Blade|99|Cond19
DPS26=Gather Zeal|99|Cond18
DPS27=Summoned:Modulation Shard VIII|99|Cond10
DPS28=command:/useitem Rod of Courageous Modulation|99|Cond10
DPS29=Elemental Conversion|99|Cond10
DPS30=Force of Elements|99|Cond4
DPS31=Summon Molten Komatiite Orb|99|Cond12
DPS32=Grant Voidfrost Paradox|99|Me|Cond13
DPS33=command:/autoinv|99|Cond9
DPS34=Recruitment of Water|99|Cond21

As Littch recommends, the KConditions may also be an issue if it's not behaving as you would like. You would need to look at the condition listed in each DPS entry and then find that line item in the KConditions to see what it's doing.

For example., the spells below will not be used unless the burn condition in cond20 is met

INI:

Assuming you're using this one - https://www.redguides.com/community...n-w-conditions-shoescrews-updated-kinda.2991/

Let's start with something basic since you're describing issues with your dps. Looking at the DPS section in the ini below, do you have and want to use every spell/item listed? If not, I would recommend removing/commenting out (use ";" in front of the line to comment out) that line item, make sure the entries are in sequential order, and then change the DPSSize=CORRECT number. That may help clear up some of your issues.

This link will help - https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist

INI:
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=34
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|99|Weave|Cond4
DPS2=command:/multiline ; /pet kill; /pet swarm|99|Cond8
DPS10=Improved Twincast|99|Cond1
DPS11=Twincast|99|Cond2
DPS12=Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye|99|Cond1
DPS13=Ravening Servant|99
DPS14=Fusillade of Many|99|Cond15
DPS15=Chaotic Magma|99
DPS16=Spear of Molten Dacite|99
DPS17=Spear of Molten Luclinite|99
DPS18=Chaotic Magma|99|Cond4
DPS19=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|99|Weave|Cond4
DPS20=Molten Komatiite Orb|99|Weave
DPS21=Summoned: Voidfrost Paradox II|99|Cond4
DPS22=command:/useitem Summoned: Exigent Servant|99|Weave|Cond11
DPS23=command:/useitem Summoned: Exigent Minion|99|Weave|Cond11
DPS24=Glyphwielder's Tunic of the Summoner|99|Weave|Cond14
DPS25=Sorcerer's Blade|99|Cond19
DPS26=Gather Zeal|99|Cond18
DPS27=Summoned:Modulation Shard VIII|99|Cond10
DPS28=command:/useitem Rod of Courageous Modulation|99|Cond10
DPS29=Elemental Conversion|99|Cond10
DPS30=Force of Elements|99|Cond4
DPS31=Summon Molten Komatiite Orb|99|Cond12
DPS32=Grant Voidfrost Paradox|99|Me|Cond13
DPS33=command:/autoinv|99|Cond9
DPS34=Recruitment of Water|99|Cond21

As Littch recommends, the KConditions may also be an issue if it's not behaving as you would like. You would need to look at the condition listed in each DPS entry and then find that line item in the KConditions to see what it's doing.

For example., the spells below will not be used unless the burn condition in cond20 is met

INI:
don't know much bout cond but i just switch to the other 125 mage ini. same thing. if my mages pet is attacking the mob the mage will cast 2 damage spells and then nothing else the whole fight. If I tell the mage to not use the pet then mage cast all fight long. I have check to make sure all plugin are going(cast/melee) and up todate

there are a few possibilities that could affect the mage's behavior:

1. Cond5: !${Me.Pet.Buff[Torrent of Anguish Recourse]} - This condition checks if the mage's pet has a specific buff called "Torrent of Anguish Recourse." If this buff is present on the pet, it might affect the mage's behavior, depending on other conditions.
  2. Cond14: !${Pet.Buff[Frenzied Burnout]} - Similar to Cond5, this condition checks if the mage's pet has a buff called "Frenzied Burnout." If this buff is present, it might influence the mage's actions.
  3. Cond21: !${Pet.ID} - This condition checks if the mage has a pet summoned. If the main pet is not summoned, it could trigger certain actions or spells for the mage.

Like Psy said above look at the spell line up
For the ini make sure you have the spells listed. Kissassist ini’s are not plug and play because your toon may not have everything the person who wrote the ini has.
So start with the spell line up and then look at the conditions I listed.

there are a few possibilities that could affect the mage's behavior:

1. Cond5: !${Me.Pet.Buff[Torrent of Anguish Recourse]} - This condition checks if the mage's pet has a specific buff called "Torrent of Anguish Recourse." If this buff is present on the pet, it might affect the mage's behavior, depending on other conditions.
  2. Cond14: !${Pet.Buff[Frenzied Burnout]} - Similar to Cond5, this condition checks if the mage's pet has a buff called "Frenzied Burnout." If this buff is present, it might influence the mage's actions.
  3. Cond21: !${Pet.ID} - This condition checks if the mage has a pet summoned. If the main pet is not summoned, it could trigger certain actions or spells for the mage.

Like Psy said above look at the spell line up
For the ini make sure you have the spells listed. Kissassist ini’s are not plug and play because your toon may not have everything the person who wrote the ini has.
So start with the spell line up and then look at the conditions I listed.
Heading out the door from work, but torrent of Anguish (SK spell) over rights one of the haste spells and needs to be blocked on pets, if you dont want it looping to recast, cause the SK's 2 tick buff over-wrote it. I will dig up more info when i get home.

thanks for the info all. I take a look. one other thing I switch to the other 125 mage ini and get the same thing hapens. maybe I play with some conditions with pet and see what happens. one way or another it get worked out.

glad to hear you got it straightened out. Like i said the thing about Kissassist, it cant tell what spells you have, gear your toon has, AAs you have etc. Thus you have to fill out the ini file according to your character. Conditions are tricky as well, so you really need to look at them carefully if they are included in a ini you get from somewhere .Just make a copy of the original ini and take stuff out and see if it works if in doubt.

First part:

I have tried the dpsadv you suggested. its nice. any idea if it can be made to report the stuff into the main mq window?

Welcome back; although I'm still not back to using the software after getting all of my toons banned about a year ago (I was thankful to get them back after a LOOOOOOOOONG back and forth promising never to use the software again, ha ha).
Even without MQ2 up and loaded, I still find a ton of useful stuff here, so I keep the subscription running!
Hi, How did you manage get banned toons back , I would love get my old main back i presumed they just deleted them?

IRL - i am back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back