• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - How old ere you when you got into EQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
Well, today I have turned 21... Hard to believe I may be the youngest person on this platform. Started playing EQ when I was 8 on my dad's lap. How old were you when you started playing the game?

Started with the initial release of EQ in 99, I was in the Marines and 25 years old. 56k modem connected at 28.8 usually in the barracks. I then moved off base a few months later and was 1 hop off the OC48 backbone in San Diego. BLAZINGLY fast.

My friends and I started at the tail end of Velious so around 15. I remember going with my buddy when Luclin launched to buy more RAM so he could turn on the new mage pets 😂

24, started in 1999 as well. Was good times with old friends and corpse chasing on every death in lower guk

I was 15ish when I started and Kunark had only been out for a few months. I remember going on a botched Vox raid that ended up being like 8+ hours after a few wipes and my little brother was so pissed because he was trying to go to sleep and my monitor was lighting up the entire room. Ahh good times.

I'd just moved to the other side of the world and started a job working night shift.
Everquest was suggested by friends back home and in Australia as a way to keep in touch.
I was 32. Velious was the current expansion.

I was 20 when I started in 2001... Became instantly addicted and my g/f of a few months became kind of enraged/jealous of all the time I spent on it (I dont blame her.) Asked me to choose EQ or her so thank you eq for saving me from that big mistake!

38 back in 2000 when i started playing. Never played anything like it b4, cant believe i still play it now, all be on emu only thou, cloth kunark map still hanging proud in its frame.

28 i think? Friend showed me the game and allowed me to create a character on his account. Played it everytime I had the opportunity. Of course he phoned me and told me to log off everytime he wanted to play. Bought my own game and..... here we are...... 22 years later

Started when I was 19. Once I got my first apartment I got a computer to play UO with some friends. Saw the Kunark box at Wally world one day, and I've haven't been able to kick the EQ addiction yet...

i were around 17 years old when i started back in 1999/2000, friends made me try it claiming i could always stop...
oh boy were they wrong.. not only did i not goto school for the first month, my grades went down abit untill my dad "showed" me how the internet could stop working if grades werent kept.

its been an amazing time, meeting a bunch of wonderful peopel.. and a few asshats aswell. But 99% of the time has been fun, interesting and full of wonderful drama to keep anyone on their toes ;)

26 yr old in 1999. I've taken a couple of breaks for 5+ years and come back. This game is truly amazing in the sense that it remains when so much else has changed. Anyone else occasionally make a lap around Crushbone just because you can?

O
Well, today I have turned 21... Hard to believe I may be the youngest person on this platform. Started playing EQ when I was 8 on my dad's lap. How old were you when you started playing the game?
First- Happy Birthday!

Oh goodness. The time flies I must of been 28ish. Started when Kunark came out. Knocking on the back door of 51 now and feeling every day of it.

BB

Edit- Now go get out in the world and spend the day with friends, family, loved ones. Not of the pixelated variety!
Do something dumb n' fun (but not dangerous).
Go make what next week will be a fuzzy half memory!

Last edited:
Started with the initial release of EQ in 99, I was in the Marines and 25 years old. 56k modem connected at 28.8 usually in the barracks. I then moved off base a few months later and was 1 hop off the OC48 backbone in San Diego. BLAZINGLY fast.
Pretty much the same here, started playing the beta in 99 at 24 in the Marines when I worked at a computer store in my free time making custom gaming builds for my friends. Hearing that modem handshake before playing and hoped nobody from work paged me or I would have to log off to call them back.

IRL - How old ere you when you got into EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back