• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How often do you guys delete your log file? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,368¢
Forgot about it and let mine get to over a gig... How often do you remember to delete yours?

Side note: Is there a way to automate clearing the log every couple of weeks or so?

just write a simple batch file to start up your EQ sessions, and also have it delete the logs at the same time.

start /d "F:\Games\Everquest" eqgame.exe patchme
timeout 1
timeout 1
del F:\Games\Everquest\Logs\eqlog_*.txt

Pretty simple to put that into a batch file and away you go. I use the timeouts because if I just start all 6 instances at once, they won't login the last 2 or 3 of them quite often, but the timeouts fixed that.

just write a simple batch file to start up your EQ sessions, and also have it delete the logs at the same time.

timeout 1
timeout 1
del F:\Games\Everquest\Logs\eqlog_*.txt

Pretty simple to put that into a batch file and away you go. I use the timeouts because if I just start all 6 instances at once, they won't login the last 2 or 3 of them quite often, but the timeouts fixed that.
How do you add this in to the autologin script of MQ? Is that possible?

Question - How often do you guys delete your log file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back