• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How much SoE cares about hackers (1 Viewer)

it may be possible they logged you transfering notrade items.. but them all my accounts would be banned...

I meant if you left a notrade in the shared slot.. After the previous patch .. and the warnings to remove notrade items.. I could see them banning people that left notrade items in the shared bank slot

QUESTION: the piggyzone thingy .. i have yet to use it... i had a working rwarp .. and i don't mind zoning one zone at a time..

my question is.. piggyzone can be used like the old rwarp.. one zone at a time right? the only difference is that you have the ability to chain zone...

am i correct or do i need more coffee.. and a beer?

yes, last night i saw two of the same person, one was a real pc and the other was a spook from piggy zoning and not long after there was a guide in the zone. The pc that had the spook was a chanter. i dont think the chanter was aware of a double with him in the same zone.

armysoldier said:
it may be possible they logged you transfering notrade items.. but them all my accounts would be banned...

I meant if you left a notrade in the shared slot.. After the previous patch .. and the warnings to remove notrade items.. I could see them banning people that left notrade items in the shared bank slot
no no dropt items in shared bank slot

why would a person leave a nodrop item in the shared bank? i thought the purpose was to transfer not just sit there. One of the first things i was told when using this program is to be sensible as a prioity. lol

yeah but it happens.. last patch a bunch of folks could not log in characters due to nodrop sitting in shared slots....

NOW if you used the shared docrack.. you put item in.. log out.. log in other toon.. you will get a message warning you to get the item out.

your right that is the purpose.. but we all get distracted.. and such

I am at work and was wondering if my account is banned. Is there a way to check if it is? I tried to log on at Everquest.com and got in no problem and didn't se any messages on my account that is was currently suspended or banned. Is there a any way to check? I Wont get home really late tonight and to be honest I am thinkng about going home early to check.

I try to watch GM movements, and they have been spending a lot time in BB lately. Are anyone of you doing MM? Warped in a MM?

I went home to check mine Morlock. I was so worried but my accounts are fine. I didn't and have never used /gate. But I did you warp last night but only about 4 times.

I should add I /gate /zone and /warp all the time, and not banned....yet.
It could be a number of triggers they are looking for now. In that, X toon has high warps, but that can be a false positive then the look at several other factors and the odds of having high flags in these as well....you get the idea.

Just and idea.

/rant on
I work for a large Corporation and we closely listen to our customers. If 1/5 of Sony's clients are wanting to use MQ2 why not let them. Create a new server and let everyone that wants to play EQ with MQ2 do it. They have roleplaying, PvP, and diety based servers. Why not make one for people to use MQ2 on. We do it. We want to do it. Why not take advantage of that and let us do it legit. Playing with MQ2/hacks is like prohibition in the 1920's. Everyone is doping it so why not legalize it. That would be the smart business solution instead of cutting out tens of thousands of dollars a month in revenues. Keep the customers happy and their money in your pocket.

/rant off

Just checked my account. All subscriptions still active not banned but wil it also say if suspended?

morlock said:
Just and idea.
Create a new server and let everyone that wants to play EQ with MQ2 do it.

Funny that you mention it, this was actually suggested by SOE at a FanFaire/Summit a year or two ago.

As far as people getting banned for using the Shared Bank shit, I'd hate to say it- but you deserve it. They have been banning people for using this since it's been discovered.

I think in the case of suspended it *might* not say. I have never been suspended before.

Reason i think it doesn't say is because a suspended account is just for a certain time frame thus doesn't effect billing. A banned account is automatically turning off all billing for that account.

If your suspended shouldn't worry too much about it anyways, most suspension is like 1-2 weeks tops, and you get your char back.

If you see your char as still active and still being billed, should be happy :)

Neighbor confirmed my accounts we up and still good to goas of 5 minutes ago. I use gate and warp and zone and chaine zone like a mofo. I run the autotask with warp. I have although NEVER USED SHARED crack ever. I know I know I'm asking for it but honestly F##K Sony! Although I I have spent almost a year played time on my toon and thousands of dollars in expansions and fees. I deserve the right imho.

I would bet in an expan SoE would make nodrop xfer'd via shared. It really helps increase replayability, and with much of the no drop having req lvls now it really not that big of a deal. I think as the playerbase shrinks you start to see more MQ2 features implemented.

I also would not put it past them to allow xfer's of nodrops to other toons for a fee. Believe me if they can make a buck doing it they will.

Im not to sure its do to shared crack.. I have xfered several things in the past few days and I just logged in on my toons. I do
not let anything set in shared thats no-drop how-ever.

If you get banned, post your logfile so we can see why. Chances are high that your macro had a failed conversation with a GM.

What version of MQ2 are you running if you were banned?

Cosmics?

Cades?

Your own compile?

I'm wondering if someone may have included something in their compile?

Just a thought.

I they they simply introduced some code to montior a few different things to start profiling what we do. From the server's sight, warping occurrs often (even to those that don't warp - because of latency issues), but when the warps start forming a pattern of some sort, that will raise the flag that gets you banned.

Also, I don't believe that they are using this new code on every single player. I believe that they picked certain groups at random and some based on petitions and such to monitor just them. This is why some are banned for using docrack or piggyzone and others are not.

Lastly, I would think that if they had a way to tell for certain that you are using MQ2 and wanted people to stop, they would make an example out of a few people, to show that they can and do see what we do, then hope that reduces or eliminates some of their MQ2 concerns without elminating too much of their income.

At this point I have warped a few times, even /zoned and /gated a couple times since the patch. I have used the shared bank crack once on 2 of those acconts a couple weeks ago. I do not think I have been banned yet for it, but from here on, I am going to refrain from using any active hack/plugin until we know exactly what is going on here.

If I have to stop using MQ2 macros and maps and such... I won't have to worry about getting banned, because I will quit playing EQ. It's that simple.

lmao, i must /zone over a couple hundred times a day, and i /warp maybe over a thousand times a day, since i run the afk taskmaster macro i mod'ed. All my accnts are not banned, i ahve not done /gate since patch, but i have done /fade wihtout a problem...also DO NOT TRY THE SHARED DOCRACK, 3 in my guild were banned cause they transferred DoDh items to alts, when asked, the gms said they had xferred no drops, its a pitty, i'll miss their toons, they had at least 3 70's each with 600+ aa's, brought down by a broken taillight (no drop shared docrack) :(

I honestly think it's coming from shared bank.

or, like someone said earlier, from them monitoring repeat offenders.

Well... I've used shared bank, just not since the patch... Since the patch, I've warped and gated and zoned.... Pretty much the worst of my offenses (after the patch).

It could be they just haven't gotten that far back on their logs or there are no logs, or they only plan to get the recent ones... hard to say... but At the moment I am feeling safe.

Just because you are paranoid, does not mean that Sony is not out to get you!

It seems to me from reading all the posts and stuff that from Yesterday, maybe the day before, to today is what SOE is watching. So like if you have had warnings, been suspended, reported, etc... your SOL. It could also be from using shared recently for really good stuff like qvic armor on a lvl 30. What I mostly think it is is a combination of multiple warps, nodrop trades, and petitions and most likely there are just picking people at random and if you show up with stuff like 10,000 warps and traded nodrop stuff they just hit you with the ban stick. Either this is Sony making an example out of people so most will stop using MQ2 or they are actually cracking down on us for real (which is prolly not likely). If they don't return many peoples accounts that got banned (those that have like 7 different accounts and such) Sony will lose a great deal of money because most would rather not play at all than play w/o MQ2 imo. Seems I have posted more than I intended hehe well just my 2 cents.

I think we all are under the feelings that:

A) EQ isn't worth playing without MQ2

and

B) if they ban us, fuck em. And pretty much, that will be the end of EQ.
If they are drawing there line in the sand, they are fully aware of the ramifications this is going to cause, and ....are prepared to let EQ slip into that peaceful deep sleep.

DDO is coming out soon anyways. LMAO

I think they realize how many are going to get band and they will just up the cost for the rest of the players. Just like a big corp to do such a thing.

Well between my brother and I, we got 6 of 8 accounts banned. Of the 6 accounts, I believe the reason we got banned was we transferred DoD items via Shared Bank slot by /docrack shared (Specifically the Necklace and Sword from Fairy Mission in Nektulos and this was done probably 2 weeks ago)

Here is how this is going to hurt Sony. My brother and I recently decided to pay for 24month subscription for $199 Per account. If Sony does not resolve the Ban, we will call our credit cards and dispute the charges. Sony will get Fucked for $1200.

Pure and Simple. If they don't want our money, we'll take it back and play something else.

update

Account still banned

Dont have DOD So nothing to do with that expansion. Not use shared in a long time So nothing there only thing i use is RH,mac to save on finger mashing and the odd warp /gate .AB server Now from talking to peeps on this server there where over 150 bans last night alone that am was awhere of , some have been given there account back was somthing to do with ip address`s issues but as i have not spoken to soe as yet so not sure whats happening . Now on the the day before ban i only had mq2 running but found no group and was pl from a friend doing my alt ,lvl 49 . pl by lvl 70 SO guess when ever this took place to ban so many in one go was nothing to do with running mq2 more on the lines of info from our hd on place we been ie mq2 site. i know this is poss as i read about it some time back Just my thoughts but i will keep u updated wheres the log file kept?

If they are searching your harddrive, you my friend, have a federal case.

Regardless if they snuck it into the EULA, this behaviour is EXTREMELY illegal. That is why WoW is having issues right now. What they are doing is WICKED illegal.

Please people, stand up and fight this shit. Call them, email them, use Live support chat, get your accounts BACK! Threaten them with lawsuits.

Problem is....no ones is posting their servers they were on when banned.

I'm going to venture a guess, most of you are all on speciality servers....like roleplay, or legends.

This is of course, where they are going to hit. They are the servers where everyone would bitch and complain. Plus, fewer people so smaller logs to comb through catching potential users.

They have no proof unless your using active hacks that you use MQ2. If you use MQ2 for what the MQ2 devs created it for, you got nothing to worry about. There hasn't been ONE banning posted in the MQ2 forums.

Go figure.

Active hacks will get you banned. Use it for macroing, and you'll be fine.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to modify items in the EverQuest Client. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to permanently close your account. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_EULA.jsp

BY PRESSING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE AMENDMENT TO THE USER AGREEMENT AND SOFTWARE LICENSE BELOW. BY PRESSING THE "DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR RETAILER REGARDING ITS RETURN POLICY FOR THE EVERQUEST CD-ROM. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at [email protected] mailto:[email protected].

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

We always regret taking any disciplinary action against our customers, so we ask that you please review the above as well as the rest of our policies, which are located at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures regarding the use of third party programs, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com

let me know were log files are and if i had them on i will post them

Antonius bayle(kane server if you missed it

And for some one like me find how they found out and proving it is another thing . I have asked them to prove i was using 3rd party software still waitting on a reply

How much SoE cares about hackers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back