• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How much SoE cares about hackers (1 Viewer)

TeachersPet

RedCents
51¢
Olihin is probably the most active GM on Zek and this is his response when people complained about hackers.

eiowhx.jpg

Gah! Olihin was the number #1 enemey of our guild on Tarew Marr. I wish I could find the screenshot of him ordering us to leave CoD so another guild could come in and do Bert. Also when he would respawn Ssra daily so other guilds could possibly get an attempt on Emp so we couldn't cockblock them out of VT anylonger.

1 account banned this morning,and my "good" one i might say..
no warning,not caught with hand in jar..outta of the blue.
Anyone might have a clue on how and if possible to get acc unbanned?

slstafford00 said:
1 account banned this morning,and my "good" one i might say..
no warning,not caught with hand in jar..outta of the blue.
Anyone might have a clue on how and if possible to get acc unbanned?

What did you do? the day before.

Warp,macro ect

slstafford00 said:
Some warps maybe and /gates

Yeah he had to have done much more than that. I.E interfering with other peoples gameplay.

You don't get banned for warping in a zone a couple times, or gating.

(HINT ALWAYS keep gate potions on NON-gating classes)

Idiots...

The Gate we have is definitely more detectable than the old one. Not to mention, there was some change made in the code to the ZoneTransfer area. I say this only because the comment to it was modified, but I can be a worry wort at times.

No i did not inerfere with anyone or did anything stupid,least not for more than 8 months.
Only stuff i use daily is some warps,gatesand dockracks,have moved some gear to the past and thats it..i didnt draw attention on me in any way...ever.

Is there no way to find out the reasoning behind your banning? Or, do they just use the "We detected third party software." approach?

They usually give some reasoning behind it. BTW, don't ever impersonate a GM. One of my buddies is being assfucked (suspended on EVERY account he's accessed in the last month) because he did it.

Just to add to this

My account just got banned today 13.10 .05 saaame as above no reason given. and i was not even running any macros or docrack last night :(. only think i use is RH.mac, warp, gate and i even have the gate neck item just the essenece cost alot but i do have them. sent email today to try find out why ? will keep updated :eek:

Uhmmm

What are you guys doing to get banned? You GOTTTAAA be doing something.

Or, you guys are simply trolls.

One of my accounts got banned today , and i had ony use /gate a couple of times

Please be careful , im shitting it though as its my high level account :(

im serious , had both my accounts playing last night with MQ running. Couple of zones i grouped them both in i gated caster account out and /gate with my main hybrid account. This morning i cant log on Hybrid

I hope it something with the gate then. Cause I have never used the gate and would hate to come home today and find my accounts banned. Hope yall really did something to make them ban you.

How do you find out you were banned? Do you get an e-mail fro Sony or is there a pop up message when you try to log in?

Yea this is true... I dont think its gate because I used gate to test if it worked on mq last night and I am not banned yet.... But I just found out about 4 of my friends atm are banned and its really annoying me because apparently im not going back to eq unless they somehow just got suspended they are all waiting for emails back from sony.

you get a pop up when you try to log in saying "This account has been banned , Please contact customer services"

denzzik said:
I hope it something with the gate then. Cause I have never used the gate and would hate to come home today and find my accounts banned. Hope yall really did something to make them ban you.

Ditto.

So the common thing between all those banned is using /gate since yesterdays patch.

Interesting.

think its the shared
one of my toons are banned and with this one i do shared last week
i hope i got it unbanned or i leave it

Its not because of using shared, ive used shared several times among with a few friends who also use shared. its doing the multiple zoning within a matter of seconds piggyzoning that will get you caught. Its not in zone warping neither.

no i tranfered some no trade/no drop items from one toon to the other.
with the acc i dont use many macs or gate zone or whatever so its the only possible that it is shared.
i do more gate zone warp with the other accounts and there is no problem.

possible that SOE has log the no trade items or the shared slot.

how is it possible to ban you if you have one gate potion tho you /gate? i think you've been petitioned after doing it in plain sight, actually.

deeany said:
Its not because of using shared, ive used shared several times among with a few friends who also use shared. its doing the multiple zoning within a matter of seconds piggyzoning that will get you caught. Its not in zone warping neither.

all other of my accounts arent banned and i have use it, gate and warp.
the banned account hasnt warp zone many times, only the shared is the different between my accounts.

only way to be banned from shared is if you've tried to sell an attunable after trying to transfer it. ive actually seen someone try and do that and got several people in the chat channel saying they were going to petition.

I've used warp an gate a few times since patch (warp maybe 5ish times a day) gated maybe 4 times. Personaly i think it's the chainzone shit that they dont like.

since the patch ive used from level 57-64 (warrior) in dod missions... all that time ive been in zone warping to pull mobs. ive used /gate a few dozen times ive used shared 3 times. no problems here.

Same here. I use /gate and /warp on a normal basis. I haven't ever used Chainzone. I wrote down the zone in locs for most the zones i use and warp there. Even if your seen ppl think you just zoned in.

How much SoE cares about hackers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back