• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - How much do you get to play? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,120¢
As a parent to small children i hardly get any playtime at all. This morning i checked my uptime on my crew that i have standing around in guild hall. 12 days, active playtime during those 12 days? About 2 hours... i took all my 12 characters that have been running overseer.mac and bought augs from the vendor. Thats it.

How much do you other parents get to sit by the computer?

As a parent of a 4 year old and my neverending appetite for certifications...only game time I get is if I sacrifice sleep. I have to plan out my play beforehand. I will let my sub lapse very commonly. Speaking of which, need to log in and claim a few.

My kid was never a good sleeper though first few years. I have a buddy with a kid that sleeps like a log 8PM-8AM nightly. He can play 2-3hrs no problem. Lucky bastard.

As a parent of a 4 year old and my neverending appetite for certifications...only game time I get is if I sacrifice sleep. I have to plan out my play beforehand. I will let my sub lapse very commonly. Speaking of which, need to log in and claim a few.

My kid was never a good sleeper though first few years. I have a buddy with a kid that sleeps like a log 8PM-8AM nightly. He can play 2-3hrs no problem. Lucky bastard.
I envy your friend 😉

Since MQ2 and covid, I have been getting to play a lot more. With the current situation, I've been working from home so I get set up and get my camp going right before i log in for work, then I am working/taking meetings right next to it. I keep a close eye on it and intervene when needed. This allows me to play a lot more than I usually would.

I've gotten to really tinker with KA12 and I am happy to report that I have a full group doing pretty well on nothing but KA12. I've never gotten it to work this well before.

I would say I don't get to play enough! But in all reality a couple hours every other night. MacroQuest really allows me to get on and feel like I can accomplish something in a short amount of time.

I don’t get to play as much as I’d like (also have a young child, although she’s a solid 6pm to 6am sleeper). My wife HATES EQ and also hates when I’m in school or studying for certs, so I have to tread carefully, lest she get so pissed that she punishes me for raiding. Thankfully, my guild doesn’t raid 4 days a week or anything crazy like that.

I play a lot, but only during the day. The kids 10 and 15 are remote school and pretty self sufficient besides me making lunch when they are busy. My wife works from a home office which is where I am also set up.

I would say 4-6 active at the keyboard hours of playing a day on average. I hop on and off throughout the day, I usually stop at 8pm because that is husband/wife time where we hang out, watch the and talk and stuff.

When my kiddo was younger my play time was severely limited. But as she got older my evenings started to open up quite a bit. I have dedicated nights each week to hang out with the wife, and one to play games online with some old college buddies. The other nights I normally end up in EQ for 2-3 hours. And I tend to check in and do something on weekend days after any planned chores etc. My wife knew what she was getting into thankfully as I have been playing EQ since we were only friends, so she is supportive until I bring up the raid word. I even manage to get her to play with me about 1 day a year.. lol

Being a newbie to EQ with less than a year of tenure, I'm glad that I've had enough time to play to catch up to my guildmates in that time. I am usually logged in For a solid 12-14 hours per day, and just recently have reached the level range to be somewhat useful to my guild. ( :

Since MQ2 and covid, I have been getting to play a lot more. With the current situation, I've been working from home so I get set up and get my camp going right before i log in for work, then I am working/taking meetings right next to it. I keep a close eye on it and intervene when needed. This allows me to play a lot more than I usually would.

I've gotten to really tinker with KA12 and I am happy to report that I have a full group doing pretty well on nothing but KA12. I've never gotten it to work this well before.

This is me to a tee. I work from home, so I can literally play in the background. Probably a LOT more than I should. But I don't watch TV or movies that much, so EQ is pretty much my only in-home entertainment.

honestly not as much as i used to, although now that my daughter is almost 9 i do have a bit more time. have been setting up my group and letting them pull for a few hours while i work on things and watch the show. although i set up a ftp account for her and we picked a race/class she wanted to do and i'm going to teach her the game. well assuming i can pry her out of minecraft :)

Like many of you I am working from home with covid so keep EQ on in the background. Outside of that I have 2 under 5 so my only play time is after they go to bed. I have it worked out with my wife that she puts the kids to bed 3 days a week so I can get on an hour early to raid and I take them the rest of the week.

Usually get 1 weekend night to play as late as I want.

All in 15-20 hours a week active and whatever I get in during work hours.

Used to play 12-20 hrs a day 4 days a week then work 3 days straight lol. Then I played 12-16 hrs a day 7 days a week depending on TV. Then I didn't play at all for 5 yrs due to moving and internet issues, tried a bit with 4g tethering but it sucked couple years ago(bad reception, I've raided on 3g internet np) now it's hit or miss, can play 0-18 hrs in a day but all those hours include 15-20min afks, whereas they didn't used to(smoking at desk vs not in the house) plus I have a houseful of needy ADULTS that are incapable of adulting so I have to instruct them. The 2 kids really aren't an issue lol. So I may have 4-6hrs straight set aside for "me" time, bit I may lose most or all of it to needy ppl, and just stay up til 4 am to make up for it instead. All of this is regardless of mq, I don't depend on it to play and don't ever want to, but without it I'd be using mercs instead of rogues, and my Dru would NOT be my healer. But, that's how I played for over a decade so ..no big deal. My "job" now is pretty much doing everything for the other adults because they're incapable, and that takes time. Cooking, cleaning, haircuts, animal Care, tech support, babysitting, advice, medical ...you name it. I'm apparently the mother/housewife to all of them lol

Hi there I have three kids with the oldest being 7. I am a potter by trade and spend my days throwing clay around but I am done around 6-7 pm then the kids are up till 8 when the bedtime process begins and they are usually asleep by 9. Provided the wife does not want or need anything I can game from 9-12 or 1. So about 3 hours a day and when not playing i have a few toons running as a trader and the rest farming buffs in the GL and lettin overseer run. I can sneak a bit of spare time starting at 8 if im just doing maint. on my accounts but out farming doing mission and the like require my full attention. Long story short I get around 15-20 hours a week.

I normally play about 5 days a week. Usually during the day up until about 4pm. My kid is 19 and is a freshman in college, I did have some years of waiting until she took a nap or had to wait until I came home from work (when I worked a job that was 8-5).

I don't get much time to play games at all. Married with two kids, and I work at a shipping company five days a week, anytime between 10 and 16 hours a day. KA, RG, and VV in general give me a chance to come home and relax with the game I've loved for two decades. Even if I only get to watch my group come together and do stuff, it's enjoyable. The weekends allow me to really play and have a brief respite, where I can play like I was younger and more care free.

I have 7 year old twins i didn't play when they was small .started back when they was 6 .
One of them thinks it's funny the 3 suspensions I had.
I play every night well that is log on for 4 hours some nights I just sit there doing nothing lol

I play till I puke. This is what I have worked my whole life for: retirement. Yes, its all it's cracked up to be.

I feel like a an old version of the pimply nerd in the basement only I have depends, hearing aids, and instead of Cheetos and pizza I get Metamucil and "green leafy vegetables"

Back in my early teens I was playing for around 18 hours a day, in my early 20's around 10-12 hours a day and now in my 30's.. with kids an all, 4-6 hours during the week at night.

Weekends I cannot play much, I'd say around 3 hours or so If I can sneak some time in the morning before the fam wakes up then it's off to take kids out.

Usually up 16 hours a day, probably play 12-14 of those. Occasionally pull schedule flipping all nighters just depends but that's the average. The 2-4 hours I don't play are mostly me going out shopping or doing some jogging just to get out doors and fresh air. Other than that I'm a pretty huge homebody.

/played time on main character is 366 days 2 hours. Created 20 Dec 2001. This doesn't include all other alts or characters created before this one. That's roughly 1 year of my life over the past 20 years, or on average 72 minutes a day for two decades. Of course, the vast majority of that was in the earliest years. Lately I probably spend fewer than 5 hours a week playing, just to raid.

I have 7 year old twins i didn't play when they was small .started back when they was 6 .
One of them thinks it's funny the 3 suspensions I had.
Both of my sons look at this game and laugh. They don't get what I have burned into me. They watched EQ from it's final beta and then it ended in 2007 when I called it quits. My 25 year old thinks we all suck for using the tools here while my 31 year old says fuck the authority. Easy to see who took after dad. Where's that bard CWTN plugin? :lol:

Both of my sons look at this game and laugh. They don't get what I have burned into me. They watched EQ from it's final beta and then it ended in 2007 when I called it quits. My 25 year old thinks we all suck for using the tools here while my 31 year old says fuck the authority. Easy to see who took after dad. Where's that bard CWTN plugin? :lol:
The bard CWTN plugin will launch the same day DP publicly endorses MQ. I wouldn't hold your breath.

The bard CWTN plugin will launch the same day DP publicly endorses MQ. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Hey...that'll probably coincide with...

barack obama potus GIF by Obama
War News GIF by moodman

Whenever the suspensions die down I’ll go back to playing 30m / day on average. Would love to play more but can’t motivate myself with time constraints and suspensions

Same got suspsended for 7 days and cancelled all subs about a month later. I might play again if they stop suspending and banning people for using 3rd party software. I told them so in the reason for cancellation till then ciao and hello to virtual reality and doing other things with my time and money~!

Being a newbie to EQ with less than a year of tenure, I'm glad that I've had enough time to play to catch up to my guildmates in that time. I am usually logged in For a solid 12-14 hours per day, and just recently have reached the level range to be somewhat useful to my guild. ( :

I am very curious what brought you into EQ? Was it a friend? I just can't imagine how EQ attracts new players at this point. I know why I am addicted to it, since I snorted that crack 20 years ago and have just never been able to kick the nostalgia habit. BUT, a new gamer? What is the attraction there? I actually tried to pull a buddy into the game a couple years ago, he made it to like level 16 and and was like, "why the fuck do you play this game?" 😂:shrug:

As for my gameplay these days, probably like 5 or 6 hours a week. I basically log in every day and do at least one mission in ToL and run Overseer on all my toons and then on either Sat or Sun I will actually do something for like 3 or 4 hours.

IRL - How much do you get to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back