• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - How many characters do you typically run? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,624¢
How many characters do you typically run at once? What is the highest amount of characters you have run at one time? What type of hardware is running the high amounts of toons at once (just general hardware not specific)

How many characters do you typically run at once? What is the highest amount of characters you have run at one time? What type of hardware is running the high amounts of toons at once (just general hardware not specific)
6-24 up to 50+

3950, 64gig ram, 2070

Back a couple years ago before the mass suspension I was PL'ing up guild members alts and we would go hit older raids.

6-9x on my "older" i7-6700k + 32 GB ram and a Nvidia GeForce 1070.
24-40x on an AMD 3950x + 64 GB ram + NVidia GeForce 2070.

Since I don't want to put other peoples accounts at risk I've mostly been using 6-12x accounts, but some times when we're low on numbers for an alt raid I'll load more.

I’ve only managed about 12 and even then will get chars randomly crashing (but still staying logged in sometimes, not sure how that works). I’m guessing only having 8 G ram is the limiter :xd:.

Last edited:
I only run 1. The plugins are playing the rest ofc.
Animated GIF

@ChatWithThisName to DBG question...

I've got a trash video card RX 570, but on an 8th gen i7 8700 with 64 gigs of ram. Hopefully the video card won't give me too many issues.
Meh i run about 24 one an old lenovo t420 with no video card 16 megs of ram tough…it will die one day but these old laptops…are tough to kill. It sits on a cooling pad…
one day it’ll catch fire i’m sure

The newer legion can get up to 40+ bedore it starts throwing a fit

Discussion - How many characters do you typically run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back