• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How many accounts do YOU have? (1 Viewer)

I haven’t seen anyone mention expansion upgrades each year on each account. You can farm for plat for krono but using krono to buy expansions is really expensive. How do you buy expansions for 54 toons or 102!!!

At 39.99 an expansion that is $2,150 every year…. This is the only reason I don’t move my 3 box to a 6. The damn expansion cost. Keeping them gold, when needed is the east part.

For a team of 6 it is still $240 a year, which ain’t cheap.

Edit: 34.99 minus 10% discount x 54 accounts is $1700. For 6 accounts it is $189. Better than $240.

Last edited:
I have zero gold accounts, two silver accounts, and 43 ftp accounts. Only 9 accounts have had krono purchases to update their aa's. My latest expansion purchase was Dragons of Norrath. I'll eventually get other accounts krono's and expansions.

I haven’t seen anyone mention expansion upgrades each year on each account. You can farm for plat for krono but using krono to buy expansions is really expensive. How do you buy expansions for 54 toons or 102!!!

At 39.99 an expansion that is $2,150 every year…. This is the only reason I don’t move my 3 box to a 6. The damn expansion cost. Keeping them gold, when needed is the east part.

First it’s not $39.99 it’s $34.99, then you have the gold discount for 10% off. Again you have to remember those of us running that many gold accounts are also service providers as well so the true number for me with 54 is 80% of the number you quoted ($2150).

It’s also all relative, a good day at some of my side stuff I do I can clear that amount in a day. It’s also a lot of my entertainment time over the course of the year.

I have zero gold accounts, two silver accounts, and 43 ftp accounts. Only 9 accounts have had krono purchases to update their aa's. My latest expansion purchase was Dragons of Norrath. I'll eventually get other accounts krono's and expansions.
I am confused here. Your "latest expansion purchase was Dragons of Norrath" So that means you last purchased an expansion back in 2005?

Just using the free expansions we get now gives a lot of game content.

Yessir. That was my last expansion purchase, before ftp in eq was a thing. I agree, the free expansions are very giving. There is plenty of content to experience and things to do. However, the FTP AA limits can get out!

14 FTP Accounts right now at lvl 115. only one gold at lvl 115. i will go gold with new xpac.

Anyone know if there is a way to buy new xpac and begin to exp before the xpac comes out?

I run 16 here. 1 of each class ( no frog and Troll )
Group 1: SK/SHM/BRD/ROG/MAG/NEC
Group 2: WAR/CLR/ENC/RNG/BER
Group 3: PAL/DRUID/RNG/WIZ/MNK

will add another 2 classes to grp 2and 3 later.

Wow. I feel very tiny and cheap now. Thanks guys. I was all happy with my 7 ftp accounts. All lvl 20 , 1 AA (origin)and not enough PP to buy my spells.
Just kidding. I'm still happy. Grinning actually.

I'm not as addicted. Yet!

14 FTP Accounts right now at lvl 115. only one gold at lvl 115. i will go gold with new xpac.

Anyone know if there is a way to buy new xpac and begin to exp before the xpac comes out?
Once preorder happens

Edit: 34.99 minus 10% discount x 54 accounts is $1700. For 6 accounts it is $189. Better than $240.
$240 a year is still a cheaper investment vs how much I used to spend going out to the bars :D

$240 a year is still a cheaper investment vs how much I used to spend going out to the bars :D
No joke. I tell those I get in discussions with IRL about what I do with my spare time for entertainment. And when I mention I spend my time on EQ, I have to explain that for the money you can't beat it. Going out to dinner / movie / club / bar or whatever, is insanely expensive even if you do it twice a month.

No joke. I tell those I get in discussions with IRL about what I do with my spare time for entertainment. And when I mention I spend my time on EQ, I have to explain that for the money you can't beat it. Going out to dinner / movie / club / bar or whatever, is insanely expensive even if you do it twice a month.
Yeah, and my wife enjoys having me at home :) win/win well...most of the time she doesn't get annoyed by my playing. Only when I can't step away to do something she asks cause I'm in the middle of a raid battle. Last thing I need is to be that guy who causes 50+ other players to waste time.

Yeah, and my wife enjoys having me at home :) win/win well...most of the time she doesn't get annoyed by my playing. Only when I can't step away to do something she asks cause I'm in the middle of a raid battle. Last thing I need is to be that guy who causes 50+ other players to waste time.
My wife usually plays with me. So I guess win/win/win over here. 🙏 :D

Raiding is tough when something comes up and you have to step away. Definitely problematic!

i have 54 accts

2 are NoS
2 are ToL

the other 5 are F2P (CoV) on test server to avoid the aa cap and prestige rules

i cycle my accts each expansion so this next one i will get the expansion on my 2 ToL gruops with the pre sale discount its affordable

being on test is even more affordable not having to farm krono to pay the monthly fees.

shoot i need a server computer to run all that

Not really, but if you gonna do it on one PC, be sure to pick a graphic card med lots of vRAM.

(Game likes vRAM when gets stacked, also RAM)

See my PC usage below. 6 toons, 1440P and no advanced lightning and 40% view distance, no bloom effect. Rest is maxed.

5600X
RX 5700 8GB
32GB RAM 3600mhz

But you maybe meant the crazy ones who runs over 100 toons at once? =P

Attachments

• Unsasasdsdasdtitled-2.jpg
    Unsasasdsdasdtitled-2.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not sure how easy it is to trade expansions for krono but that’s my guess though it sounds unsafe in theory.
If you buy the Family & Friends Edition then you get a tradable version of the expansion that you can keep for an alt or sell. They are pretty hot tickets during the first 6-8 months after release. 5 Krono might be a little low depending on your server. But its died off by now.

Discussion - How many accounts do YOU have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back