• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How do you dress your Bard seriously? I made a Bard. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,733¢
No Bard jokes here guys sorry. I made a Bard. But honestly I don't know how to gear him.
Here is my philosophy. Tanks eat first and best. Tanks get the best armor and weapons available. Melee DPS get the best weapons for their class. and decent armor. Armor matters less. Caster gets good armor for mana regen and their weapons I only care about the amount of mana regen. I'm old school I don't melee my casters. But it seems like a bard needs the best weapons and good armor almost like a tank. Am I wrong?

No Bard jokes here guys sorry. I made a Bard. But honestly I don't know how to gear him.
Here is my philosophy. Tanks eat first and best. Tanks get the best armor and weapons available. Melee DPS get the best weapons for their class. and decent armor. Armor matters less. Caster gets good armor for mana regen and their weapons I only care about the amount of mana regen. I'm old school I don't melee my casters. But it seems like a bard needs the best weapons and good armor almost like a tank. Am I wrong?
whatever is laying around.. hell, throw a few pieces of leftover siding from when you redid the barn...

Club*

Focus on Dex stats and 1HP imo. Bard has focus armor as well to help with songs, so I would make those a priority.

Head - Brass - Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by XXX
Arms - String - Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by XXX
Hands - Percussion- Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by XXX
Feet - Singing - Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by XXX

I usually gear my bard with equal priority to my healers, which is right after my tanks. Comes down to whether the bard or cleric have the worse item in that slot in terms of items theyd normally compete for.

Tanks, Healers, Crowd control...over dps anyday...

Tank take damage
Healers keep the tank up
Crowd control...manages the madness..

Everything else eats later...

Bards are Crowd Control/ADPS...so if you treat them right they'll take care of ya.

Ukulele Bard GIF by zoefannet

Bard gets all of the left over FTP gear. If you're feeling generous buy him/her some water/fresh fish.

Discussion - How do you dress your Bard seriously? I made a Bard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back