• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - how do I delete subscription (1 Viewer)

How do I Delete the subscription, cannot get kissassist to work, video's not helping and help is Vague, going to play Normally
Take a break. Get some sleep and call me in the morning. You are over thinking this. It's really not that complicated. The program does most of the work for you once you set it up. From some of the questions I see you asking, you are thinking way too hard.
Lot of people here that usually respond to a help question within a few hours.

I had this issue when I first got started too. It was just an onslaught of info and I wanted to play now now now - it DOES it easier, and better. It just takes a bit of time, slowing down, and re-reading. A lot of re-reading (or watching, in YouTube case). There's tons of people to answer every single question you might have, even if you think it is a silly question, ask it anyway, they are here to help. I hope you find what you are looking for game-wise!

Safe travels.

Please make sure you join the discord server. The help on here is amazing, but you can reach out and possibly get instant help. We are a community to help one another. I'm sorry you've had a tough time, but I promise you, if you stick with us, you'll enjoy MQ.

Discord link below.

One thing I have noticed is that some of the explanation that is provided (which is great and good advice) but needs to be said in a way that folks can understand. I have been reading and trying to catch up on things and find the a lot of advice is provided with the thought that the new folks have some understanding of things. When in reality the person asking the question has no back ground to understand what we take for granted.

An example is I provided a step by step of what the /pause # is used for in a social to clear up its usage. What makes sense to me may not make sense to someone else. I remember going through the same thing when I first started. Watched all the videos and read all the stuff on setting up a group and it took a few great folks here to put it in terms that I could understand. Suggestion would be to look at the guides and videos and see if that provide the information in a way that someone (who has no idea of what is happening) can understand it.

Nuff Said
Zeb

I wonder if they actually watched the videos or just skipped around as if they already knew what they were doing but really didn't.
Not everyone is the same. I like the videos, but they are sometimes lengthy, and sometimes you don't want to know *everything* you just want to know *that one thing*. Imagine not knowing what the definition of a word was and when you went to look it up, you got a video for definitions for all the words in the English language. You going to watch that, and remember it all? Nope. You're going to skip around for the word you were looking for.

Not everyone is the same. I like the videos, but they are sometimes lengthy, and sometimes you don't want to know *everything* you just want to know *that one thing*. Imagine not knowing what the definition of a word was and when you went to look it up, you got a video for definitions for all the words in the English language. You going to watch that, and remember it all? Nope. You're going to skip around for the word you were looking for.
So you're essentially saying, write shorter more concise content. Could have just said that...

So you're essentially saying, write shorter more concise content. Could have just said that...
No, that's not what I'm saying.

Some of the videos are about concepts - moving your characters around, for example, which use several different tools/plugins/macros.

Maybe you only want to know about one of those things. That doesn't mean the video should be shorter or just about one thing (shorter/more concise).

I'm saying that the videos aren't necessarily the end-all for everyone.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Some of the videos are about concepts - moving your characters around, for example, which use several different tools/plugins/macros.

Maybe you only want to know about one of those things. That doesn't mean the video should be shorter or just about one thing (shorter/more concise).

I'm saying that the videos aren't necessarily the end-all for everyone.
So you're saying you need an index of some sort to find exactly what you're looking for?

wow, this has to be the first.

Help is everywhere around here. Videos and documentation on just about everything and everyone is super-helpful

I know. I don't think I've ever been apart of a community as patient and as helpful as this. I've asked alot of dumb questions and they've always been answered respectfully.

i got some sleep and buddy walking me thru the process

SORRY TO SHOW MY ASS

WORKING AS INTENDED

/THANKS ALL

Glad to hear it! Remember theres alot of guys who've been through the same situation as you, we all have that learning curve, adapting to the language of MQ, and the concepts of running a team different from manual mode.. Just reach out to the greater community, here I don't think you'll ever be disappointed!

It takes time. Been at it myself for just weeks. Still learning. May never be done learning. Take small steps at first. Can’t just expect to run off the bat. wnd if you have trouble with something people here and in the discord are helpful. Also searching can Rey someone else asked the same.

If you are doing KISS I would start with something really basic and get it working before downloading any of the more complicated ones. There are some really fancy ones available that do things that will make a first timer really confused and frustrated for sure. Good luck and have fun.

One thing I think we all would like (this is for all the helpers out there) is to try to explain in detail what your question is and what is happening that you can't get working. This helps us form an answer that may help solve the problem. Also if you look at the answer and It does not make sense or does not work please let us know so we can fix the answer to something easier to understand.

I am much like that. I do enjoy a yes or no with an explanation but it isn't always needed. I may need one little piece and the rest will fall into place. I do not enjoy a full lecture when one word will suffice.

One thing I think we all would like (this is for all the helpers out there) is to try to explain in detail what your question is and what is happening that you can't get working. This helps us form an answer that may help solve the problem. Also if you look at the answer and It does not make sense or does not work please let us know so we can fix the answer to something easier to understand.
A great chasm can exist between what the person thinks they need to report and what the person needs to report in order to resolve their issue.

I agree Tituba. I was gearing my statement more to the one asking the question. A more expanded question will get a more concise answer. This may be just a one word answer or it may take several paragraph to provide the understanding of the answer. The more information in the question gives me a better understanding of how much needs to go into the answer.

Upon reading the OP, I thought it was a joke post. I'm surprised it was not, but glad to see it all turned out well. Welcome to RG Smith8454, with your new learned skills, I think you may just enjoy the game in a more enjoyable way :)

I agree Tituba. I was gearing my statement more to the one asking the question. A more expanded question will get a more concise answer. This may be just a one word answer or it may take several paragraph to provide the understanding of the answer. The more information in the question gives me a better understanding of how much needs to go into the answer.
I agree it is up the person asking the question to make it as clear as possible what they need. Which is why when I want a one word answer I will ask a yes or no question specifically. I understand better if people say "yes: or "no" then if I need more info I will ask a specific follow up question. As for more detailed explanations, which can be needed on some topics, as long as they actually say yes or no then explain that is good too. A lot of times people give an explanation with no specific yes or no. Which can and often does leave room for misinterpretation.

How do I Delete the subscription, cannot get kissassist to work, video's not helping and help is Vague, going to play Normally

Pissed
Basically if you are using windows10 and up you may be having difficulty in finding the files on your pc. That's ok because you can use the Redguides launcher to find them by clicking "Open MQ folder", it's under the Very Vanilla tab. Since kissassist is a macro you will need to right click and open your macro folder, which will be found at top left among other folders; in the macro folder you will find the "kissassist configuration" file. This config file is created by you when you start kissassist on a toon, that is done by having the toon you want to assist targeted and typing "mac kissassist" and hitting enter. You will have to play around with that config file for each of the toons you want to setup. Hope this helps, take care.. Cuz

I am much like that. I do enjoy a yes or no with an explanation but it isn't always needed. I may need one little piece and the rest will fall into place. I do not enjoy a full lecture when one word will suffice.
If you are finding Sic boring in his videos, yeah (haha) I feel ya. Just realize that Sic may appear to be a nOOb, or he may appear to be taking for granted the players who are just starting out, but really it's not his intent and he is one of the best script writers on the planet, knows what he is doing.
Take care,
Cuz

If you are finding Sic boring in his videos, yeah (haha) I feel ya. Just realize that Sic may appear to be a nOOb, or he may appear to be taking for granted the players who are just starting out, but really it's not his intent and he is one of the best script writers on the planet, knows what he is doing.
Take care,
Cuz
I am not one of the best anything.

And I absolutely don't take new users for granted, sorry you feel that way.

Take care,
Cuz
In no way did I say or infer Sic was boring in his videos. Sic is interesting, talented and very good at what he does. His videos are great! I still would like a separate page with quick FAQ;s and thought about making one for the site but then I learned it may change format so I ditched the idea. The fact my brain works best retaining information in a certain way is no reflection on him. His videos are of immense help. I apologize to Sic if that is how I came across.

Take care,
Cuz
I do agree, Sic is one of the best script writers. :)

I am amazed by Sic and others on these forums with the talents they have.

It always make me wonder what they do for a living if they are so talented here.

And how do they get the time?

Its not like they really get paid. And my neverending thanks is like a free refill at circlek - worth about 89 cents.

Sic's videos actually inspired me to come back and play. I have been able to connect with friends I met on EQ and that helped me survive lockdown. It's why I was especially sad to see my post could be misinterpreted as a slam to him. I have wondered how they make cash too. If I can, I pay for things as I can so people can get something at least.

I do agree, Sic is one of the best script writers. :)
Ahh haha i see. Well my whole guild said Sic is is very good at Scripts and something else, can't remember. Sometimes you have to go back and watch his videos a few times if you are just starting out and are not accustomed to working with files/game overlays. etc. He packs a lot of different information into his videos. It is our responsibility to become somewhere close to the skill level of Sic in applying this information to our game and it will not happen overnight; it is something we have to progress into through experience. Getting the plugins from Chat will exponentially speed up your learning curve because he does 95% of the work for you. Anyone can run a group quite effectively within their first week with all CWTN plugins on toons in ur grp. Still the videos by Sic are your friend if that is all you ever do. In my humble opinion these plugins by Chat are actually helping Everquest and making it possible to play the game in the manner that it was designed for, a group game. I am convinced that Daybreak is simply SOE in disguise, I have my reasons. Only SOE would cut off their noses to spite their own faces, dejavu friends :-) I mean I did a search on best mmorpg's in 2021, there are several cheezy looking games nowadays with over a million paid subscribers playing their games and even some 2-D games like Runescape pulling in tons of subscribers. EQ is too vague and mysterious and not user friendly whatsoever, with regard to how much content is actually missed compared to how much players actually get done.

Tech - how do I delete subscription

Users who are viewing this thread

Back