• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hopeful about Wiz DPS (1 Viewer)

RedCents
348Ā¢
When I started with my first crew I included a wizard I had sitting around because I always loved the class. Back in classic EQ the big nukes were really fun and had a different play style compared to my CLR (my main) and my warrior (second alt), I figured it would be fun to have one in my crew.

It turned out that my equal leveled mage with like 15k less AA was consistently out dpsing my wiz. I gave up on them and put a bat into my crew. I just didnā€™t love the bst. Recently I saw that Wiz was slowly coming out of the gutter so I pulled her back out. Iā€™m leveling a Pal and Iā€™m back to grinding Restless Assault so I figured why not let her get some action and see how she is doing.

At this point the mag and wiz ping pong the top dps slot with the wiz being 10kAA short of max while my mag is max AA. I know that these short fights are not the same as a named or boss fight but Iā€™m hopeful that the wiz will actually put out enough dps to have a real spot on my crew. I canā€™t wait to test on something stronger. If she canā€™t pull it off this round I might retire her for good and make a 2nd mage, or maybe a ranger if mq2 ranger drops anytime soon.

I know how you feel. First toon I ever boxed with my sk was a wiz whoā€™s been getting dusty for a whileā€¦ been replaced with a ftp zerker but think Iā€™m going to replace him with a mage lol

I used to main a wiz for years loved playing Wiz even though they usually always got the short end of the stick. Mages always got better spells right out of the box when expansions hit and Wiz had to go farm or research their best spells, but once you got them their Burst DPS couldn't be topped, sustained dps not so good,

Throw a few wizards in a group with a bard and have the bard playing the damage increase songs before they added the raid xp split the all wiz group would steal the exp for the raid. Those were good times.

I found that a druid in my group was the best replacement for my wiz. DPS/Ports, plus you can actually buff and/or heal if needed! (no, I didn't look at the relative DPS, I just know my downtime went to zero, so my overall kill rate went up)

I have a question on this subject? What is the best way to MQ a Wiz these days?
KA RGmerc? I have a wiz 115 and trying to get good dps out of it is. So any suggestions would be helpful

So do I, hmm man Iā€™ve always wanted a Druid lol, man I really donā€™t want to spend the time and effort to get one up and running but I guess with mq Druid and the bonus exp there isnā€™t a better time to test one out

So why do I have a healer? Hmm maybe the shaman comes out of retirement. Idk what the best to pair with a pally is, I just know my cleric is a monster healer
I use a cleric healer too. Been wanting to swap it out but never level a shaman to do it because I have a bst for shaman buffs.

I have a question on this subject? What is the best way to MQ a Wiz these days?
KA RGmerc? I have a wiz 115 and trying to get good dps out of it is. So any suggestions would be helpful
mq2afnuke i think is pretty good for my wiz while using ka for buffs and anything else

Discussion - Hopeful about Wiz DPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back