• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Home Owner (1 Viewer)

another TV cheat worth noting is a jailbroke firestick . less than 50$ (CDN) and can be done in about ten mins. picked up three of em for the tvs in my place and never looked back ... can do it all on your own or a lot of people will sign u p with someone who keeps it updated daily for a small monthly fee . (i pay 25$ CDN per month) never missed a UFC PPV yet =)
I went with plain old over the air (OTA) antenna. Am using a pair of plug in powered rabbit ears from 1970 or maybe 1980 on one tv, a square thing I got from Family Dollar for $5 on another and other numerous digital antenas for the other tv's. No outside antennas cause those aren't worth it.

I get all the major networks, and a bunch of others. Its all FREE.

Anything else I stream (free) thru my high speed connection and usually catch those newly released movies the very night.

I don't have enough time to invest in cable tv - Always playing EQ or out of the house

By the way, congrats. Now you will build up equity instead of paying it all to a landlord. I wish I had bought YEARS ago.
Only thing that is a pain is all the projects and upkeep. Never seems to end.
Since I bought my house (well since the bank still owns most of it for a long time), it has gone up in value almost 80,000. It is slowing down now, but was still a good investment.

Congrats Slade. Get yourself a riding lawn mower, makes mowing fast and easy. My son is always asking to drive mine little does he know he’s actually working while he does.

Come on folks. We need more replies. We need to make Sic's prophecy come true. He said this was becoming the most commented and red cented thread in quite a while - or something to that effect. :)

Be well. Happy home owning. Happy Ditching Cable (for some). Happy gaming. :p

Grats on the new home ownership! Now get ready for several repairs to happen over the course of the ownership of your home. You can always be like Tim the Tool man! More Power!

Tim Allen Power Tool GIF

1657393295604.png

Gratz on the new home!! experienced the same thing last year around November. Me and my wife have been renting for over 6 years and finally got our own home. I have your same troubles of never-ending things to buy and projects to do....so much easier to call renter to tell him to get someone or fix it haha.

Grats on the new home ownership! Now get ready for several repairs to happen over the course of the ownership of your home. You can always be like Tim the Tool man! More Power!

Tim Allen Power Tool GIF

View attachment 40754

I heard they are bringing back some form of Home Improvement. I am not sure but I thought it was History channel or Discovery channel. I might have to look it up.

Be well. Go Binford. More Power. Ah AH AH.

By the way, congrats. Now you will build up equity instead of paying it all to a landlord. I wish I had bought YEARS ago.
Only thing that is a pain is all the projects and upkeep. Never seems to end.
Since I bought my house (well since the bank still owns most of it for a long time), it has gone up in value almost 80,000. It is slowing down now, but was still a good investment.
I wish I had bought years ago too. Same house in the same condition was sold to the previous owners for like $50,000, we bought it for ~$230,000.

It was professionally appraised and everything, so it was officially appraised at that amount. Just wacky how much a few years changed the housing market.

Congrats Slade. Get yourself a riding lawn mower, makes mowing fast and easy. My son is always asking to drive mine little does he know he’s actually working while he does.

My first thought when thinking of mowers was a riding mower, but I am so frugal that once I saw the prices for them I could feel myself recoiling.

Why can't thinks be as simple as going out and collecting some bear butts to turn in for a riding lawn mower reward.

rsz_8bearbutts_72.png

Come on folks. We need more replies. We need to make Sic's prophecy come true. He said this was becoming the most commented and red cented thread in quite a while - or something to that effect. :)

Sic is wise, like Raptor Jesus

Raptor-Jesus-knowyourmemecom-memes-raptor-jesus.jpg

Tim Allen Power Tool GIF

View attachment 40754

I heard they are bringing back some form of Home Improvement. I am not sure but I thought it was History channel or Discovery channel. I might have to look it up.

Be well. Go Binford. More Power. Ah AH AH.

I loved this show while I was growing up.
It was always on just before the Simpsons for me. I'd watch a reboot.

I forgot to show off one of the most important things I got. I don't know what to do with any of them yet because I've made them irrationally precious in my head.

Got some buffs to get me through the first few weeks of unpacking and organizing the new place:

20220613_200928.jpg

They're stickers, which may not be easy to tell from the angle I'm holding them.

Last edited:
Grats on the house. Do as much of your own maintenance and repairs as you are mechanically able, even if you have to buy the tools. I found I can save money even after purchasing the tools for most if not all jobs and the next time I already have the tools and save even more.

Congratulations on the purchase of your home! Sorry about the HOA. If they already hammered you for parking and your lawn, I would be leary about doing anything in your front yard with out reading their regulations. They might not care for what you might want to plant etc. Give folks that are on the same level as you and your wife a little power and they feel that they are above you. As mentioned above, Home Depot does offer 10% military discount up to $400 annually. No need to have the HD CC, just get the app on your phone. I have HD card but have retired it due to no bonus(miles, cash back etc.) Pick your best card as you will probably be using it a bit more than usual. My buddy(retired Navy) stated that Lowes offers the same with no limit annually but I haven't verified that. HD is closer to home for me. I personally would make a list of local support ie; plumber, electrician, general handyman for things that are out of your forte. With that being said, again congrats on your home.
I have been MIA for 2 months and I think I will extend it another couple of months. We added a baby girl Golden Retriever to play with our big boy Golden. She's crazy as she goes in the pool at any hour of the night then comes in and slaps me with wet paws. Thankfully our bed is still too high for her to jump up onto it. It was funny the first few times......Peace✌️

IRL - Home Owner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back