• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Hijacked account please help (1 Viewer)

derekrh

RedCents
So back in 2003 I bought an account, and I raided with the character and got it geared. I took a break from EQ since I couldnt raid and pass my college classes at the same time. While I was gone, the original owner of the account reclaimed the account and had it server transfered back to the server he was from.

My question is...

Is there a way to retrieve this account back? Is there a way to move this character to a whole new account of which he has no influence?

The character hasn't been logged in in over 5 months, and I've known he hijacked it for about 7 months. I'm curious if I can somehow get the account back, then buy like the anniversary edition and transfer the character to a whole new account he can't get into.

To my knowledge, since the other guy is the original owner you have no chance to get that toon from his account back.

Sorry Crystane.

Aye, purchased accounts do not belong to the buyer. They technically don't belong to the seller either, but Sony will not give you an account that does not belong to you.

You can call and tell them about your billing information and play stupid about the other information. It's worth a try...

If nothing else you can claim the account was sold and they can ban it on those grounds i believe since it violates the EULA

A tip when you buy an account alway transfer it to a new account ASAP. Took me a couple of times of getting burned before I started doing it.

If you know SQA and original billing information

You will have a good chance at reclaiming it, And then move it to another account

Hope I didn't make it sound hopeless, it's always worth a try to call and have yourself good answers for all the questions you think they might ask. Credit card info? dunno because you have a new credit card now, duh! Stuff like that. I always like to use the "it's my kid's account" excuse to circumvent many problems like "he changes the secret question on me, the bastard" and if there are other names in the billing it's your boyfriend or girlfriend or the kid's aunt or whatever, it all works sometimes.

Hijacked account please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back