• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - High RAM usage on some clients (1 Viewer)

Gohast

RedCents
825¢
So I noticed today that some of my clients have 2-3 times the RAM usage of others. All of the clients have the same graphics settings and frame limiter settings. Clients that have been running for hours will have around 600mb usage while some will have 1800mb. Any ideas on what could be causing the difference?

Weird. Is it spiky at all? Not sure what's causing that, but you could monitor the performance tab on Task Manager to watch for spikes.
Seems stable from what I saw, fluxed give or take 200mbs. Is RAM usage different for each zone? Like maybe more assets need to be loaded in PoK vs Nexus?

Is RAM usage different for each zone?
Anecdotally I believe so. Plus it seems logical that the more crowded a zone is, the more stuff has to be rendered, the more stuff has to be kept in ram. I would assume they try to account for some of this within a zone as far as reusing textures and models and whatnot, but there's nothing they can do about player behavior so I seem to notice RAM spikes in PoK and Lobby, especially around the buff pile.

Question - High RAM usage on some clients

Users who are viewing this thread

Back