• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Hail Guest, RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla. Join the release party!
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Hi everyone, us oldies come back! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
150¢
Hi Everyone, just found this software and site so I got to have a look.
Been away from EQ for many years, hell there's plenty to be away from and still have been around a lot.
Played for about six years from launch then went to WoW for a coupla years... never really liked it as much. joined a private EQ server called "Shards of Dalaya" for a few more years, that was a lot of fun with really mixed up zone connections and quite cool quests etc. got a bit bored with that though so went and played real life for a few years too. Anyway I saw EQ free to play on steam a while back and thought why not eh?
So here I am again, back to playing Live. I've also got a couple of accounts on Daybreak so I can box three chars atm although I'm still getting the third one up to the same level as the first two (Lvl 60 Shaman and Mage, lvl 47 druid).
Totally new to this method of boxing, so any links to tutorials helping to get up and running would be helpful of course.
I'm playing on Firiona Vie and live in New Zealand so my playing times will probably be different from most but I'm used to empty zones that's why I hang out in the a lot!

Cheers Everyone

Sic

"MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher
RedCents
27,769¢
Welcome back to RG! And welcome to RedGuides.

I edited your toon names as posting them is a bad idea.

the > Starter Vids < are a good place to look as they will get you cookin pretty quickly

RedCents
739¢
Hi Everyone, just found this software and site so I got to have a look.
Been away from EQ for many years, hell there's plenty to be away from and still have been around a lot.
Played for about six years from launch then went to WoW for a coupla years... never really liked it as much. joined a private EQ server called "Shards of Dalaya" for a few more years, that was a lot of fun with really mixed up zone connections and quite cool quests etc. got a bit bored with that though so went and played real life for a few years too. Anyway I saw EQ free to play on steam a while back and thought why not eh?
So here I am again, back to playing Live. I've also got a couple of accounts on Daybreak so I can box three chars atm although I'm still getting the third one up to the same level as the first two (Lvl 60 Shaman and Mage, lvl 47 druid).
Totally new to this method of boxing, so any links to tutorials helping to get up and running would be helpful of course.
I'm playing on Firiona Vie and live in New Zealand so my playing times will probably be different from most but I'm used to empty zones that's why I hang out in the a lot!

Cheers Everyone
Welcome back! Enjoy!

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
6,380¢
My first recommendation is to create 3 more characters. Run an entire full group. It's cumbersome to start that way in regards to financially buying spells/abilities/gear, but it's going to save you the time you would have spent at higher levels adding more toons to your group and leveling them later.

Second is, setup your group to have a tank, healer, crowd control, and 3 DPS.
There's nothing more effective than having the Trio of tank/healer/CC when you're doing content. If any one of those 3 are missing you will find yourself depending on others probably more than you'd like.

You'll also want to make sure that you use the launcher and use the dropdown to grab "Next" instead of "Live".
Next is also for Live servers, and will soon be the only thing offered at redguides as we're ushering in the new.

For help with your groups I hear a good starting place is RGMercs/KissAssist.

Kissassist requires a bit of understanding of the characters, and requires you fill in the INI as you get new spells or abilities. Alternately you can download INI's for it from our INI library, though at lower levels there isn't much to offer.

RGMercs requires less understanding of the group and only some knowledge of how to get around with your box team.

Be sure to check out the various resources available to you, and ask questions if you need help. A good option for getting help as you're just starting is to use the Redguides discord. You'll find "Discord" dropdown at the top of every page on redguides. If you're not familiar with Discord, it's essentially a text chat with the option to also do voice/screenshare send screenshots and other things you might want to do in real time when you need assistance getting started.

CWTN

RedCents
330¢
Because CWTN doesn't want to plug his own (and Sic's) premium class plugins I will do it. If you want to streamline your playing experience and spend more time playing than modifying .ini files then I suggest investing in at least one of their plugins to see how nice it is. The price you pay up front for a year of use is well worth the time you would be saving. However, if you are a DIY guy then you will find time well spent using MA/KA... some will be necessary for unreleased plugin classes anyway. Welcome back.

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
6,380¢
If they're interested in trying them out, they come with the test server for free. No need to make a purchase first.
There is a Next for test server, just not available on the launcher yet. So you'd have to download it manually for the moment.

We also don't have all the classes available.

Finally, you are right Honge I don't like to advertise my own things. For new users I try to let them try out the free options available to them, and let the other members tell them if they feel it's worth an honorable mention :-P

RedCents
4,167¢
If they're interested in trying them out, they come with the test server for free. No need to make a purchase first.
There is a Next for test server, just not available on the launcher yet. So you'd have to download it manually for the moment.

We also don't have all the classes available.

Finally, you are right Honge I don't like to advertise my own things. For new users I try to let them try out the free options available to them, and let the other members tell them if they feel it's worth an honorable mention :-P
well I will join Honge and say. Go buy the SHm and Mage CWTN class plugins, you wont regret it, they simplify the entire process leveling up and having your characters actually do what you need them to do.

I agree with Chat, go ahead and do 5 or 6. The holy trinity as him and sic and many others will and have said, is tank/heal/dps you have tank and dps already. instead of the druid do up a chanter or bard, second mage then either a 3rd mage/bst or a tank(paly sk war) Multi Mage pet tanking is viable up to max level, but having a solid tank is often the better choice, specially if you want to do instances and stuff

Bonus is, you only have to buy 1 plugin for all mages(you can run as many mages as you want) etc but need to buy 1 for each CLASS you want to play(i currently own them all)

RedCents
653¢
I would do RG Mercs for the earlier levels unless you have lots of time to keep your KA inis up to date. I would also look to level where you can make pp for spells unless you spring for a krono. I spring for a krono when I came back. Being broke is no fun. Welcome back and have fun.

RedCents
1,135¢
Kia ora! Tons of good information to get you started on your journey and plenty of folks to put you back on the path if you stray and need the help. 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread