• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Help With ISBOXER on Work Laptop - Can't Import WININET (1 Viewer)

Smartalik

RedCents
Hello All -

I just started using ISBoxer and am really in love with it! Now, I want to take it on the road with me. I'm on a plane/in a hotel almost weekly and want to keep my boxes going while I travel.

Innerspace and IS Boxer have been installed and I'm able to run ISBoxer, setup my crews, and save to Innerspace, but when I try to launch a character set I get this error.

Innerspace has experienced an unrecoverable problem
eqgame.exe unable to link imported WININET.dll (-16)

Attached is the screenshot of the error. Does anyone have any clues of how to get around this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-09 172212.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-09 172212.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello All -

I just started using ISBoxer and am really in love with it! Now, I want to take it on the road with me. I'm on a plane/in a hotel almost weekly and want to keep my boxes going while I travel.

Innerspace and IS Boxer have been installed and I'm able to run ISBoxer, setup my crews, and save to Innerspace, but when I try to launch a character set I get this error.

Attached is the screenshot of the error. Does anyone have any clues of how to get around this?
Not trying to be rude here man, but does not seem like a RG issue, take a look at ISBoxer website for some help? I'd bet your issue has happened to others and can be solved.

Hello All -

I haven't personally ever seen that error, so not sure what it is about :(

I don't suggest getting into using ISBOXer unless you either a: already use it or b: are going to also use it for other games. There are too many "gotchas", too many features/functions that don't help (and some actively hurt) mq/eq usage these days.

Unfortunately their support and community is notoriously hostile if they even sniff that you might be using MQ, so don't mention that to them if you go there for support.

Since this is your "work" laptop do you have Administrator privileges?

Here are a few things I would try...

Right-click on the Innerspace icon and choose to "Run as Administrator"

Open your anti-virus and exclude the Innerspace program folder and Everquest and Macroquest folders from virus scanning.

Review any other anti-malware software you might have and ensure it's not blocking you.

(Edited to add that I use Innerspace on all my EQ systems, but I run them all as adminstrator and have zero issues with Innerspace and Macroquest coexisting together!)

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there MQ supports profiles to launch multiple toons at the same time. Also, has the frame limiter built in. It was nice to have each instance framed out in its own window but can easily resize your windows and if you use it to broadcast keystrokes can do that with DanNet or EQBCS. All that to say MQ now supports all the useful functionality that isboxer was useful for natively now. Just some things to consider.

Just throwing this out there MQ supports profiles to launch multiple toons at the same time. Also, has the frame limiter built in. It was nice to have each instance framed out in its own window but can easily resize your windows and if you use it to broadcast keystrokes can do that with DanNet or EQBCS. All that to say MQ now supports all the useful functionality that isboxer was useful for natively now. Just some things to consider.
Unless there is something here on RG that handles window management that I am not aware of or some other way to accomplish it, ISB does a fantastic job at this. I use it only for that purpose. Super nice with a dual monitor setup to have your main toon on one screen in full and the other 5 in smaller screens on the other monitor. Then a simple click allows the alt toon to switch places with your main in a flash. I'm curious to know if someone has a better suggestion than this.

Switcher is nice too just click on the toon name and flip to them.
Yup, simple, I forget about this one, its nice. Good call Cybris

Software Help With ISBOXER on Work Laptop - Can't Import WININET

Users who are viewing this thread

Back