• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hello! (1 Viewer)

Apothicarian

RedCents
675¢
Just popped in to say hello! I'm a new user of the program. I just started a couple of days ago, so I have a lot of learning ahead of me, but I've been playing for the last 20 years as single characters on a few different servers. I'm super excited about being a member of this community and I look forward to figuring things out from all of you veterans!! Thanks for having me!

Just popped in to say hello! I'm a new user of the program. I just started a couple of days ago, so I have a lot of learning ahead of me, but I've been playing for the last 20 years as single characters on a few different servers. I'm super excited about being a member of this community and I look forward to figuring things out from all of you veterans!! Thanks for having me!
hell yeah!

Welcome to redguides!

Welcome! Couple of redcents coming your way to get ya started.

Welcome aboard matey! There is a learning curve of course. My suggestion is to read as much as you can and to use as few plugins as you can at first. When I first started I loaded everything I could thinking I would be a jedi master. What I learned is the more you use the more confused you can be. Some crashes because some plugins and macros hate each other and or just dumb settings on my part. Less you have active the easier it can be found. Can slowly add what you need as you go for what your playstyle and toons need. The commands and instructions are huge on some of these I still haven't reached using a quarter of them. Ask if ya have to but research solves a lot. Use them wisely don't be a dick when using. There are a lot of people that use "help" I never realized how many till I crossed over. We are all brothers and sisters but if you do dumb stuff you might not get invited to the family reunions. Have fun it is a whole new experience

Thank you guys for being so welcoming! I appreciate it very much! Haha! Jedi master! Cute!

I've been using it for a couple of days and pretty much have it down. I haven't loaded any macros or plugins because I figured just getting used to the program and figuring out what to put in the ini's first would cause less anxiety. My toons are now lvl 24 (I started with lvl 1) and I think at 25 I will load in my first plugins to see what they do and how much more or less I have to work with the ini's. I like to figure things out on my own before I ask for help, so that won't be a problem. I will ask if I just can't figure it out, but the starter videos were quite helpful. I was crashing when trying to log my toons in all at once with the program, but I realized (1) I needed to load them in individually to create the ini first, and (2) My system won't let me load them all in if I'm in full screen mode. They have to be in windowed mode, even if I make the window huge, in order for them to all load in at the same time. Haven't had a problem with loading in since. I'm not a code writer by any means, but I know enough to work with the basics when it comes to adding things in or making changes to the ini files. The biggest problem I've come across so far is it seems like I will play for a little while and then all of a sudden my toons will just stop doing anything except for the one I'm running myself. Also, they don't really like to follow very well or "come to me" and just turn in circles. lol Hoping the new plugins/macros will help with that.

Oh...I promise not to be a "dick" especially since I have lady parts. *wink wink* :)

Welcome to redguides!!

For many years I alt+tab boxed 4 characters.. then I found redguides, and it made my life SOOOO much easier.

The initial learning can feel super overwhelming, but, never hesitate to come here and ask questions. And just take it slow at first, and before you know it, it'll feel like second nature.

Welcome to the Party!
giphy.gif

Welcome aboard.

Biggest recommendation is to watch all videos and take notes.
Ask questions. everyone here is great at answering questions
always remember. The only "stupid" question is the one you dont ask.

I tell everyone i talk to about coming to RG. Check out Sic's vids on youtube. (they are what brought me in)

IRL - Hello!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back