• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Hello / Introduction (1 Viewer)

cellis17

RedCents
160¢
Hello Red Guides! I am an old EQ vet from back in the day. Over the years I've fooled around on several emu servers (Shards of Dalaya) and recently was bit by the nostalgia bug and loaded up P99. When logging in I saw a new server list and the Lazarus server and in doing some research found Doc Legendary's YouTube videos which convinced me why I need to play on Laz and 6-Box my own team to scratch that itch! So I'm here to say looking forward to the challenge and trying to get everything set up with MacroQuest and KissAssist and stuff.

That being said, any good suggestions for an easy comp starting brand new? I was a bard main and def want a bard in the mix.

Thanks!

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

That being said, any good suggestions for an easy comp starting brand new? I was a bard main and def want a bard in the mix.

Thanks!
SK, SHAM, BRD, BL, ZERK, PAL(IF you want additional clr buff/heals/cures + melee hybrid/threat tank etc)/ROG/MONK/MAG(for COTH and whatnot and another EM pet class)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG.

Start with this video - https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/

Watch the vids in Sic's signature and then mess around with Kissassist, RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins. Lots of info and videos on them here and a super helpful community when you get stuck. (note that not all tools work on EMU's)

I suggest taking the toons somewhere safe and lower level at first to get your feet wet and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more. (note that not all tools work on EMU's)

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. This community makes the game great again.

Awesome, definitely some great resources to get started I'll check those out! Thanks for the replies. Excited to enjoy the game in a new way!

Awesome, definitely some great resources to get started I'll check those out! Thanks for the replies. Excited to enjoy the game in a new way!
You have enough Red Cents to go to the Red Cent shop and buy yourself a level 2 which will get you some free things. And you can keep earning those very easily to keep your level 2 status.

Welcome back! I too have been gone for a few years and recently returned. This site has given me so much more to enjoy in old content. I am currently running two chars on a truebox server.

Welcome back! I came back about a month ago after being gone for almost 15 years. Redguides has me 6 boxing easier than I ever had. You will love it here.

You have enough Red Cents to go to the Red Cent shop and buy yourself a level 2 which will get you some free things. And you can keep earning those very easily to keep your level 2 status.
Oh that's great! Thanks
Welcome back! I came back about a month ago after being gone for almost 15 years. Redguides has me 6 boxing easier than I ever had. You will love it here.
So far so good, I'm still working out the kinks, but it is definitely a new/enjoyable experience from the old slog back in the day

Toast - Hello / Introduction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back