• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hello i am new (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
207¢
Hello everyone, after a few years break i recently restarted playing EQ and a friend of mine told me about this community, so after few thoughts i decided to join you all here.
I am old and not a native english language speaker so today in the last few hours i have only learned how to use the "chase me" button but i am pretty sure i can improve.
Ok, time to go back to watch again the 5 introductory videos.

Welcome. We are happy to have you! Please ask questions, and def check, and recheck the videos and guides. When you first start, some wont make sense, but after playing around in game, it helps to go back and have that Ahhhh moment. Welcome again! :banjo:

Hello everyone, after a few years break i recently restarted playing EQ and a friend of mine told me about this community, so after few thoughts i decided to join you all here.
I am old and not a native english language speaker so today in the last few hours i have only learned how to use the "chase me" button but i am pretty sure i can improve.

Welcome aboard.

The introduction videos as well as all of Sic’s videos are an excellent resource. Also, do not forget to look through the strategy section of the forum. This community is a huge source of information. Take things at your pace so you do not become overwhelmed. After searching, if you still cannot find an answer, do not hesitate to ask here on the forum or else the discord channel.

Above all else, have fun and enjoy your stay.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Welcome, Once you use MQ you'll wonder how you ever played EQ without it.
gather one of us GIF by South Park

Welcome! And do not hesitate to ask questions and do not worry about a language barrier. Many of us are from different countries or are multilingual and can help you.

These are by far the best and most helpful Everquest forums you will find

Agree with the post above to pace yourself. There is so much you can do in MQ and trying to remember all of the commands can be overwhelming. Start small until you are comfortable with what you are doing and then expand.

welcome!

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Hello again, first of all I want to thank you all for the warm welcome and the encouraging words.
A quick update since yesterday.....after a few unsuccessful attempts I managed to run a full group of low level characters (level 15 now). I am quite happy with my progress and I can't wait to test everything on my level 120 toons.
Besides the ones already in the very vanilla, is there any "must-have" macro I can download?

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

Welcome...wait until you do a multi-key broadcast to your zi bot bard and forget to invis...arriving at your camp with half the dungeon in tow...then you'll be in biz...i call it suicide by train

train GIF

Besides the ones already in the very vanilla, is there any "must-have" macro I can download?
Looting: Lootly
General controls: Button Master LUA

A big help is having your UI set up to facilitate your group. Sic and Kaen have provided a Zilz custom UI here somewhere.

After you have looting and hotkeys/UI set up for playing as a group-commander, then you can see what else you need to play how you want.

All of Sic's guides for setting up and controlling your group(s) are extremely helpful.

Last edited:
IRL - Hello i am new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back