• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - hello everyone (1 Viewer)

Biggles

RedCents
243¢
Hi ive been playing for about the past 3 years on coirnav since planes of power and recently decided to leave and go to live ive noticed that grouping and everything like that is a whole load diffrent and was interested in boxing! i dont know yet if i want to spend money still trying to decide. was very interested in the very vanilla looks really cool and its my first experience at this stuff and im really tech dumb mainly came on today to ask if people think its good or not and mainly just say hello

Hi ive been playing for about the past 3 years on coirnav since planes of power and recently decided to leave and go to live ive noticed that grouping and everything like that is a whole load diffrent and was interested in boxing! i dont know yet if i want to spend money still trying to decide. was very interested in the very vanilla looks really cool and its my first experience at this stuff and im really tech dumb mainly came on today to ask if people think its good or not and mainly just say hello
howdy Biggles!

Welcome to redguides!

I'll hit you with a 30 day so you can check out Very Vanilla.

make sure you start > HERE <

Welcome Biggles, hope you get a good start, dont worry so much about learning everything in 10 minutes, you wont, but just take it slow and try things out and dont be afraid to ask for help, specially on our discord, that is fairly active with tons of crazy people that all want to help and have fun.

Welcome Biggles, hope you get a good start, dont worry so much about learning everything in 10 minutes, you wont, but just take it slow and try things out and dont be afraid to ask for help, specially on our discord, that is fairly active with tons of crazy people that all want to help and have fun.
that was my current thought process just very overwhelming lol gonna mess around with just two boxing for right now follow the tutorial videos and mess around ask a couple questions here and there

that was my current thought process just very overwhelming lol gonna mess around with just two boxing for right now follow the tutorial videos and mess around ask a couple questions here and there

Ah yes that's how it starts and before you know it becomes a group of 6, a few months later 4 full specialized groups, then "hmm wonder if I can man a raid force?"

Welcome, and GL and mostly have fun!

Once you get the hang of two boxing you'll be on your way to adding more. It's a lot of fun to see what you can take down.

It’s worth it if you want to spend even more time in EQ. Hope your not married or have kids. 😂 /s

Honestly I couldn’t play EQ with out it. (Again) I too was on coirnav and I was missing MQ so badly. When Rizlona came out it tempted over with my new limited play time.

I only started after phinny went live. I can’t see going back. Kissaasist works great once you find or set up the ini right for your toon. And having played with CWTN mage plug-in I am now using his for the nage and tank.
I would strongly say try different things form ini to plug-ins and see what works best for your stile. It takes time to get up to speed but it’s well worth it. Also posting and contribute if can get you red cents and those can pay for the access instead of cash.

Welcome Biggles. Don't worry this is by far one of the best communities i've run across. Ask away in terms of questions, nothing but a bunch of amazing people on these forums.

WTF OP is literally me. Just saw a video about kiss assist and found this website. I've never used 3rd party tools before and dont want to invest just yet. Wish there was a free trial.

It’s worth it if you want to spend even more time in EQ. Hope your not married or have kids. 😂 /s

Honestly I couldn’t play EQ with out it. (Again) I too was on coirnav and I was missing MQ so badly. When Rizlona came out it tempted over with my new limited play time.

Yeah its hard playing EQ without MQ2. When my wife plays with me (and I met her on this game) we play on Mischief.... no MQ2 - its rough. When she doesn't play with me - I do Rizlona and its a lot easier.

Yeah its hard playing EQ without MQ2. When my wife plays with me (and I met her on this game) we play on Mischief.... no MQ2 - its rough. When she doesn't play with me - I do Rizlona and its a lot easier.
As a new member is there any thing I can use or do I need to post until I hit the next forum level?

As a new member is there any thing I can use or do I need to post until I hit the next forum level?

I just gifted you Level2 access for a month - have fun!! In the future - if you participate in the forums - you can get redcents from others that can pay for your level2. Be sure to redcent other posts you feel are useful!

Last edited:
I just gifted you Level2 access for a month - have fun!! In the future - if you participate in the forums - you can get redcents from others that can pay for your level2. Be sure to redcent other posts you feel are useful!
wow thank you. I'll be checking it out tonight.

wow thank you. I'll be checking it out tonight.

@Emtown in case you didn’t see @Sic ‘s post above, watch the videos he made. The link is below.
Watch them, then start installing. Watch them again. There is a slight learning curve but well worth the time. As others have stated. You will be running 6 in no time. Take it slow, ask questions, and WATCH THE VIDEOS!!!

I can tell yah I was kinda wondering if it was worth the money to box, I would say YES, I have been having ALOT more fun with a full group, VERY VANILLA makes things easier then tryn to run all 6 guys yourself. I would HIGHLY recommend you try this do the free to play and see what you think, it has changed my whole attitude about the game. Be well and be safe

Red cents man, 😁 As you learn and progress through stuff you will find posts that are helpful or funny and you can give them red cents. This in turn earns you some but does not come out of your total red cents .

You also can make posts and others will give you red cents.

You can do a search on red cents and there are a lot of posts all about them but that is kinda of them in a nutshell

You can buy forum level 2 each month with the red cents you earn.

You can also just outright buy red cents.

RedCents are a great way to get started - this site has amazing folks, and just introducing yourself is usually enough to get a month of level 2. And you don't need to be an expert - just asking questions is often enough to earn.

As a plug, if you do decide to use VV (and you will ;)) and are in a position to do so, make sure to tip the dev's or do a paid subscription. As others have stated, I can't imagine playing without MQ2 and I would hate for it to fade for lack of support.

Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, and I started with just one account, quickly upgraded to three within the day I started - and now today (less than 1 month later) I'm at 6. It's addictive, makes the game a LOT of fun, and like everyone else has said, if I can't use MQ I'll probably just go on my way because it changes gameplay that much and makes it so much more enjoyable. There IS a learning curve, but also lots of people around to answer every question imaginable. I highly suggest just diving right in.
Have fun!

Update, I have my 5 box to level 11. been playing on and off. Messing around with the KA ini files.
I am running War, Monk, Wiz, Cleric, Shaman for no particular reason. I am using the ini files for lvl 10 for each class on the forum.

A few issues I am having:
1. My buffers are buffing everyone but my war. I think its related to him not using KA himself. When I try to use it it says to target the main tank which my warrior is. I noticed if I target my tank merc and load kissassist then my other chars will buff me.

2. My buffers are buffing everyone with full buffs causing them to stay oom. I noticed some had spells with the "|ma" after them. Is that how to only buff the main assist?

3. Also I noticed if my spell gems arent set exactly how they are in the ini file then the wizard doesnt do anything but keep the tank with a DS, no nukes.

When I load in I generally /bcaa //target ME then /bcaa //mac kissassist

See buffs of all chars. The most right one is the main tank.
noBuffs.PNG

Last edited:
Greetings. Lets see if we can get this thing going for ya.... Question are all the characters using KissAssist or just some of them? Lets look at your tank first and get him working. First off (level 11 Warrior) is your tank and the Monk is what role?

Greetings. Lets see if we can get this thing going for ya.... Question are all the characters using KissAssist or just some of them? Lets look at your tank first and get him working. First off (level 11 Warrior) is your tank and the Monk is what role?
Monk is just DPS, everyone is using KA. My tank is MA/MT/Puller atm. If I am targetted as the kissassist (the warrior) then the monk and wizard work 100%. The shaman and cleric will heal me but not buff me.

If I target the tank merc and do the kiss assist command on everyone then everyone works and the Warrior gets buffed.

The Warrior of the group. Is he supposed to run kissassist? If so when I target myself and do /mac kissassist it gives me errors
KA.PNG

I might just delete the ini files and start from scratch. The ones I am using are a year old so maybe they are wonky. I will probably read more about them as well. I only watched a few youtube videos and jumped in.

Cool! Okay lets start with this first.. I take it you are using EQBC to send commands to your group. 1. When you log in your characters do they form a group? (setting up MQ2AutoGroup and MQ2AutoAccept) Does the group form up?

2. Type this in your chat... /autogroup status -----> this will show your group members in the MQ window. Are they all there? If not let me know and we will get the group going so you can log them all on and form up.

yes they form a eqbc group upon logging in. I do have to invite them manually to form a group in game though. i can send commands to all using the /bcaa command.

/autogroup status command doesnt work in eq chat box or mq2 box

i usually login. i have an in game macro that sends the invites to everyone then I run the command /bcaa //invite WARRIORNAME and it makes them form a group.

Need a lot more fingers on my hands to count the number of time I watched that Video. After watching it if you have questions ask either I or Sic will be here to help... I am currently redoing all My hot keys so they work with the Cwtn plugins and KissAssist characters...

ok then yup, it means you didn't have mq2autogroup loaded, which also means it isn't setup

it might help you to check this out, I go over MQ2AutoGroup, MQ2AutoAccept, MQ2Yes

I will watch it again. I've never seen this video. Thank you for sharing. Its just so wierd that if I do /mac kissassist while targeting the my merc on my warrior then BOOM everyone starts buffing me even tho they still have the warrior as the kiss assist person. thank you and I will update what part I was missing.

Question - hello everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back