• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Having 2 macros for one toon (1 Viewer)

RedCents
372¢
Hello,
Here is another silly question. My tank is also my puller. After a wipe or a "OH SHIT" wizzy escape, the pally tries to run back to where he was pulling. Usually I just stop the macro and run him back to the "herd" and have to manually buff him. But i just want to eliminate having to open his ini file and change his roll. I found that changing from pullertank to tank and then running then he will buff normally and then I can run him and the herd to camp, then change his INI to pullertank and everything works fine, until the next wipe/escape,

So I have in the macro dir "KissAssist_<toon name>.mac", this works just fine. I want to be able to have a macro in-game that will load "KissAssist_<toon name>-tank.mac" and "KissAssist_<toon name>-pullertank.mac" . I get the error message "cannot open macro file <filepath where the macros are>. I do understand that you can only have one macro running at a time.
So if anyone could help this computer illiterate with this would be awesome. Thx

Hello,
Here is another silly question. My tank is also my puller. After a wipe or a "OH SHIT" wizzy escape, the pally tries to run back to where he was pulling. Usually I just stop the macro and run him back to the "herd" and have to manually buff him. But i just want to eliminate having to open his ini file and change his roll. I found that changing from pullertank to tank and then running then he will buff normally and then I can run him and the herd to camp, then change his INI to pullertank and everything works fine, until the next wipe/escape,

So I have in the macro dir "KissAssist_<toon name>.mac", this works just fine. I want to be able to have a macro in-game that will load "KissAssist_<toon name>-tank.mac" and "KissAssist_<toon name>-pullertank.mac" . I get the error message "cannot open macro file <filepath where the macros are>. I do understand that you can only have one macro running at a time.
So if anyone could help this computer illiterate with this would be awesome. Thx
if you are literally just wanting to change the role, you can specify this when you start the macro using the same ini

let me explain

You have your ini - inside the ini it has Role=Tank

you have 2 social hotkeys

Pullertank = /mac kissassist pullertank
Reg Tank = /mac kissassist tank

These will ignore the role inside the ini and run the role that is specified in the macro parameter

That is awesome. I will see if that does what I want it to next time my toons wipe / escape.
Oh btw I found an interesting little glitch. my tank was tanking...my wizzy pulled aggro, my tank stopped tanking and watched my wizzy die. then my cleric, then shaman then chanter... I found out why was because the mob was on xtarget 1, but I saw when I ran the macro that the autohater had selected xtargets 5-9. so I turned off xtargets and BAM!!!!! tank was tanking again, even if wizzy pulled aggro.
SO yes, I am learning.

Could also put in a group check for end, so if your tank dies he will wait until his end is full. In the mean time, your group will buff him. Maybe set the end check to 10 or something, so using breather won’t affect downtime

INI:
/mac kissassist ini KissAssist_<toon name>.mac
/mac kissassist ini KissAssist_<toon name>-pullertank.mac

If you have 2 totally different setups that you want to use.
It is the same setup....just that when my wizzy uses exodus to escape....my pally just runs to start pulling....and invariably trains mobs....but the solution Sic came up with eliminates that. He runs a little bit and then I hit the social..and BAM...no trains or deaths

Holy convoluted! Alot of times I see the subject line and start from the last post and scan my way up, not sure why, I just do. This particular made me dizzy lol!

Question - Having 2 macros for one toon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back