• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Group makeup (1 Viewer)

jsantoli

RedCents
241¢
Here is my set up. For you experienced boxers what do you think is best?

Sk
Cleric
Zerker
Wiz
Mage or bst
Ench or Bard

I also have a rogue on another account if you guys think he should be in there. Curious what you all think

Here is my set up. For you experienced boxers what do you think is best?

Sk
Cleric
Zerker
Wiz
Mage or bst
Ench or Bard

I also have a rogue on another account if you guys think he should be in there. Curious what you all think
as always - go with what you enjoy over anything.

having said that, I personally pair bards with melee, and enchanters with caster dps

as long as you have your bases coverd (real tank -sk, pal, war, real healer - clr, shm, and real cc - bard for melee pref and ench for caster pref --- the CC is negotiable

I used to pettank, until my goals changed to wanting to do missions and progression - then i got a "real tank" and then i eventually drove and "mained" that tank. --- things change depending on your goals, expectations, and what you consider fun.

Since zerkers are such fotm atm, I would do sk, cler, zerk, bst, bard, rog

I find the enchanter is better cc than the bard and I am split because I would either run sk cler zerk wiz bard bst, or, sk cler zerk wiz mage ench. I think the latter would be better

I find the enchanter is better cc than the bard and I am split because I would either run sk cler zerk wiz bard bst, or, sk cler zerk wiz mage ench. I think the latter would be better
you'll be fine with any of those setups since you have the bases covered, imo - there are quite a few who prefer enchanters for their larger CC toolkit, and they complete content just fine

I generally run a chanter even though my group is mostly melee - SK/clr/ench/zerk/rog/bst. Is my dps higher when I swap ench for bard? Yes. Do I still have plenty of dps to complete all group lvl content with my enchanter? Sure do. And I don’t sweat it when I ‘accidentally’ pull a mass of even con mobs cause I know my chanter girl is gonna lock em down and line em up for the rest to slay 😉

and any idea where in the ini I would adjust if my chanter doesn't have a 13th spell gem? the ini I use is trying ot use that for buffs but he doesn't have it so he keeps searching for it and doesn't buff

and any idea where in the ini I would adjust if my chanter doesn't have a 13th spell gem? the ini I use is trying ot use that for buffs but he doesn't have it so he keeps searching for it and doesn't buff
MiscGem= and MiscGemLW= tell KA what spell gem to use for buffs. The "LW" is for buffs that have a long refresh time because we don't want the macro to wait around for the spell gem to refresh after memorizing the spell. Don't set these 2 values to use the same spell slot.

Might replace Monk with:
Druid för ports, evac and backup healer.
Zerker för more DPS.
But I guess you use Monk for pulling and would loose fd with above.
Maby a bard for pulling and buffs?

MiscGem= and MiscGemLW= tell KA what spell gem to use for buffs. The "LW" is for buffs that have a long refresh time because we don't want the macro to wait around for the spell gem to refresh after memorizing the spell. Don't set these 2 values to use the same spell slot.

How does KA know which of my buffs are LW? I gave my casters a MiscGemLW, but they never use it. Instead certain buffs are never cast because they are memmed over before being cast because they take too long to refresh.

I see. The specific spell which is giving me trouble has a recast of 30 seconds, but it is often un-memmed before it is ready to be cast. I haven't been observant enough to notice if the problem always happens or not.

Request - Group makeup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back