• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Group makeup (2 Viewers)

jsantoli

RedCents
241¢
Here is my set up. For you experienced boxers what do you think is best?

Sk
Cleric
Zerker
Wiz
Mage or bst
Ench or Bard

I also have a rogue on another account if you guys think he should be in there. Curious what you all think

I generally run a chanter even though my group is mostly melee - SK/clr/ench/zerk/rog/bst. Is my dps higher when I swap ench for bard? Yes. Do I still have plenty of dps to complete all group lvl content with my enchanter? Sure do. And I don’t sweat it when I ‘accidentally’ pull a mass of even con mobs cause I know my chanter girl is gonna lock em down and line em up for the rest to slay 😉

Here is my set up. For you experienced boxers what do you think is best?

Sk
Cleric
Zerker
Wiz
Mage or bst
Ench or Bard

I also have a rogue on another account if you guys think he should be in there. Curious what you all think
as always - go with what you enjoy over anything.

having said that, I personally pair bards with melee, and enchanters with caster dps

as long as you have your bases coverd (real tank -sk, pal, war, real healer - clr, shm, and real cc - bard for melee pref and ench for caster pref --- the CC is negotiable

I used to pettank, until my goals changed to wanting to do missions and progression - then i got a "real tank" and then i eventually drove and "mained" that tank. --- things change depending on your goals, expectations, and what you consider fun.

Since zerkers are such fotm atm, I would do sk, cler, zerk, bst, bard, rog

I find the enchanter is better cc than the bard and I am split because I would either run sk cler zerk wiz bard bst, or, sk cler zerk wiz mage ench. I think the latter would be better

I find the enchanter is better cc than the bard and I am split because I would either run sk cler zerk wiz bard bst, or, sk cler zerk wiz mage ench. I think the latter would be better
you'll be fine with any of those setups since you have the bases covered, imo - there are quite a few who prefer enchanters for their larger CC toolkit, and they complete content just fine

and any idea where in the ini I would adjust if my chanter doesn't have a 13th spell gem? the ini I use is trying ot use that for buffs but he doesn't have it so he keeps searching for it and doesn't buff

and any idea where in the ini I would adjust if my chanter doesn't have a 13th spell gem? the ini I use is trying ot use that for buffs but he doesn't have it so he keeps searching for it and doesn't buff
MiscGem= and MiscGemLW= tell KA what spell gem to use for buffs. The "LW" is for buffs that have a long refresh time because we don't want the macro to wait around for the spell gem to refresh after memorizing the spell. Don't set these 2 values to use the same spell slot.

Might replace Monk with:
Druid för ports, evac and backup healer.
Zerker för more DPS.
But I guess you use Monk for pulling and would loose fd with above.
Maby a bard for pulling and buffs?

MiscGem= and MiscGemLW= tell KA what spell gem to use for buffs. The "LW" is for buffs that have a long refresh time because we don't want the macro to wait around for the spell gem to refresh after memorizing the spell. Don't set these 2 values to use the same spell slot.

How does KA know which of my buffs are LW? I gave my casters a MiscGemLW, but they never use it. Instead certain buffs are never cast because they are memmed over before being cast because they take too long to refresh.

I see. The specific spell which is giving me trouble has a recast of 30 seconds, but it is often un-memmed before it is ready to be cast. I haven't been observant enough to notice if the problem always happens or not.

Request - Group makeup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back