• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Grikkor 6 man team (1 Viewer)

RedCents
406¢
Currently I have a SK/Mage/Bard and im looking to add in a cleric/berserker, I was wondering what other suggestions people have for the 6th, in tov the SK can slow and I have been doing tofs etc prior to finding this amazing MQ2 program, just considering what would be best to complete the group and also if its possible to down grikkor in one go with such a setup?

Currently I have a SK/Mage/Bard and im looking to add in a cleric/berserker, I was wondering what other suggestions people have for the 6th, in tov the SK can slow and I have been doing tofs etc prior to finding this amazing MQ2 program, just considering what would be best to complete the group and also if its possible to down grikkor in one go with such a setup?

I was able to 1 drop griklor at 110 (110 not 115) with sk, clr, brd, zerk, zerk bst with a mix of tov t1 and heroic gear (they had 60-75% of aas for 110).

many group setups can 1 drop grik at 115 with appropriate gear/AAs

if you're doing tofs no problem, i would just add in another high dps toon - since you already have a bard for adps, and 1 zerk, I, personally, would add a second zerk.

have a couple of grik videos in my sig (pre-nerf and post nerf) with my warrior/clr/bard/zerk/zerk/bst setup --- SK brings a whole bunch of crazy burst dps to the table and i wouldn't have been able to do it with a 110 crew without the sk

I was able to 1 drop griklor at 110 (110 not 115) with sk, clr, brd, zerk, zerk bst with a mix of tov t1 and heroic gear (they had 60-75% of aas for 110).

many group setups can 1 drop grik at 115 with appropriate gear/AAs

if you're doing tofs no problem, i would just add in another high dps toon - since you already have a bard for adps, and 1 zerk, I, personally, would add a second zerk.

have a couple of grik videos in my sig (pre-nerf and post nerf)
Those are the videos I watched which convinced me I needed more zerkers :) I do have a 110 ranger that I could add in, How do Monks compared to Zerkers in the dps department?

That is insane that you took them down that fast at 110 tho! Guessing the AA's pay a big part of it.

Those are the videos I watched which convinced me I needed more zerkers :) I do have a 110 ranger that I could add in, How do Monks compared to Zerkers in the dps department?

That is insane that you took them down that fast at 110 tho! Guessing the AA's pay a big part of it.
yeah, however they weren't max AA'd for their lvl, just about 60/75% of the way which does mean they have a good chunk of their "important" AAs.

keep in mind as new content comes out its progressively adding on things - so if you roll into 115 with zero gear and zero aas, life is a bit tough (as you probably know since you're already killing in tofs).

I def prefer zerk over monk, even if monk is "cooler". with 2 zerkers you can actually trigger alliance when they fire their little doppleganger dudes - so 2 is great.

best burn I've had on griklor so far (that i had parsed) was 6.0m group sdps in 12s

I've come very close to one dropping Grik with just Ranger (manually played), SK, chanter + mercs. - Pick any dps class you like and you'll have no issue with it at 115.

Honestly, with that crew, I'm backing the beastlord with those guys. It has slows covered for the future when not everything is undead. Great adps, good personal dps, lots of extra mana regen.

Played by hand, a ranger would be a pretty good addition, but they aren't played particularly well by the existing macros or plugins and I would not say the same thing about beast. (Not that you wouldn't get anything out of them, just that I think you'll have a better time with something else)

Honestly, though... Any other class can work with that crew. If you think you want a druid on backup heals and dps, go for it. You might even be pleasantly surprised.

I usually run at him with War, Zerk, Rng, Mage, Bard, Shm - down in 20 secs

I'd add a Shaman rather than Cleric - everyone will benefit from it, even the Mage (swarms gobble up that haste aura)

(On Grik) ... With a decently geared SK you could probably just drop the cleric entirely and shield flash + deflection + epic 2.0 + leechcurse your way through the fight. Then you can add a 5th dps toon.

FUCKIN YOLO!!!

I’ve done Griklor and the GD mission without a healer with SK. And my SK is just in ToV tier3 group gear. I’ve also survived finishing Kael with Avatar at 70% when cleric died. SK really lessens the healing power needed for shortish term fights and such. They have enough tools and self healing to really power through some stuff.

Are you running this mage in a 6 box with high dps toons like Zerkers ?

I don't see how you can sustain 350k dps with KA when the mobs last 9-15 seconds tops.

Just trying to get an idea for the situation.
Often War, Zerk, Rng, Mage, Bard, Shm but also run with War, Mage, Wiz, Shm, Bard, Rng - the average doesn't change much either way, she accounts for around 30% of the groups damage

50 mob parse - Combined: in 1565s, 1,976.9m @1263184sdps | #1 Magician + pets 578.2m@(369.7k dps in 1564s) [29.25%]

Last edited:
Any idea why i spam giant modulation shard? Same problem i have with all Mage ini
just as a followup since we got luscian sorted on discord

the kiss summon thing is spellname|summon|itemItSummons

so depending on your rank

Rank 1
Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Small Modulation Shard|1

Rank 2
Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Medium Modulation Shard|1

Rank 3
Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Large Modulation Shard|1

Rank 4
Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Giant Modulation Shard|1

Rank 5