• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Greetings long lost adventurers! (1 Viewer)

Nostuine

RedCents
322Ā¢
Greetings folks, Long time vacation from the game. Back in the day I used to manual 2 box SK/Shaman Solo play or Rogue/Shaman in groups. Been many years but decided to come check out the game as it sits, Started a Bard to see how things went for the first time in many years. Got to thinking I would really like to 2 box perhaps 2 or 3 again and Redguides came up as some of the first returns from Google searches. Though I must admit I am still learning all the different terms in game/and all the Boxing Software. So alot to learn and alot more to read. Thanks for having these utilities available.
-Nost

Still learning all the new names I need to understand for Mboxing. Kiss refers to Kissassist and RG something to do with mercs? Sorry very new to the lingo as I just started reading about 3 hours ago! Still pretty lost as I cant seem to down load the program here as I am not of appropriate level it seems.

Still learning all the new names I need to understand for Mboxing. Kiss refers to Kissassist and RG something to do with mercs? Sorry very new to the lingo as I just started reading about 3 hours ago! Still pretty lost as I cant seem to down load the program here as I am not of appropriate level it seems.
RG is "RedGuides" which is this site. RGMercs is an automation suite that handles various classes "RG Mercs" intended to run your boxed toons like hired mercenaries

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

RG is "RedGuides" which is this site. RGMercs is an automation suite that handles various classes "RG Mercs" intended to run your boxed toons like hired mercenaries

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

Yes I just finished watching them. Was attempting to follow through with the video #1, but need level 2 to download so followed instructions said to post and say hello. Appreciate you clarifying the shortnames for me. Little confusing when watching videos on Mboxing, and class information all while downloading maps/meshes and trying to figure out how to arrange the UI again. Ahh so much to remember/learn again.

Yes I just finished watching them. Was attempting to follow through with the video #1, but need level 2 to download so followed instructions said to post and say hello. Appreciate you clarifying the shortnames for me. Little confusing when watching videos on Mboxing, and class information all while downloading maps/meshes and trying to figure out how to arrange the UI again. Ahh so much to remember/learn again.
definitely give yourself time to digest - EQ is already a bloated game with a lot of complicated nuance - add MQ on top of it and you can easily feel overwhelmed

There is a lot to (re)learn. Couple points for making your new characters in game:

if they are on separate accounts then make them a few days apart. Otherwise if you make to many accounts (3 or more) in a day or two they will require you to put a security phone number on your account. Not a big deal but its unsettling. I have used the same email for all of my accounts (way more than 20) but others say to use a different email.

Don't forget to download new maps. The only two map makers everyone uses are Goods Map and Brewells maps

Now for us:

On Red Guides there is a ton of goodies you can get free if you are "Level 2" and you can get level 2 by using red cents.

How that works is once you are level 2 and you find posts you like then you can click the the red cent icon in lower right - this gives the person who made the post some red cents and gives you some too. They do not take away from your total.

Once you earn 50 red cents then you go to the red cents shop and "buy" your level 2 each month using the red cents you earned.

If you post a topic that is cool, or of interest or contributes and others like it then they give YOU red cents and you build up more that way.
Even basic topics like how to work a certain camp or good places to farm or tips you have discovered can be fruitful and earn them.

There are some free things with level 2 so check it all out!!!

Welcome!!

Ps I gave you your first red cent. You will never forget me.

There is a lot to (re)learn. Couple points for making your new characters in game:

if they are on separate accounts then make them a few days apart. Otherwise if you make to many accounts (3 or more) in a day or two they will require you to put a security phone number on your account. Not a big deal but its unsettling. I have used the same email for all of my accounts (way more than 20) but others say to use a different email.
Interesting Point, Thankfully I already have 3 accounts, 2 were from original days of paid stuff. and 1 was a f2p account from 2013ish or so. So I have at least 3 accounts atm. 1 with 8 characters, 1 with 6, and one F2p with 2.

Don't forget to download new maps. The only two map makers everyone uses are Goods Map and Brewells maps

Done and done, was able to download maps_20231123 already and installed. Also started with Drakah UI stuff, as the basic UI was just not for me =)

Now for us:

On Red Guides there is a ton of goodies you can get free if you are "Level 2" and you can get level 2 by using red cents.

How that works is once you are level 2 and you find posts you like then you can click the the red cent icon in lower right - this gives the person who made the post some red cents and gives you some too. They do not take away from your total.

Once you earn 50 red cents then you go to the red cents shop and "buy" your level 2 each month using the red cents you earned.

If you post a topic that is cool, or of interest or contributes and others like it then they give YOU red cents and you build up more that way.
Even basic topics like how to work a certain camp or good places to farm or tips you have discovered can be fruitful and earn them.

There are some free things with level 2 so check it all out!!!

Welcome!!
Ahh thanks much in explaining this, I wasnt sure how much or how long it was going to take. As I am still trying to determine if I needed, ISBoxer or if this solution was better. Not knowing all the lingo I have started watching all vids/forums.

Ps I gave you your first red cent. You will never forget me.
Thanks! Appreciate the consolidated review of how this redcent stuff works.

If you're interested in trying level two, then you can stop in the redcent store as mentioned in the previous post. You can find that at the top right hand corner of your screen.
1700792683852.png
If you click "RedCent Shop" you can then look at the stuff you can purchase with Redcents, which includes a 1 month sub to Redguides. You already have enough to get 3 months.
1700792736969.png
Just hit the purchase button on "One Month of Level 2 Access" and add it to your cart.

1700792775153.png
Then at the left panel you should see the things in your cart, and have the option to "View Cart / Checkout" which I recommend doing. I mean, it's essentially free for you at the moment.
Then you can try out Redguides and see if it's the right fit for you or not.

If you're interested in trying level two, then you can stop in the redcent store as mentioned in the previous post. You can find that at the top right hand corner of your screen.
View attachment 53512
If you click "RedCent Shop" you can then look at the stuff you can purchase with Redcents, which includes a 1 month sub to Redguides. You already have enough to get 3 months.
View attachment 53513
Just hit the purchase button on "One Month of Level 2 Access" and add it to your cart.

View attachment 53514
Then at the left panel you should see the things in your cart, and have the option to "View Cart / Checkout" which I recommend doing. I mean, it's essentially free for you at the moment.
Then you can try out Redguides and see if it's the right fit for you or not.
Noice! Thank you I hadnt realized that as I was busy reading, class guides, leveling guides, trying to figure out all this ** new ** information to me =) . Thanks much for the pointer.

Yerp you were absolutely correct Sir/Ma'am thanks kindly for pointing out I could advance. Looking forward to playing with this mboxing stuffs. Thanks all for getting me rolling. =)

Just a question on ease or setup configurations. If I was thinking of 3 or 6 party mboxing. Would there be any advantage to having them split to say 2 computers instead of just the one?
i.e.
3 Characters/3 Accounts/(2) computers or would it be better/not better to do 6 Characters/6 Accounts on (1) computer? Pros/Cons?

I prefer all 6 on one myself. Easier to manage =)

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

I prefer all 6 on one myself. Easier to manage =)

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.
Right on! Sounds like Solid Advice. Laid out party for now and starting revamps of all new characters, till I can swap in my higher level AA folks. Thats an entire different discussion as I know there were optimal grouping levels, but I havent found a post on that yet. Yeah I used to manually 2 box with SK/Sham or Rog/Sham so I am pretty used to that, but relearning all the game changes, added with mercs and mbox on one PC gonna be a bit of a learning curve to setup I am sure. I will get there though. Just trying to learn enough so I dont make mistakes in layout of accounts/PCs etc. Thanks much for the progression order of automation. Appreciate it!

Interesting Point, Thankfully I already have 3 accounts, 2 were from original days of paid stuff. and 1 was a f2p account from 2013ish or so. So I have at least 3 accounts atm. 1 with 8 characters, 1 with 6, and one F2p with 2.

Done and done, was able to download maps_20231123 already and installed. Also started with Drakah UI stuff, as the basic UI was just not for me =)

Ahh thanks much in explaining this, I wasnt sure how much or how long it was going to take. As I am still trying to determine if I needed, ISBoxer or if this solution was better. Not knowing all the lingo I have started watching all vids/forums.

ISBoxer offers some quality and very useable software for Everquest. But honestly you're gonna find RG puts it to sleep. Add to that the vast assortment of goodies available only with RedGuides that can help you do almost anything in game. Remember any 3rd party software is frowned apron and may cause a suspension or banning per Everquest. But play the game (not AFK CAMPING), be nice to others and you'll have no problems. This is a fantastically knowledgeable group of players, devs., and generally decent peoples. Welcome to the fun. Read lots, and ask many questions, its all about learning.

Just a question on ease or setup configurations. If I was thinking of 3 or 6 party mboxing. Would there be any advantage to having them split to say 2 computers instead of just the one?
i.e.
3 Characters/3 Accounts/(2) computers or would it be better/not better to do 6 Characters/6 Accounts on (1) computer? Pros/Cons?
It depends on what avenue you decide to go down.
If you're playing all toons on the same computer the cwtn plugins are an option for you. If you're not then the plugins are not really a good match.
With EQBC/Dannet options you can console toons via commands from any one computer over your local network, meaning you'll be able to send commands to remote characters on another computer. With that said you can also send those commands to characters on the same computer.
I prefer 1 computer. It's 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 taskbar to quickly look and choose the appropriate character for a situation. Navigating characters on an alternate system can be a chore, especially when there isn't an automated solution to what you're trying to achieve.
If you're trying to pick between 3 and 6, it's best to go straight to 6. I did 3, then decided to add a 4th, then a 5th, and finally a 6th. Going back to level the last 3 individually was a chore. Best to just start the first full group now as opposed to repeating things over and over again.

Iā€™m new to the boxing thing. I would recommend trying the very vanilla mq on test server. Has everything included, plus plugins. So you can try everything out before you buy for the live servers. Itā€™s crazy, the plug-ins play like real players. Enchanter is crazy good at doing its job. I believe bard is only class without plug-in.

Just make a six character crew and play on one comp.

There are 5 or 6 vids by cwtn on YouTube redguides that are short but very important. Sicā€™s vid on autogrouping, auto yes, and autoaccept is very good. After that I just put all but the driver toon on chase (itā€™s a drop down menuā€¦easy to find), and that worked for me. That way doesnā€™t work for classic split pulling but the chanter is up for the challenge.

Sicā€™s hotkey setup is very good, but I havenā€™t deep dived into it yet, because Iā€™m just feeling things out slowly atm. But thatā€™s my next project.

There is one downside. I really donā€™t know the classes the plug-ins manage, because I donā€™t have to. I just give them the spells they ask for and deck them out with gear. They just do their thing. But I definitely could not manually take over their character.

At the moment Iā€™m testing out my second crew on test.

Greetings folks, Long time vacation from the game. Back in the day I used to manual 2 box SK/Shaman Solo play or Rogue/Shaman in groups. Been many years but decided to come check out the game as it sits, Started a Bard to see how things went for the first time in many years. Got to thinking I would really like to 2 box perhaps 2 or 3 again and Redguides came up as some of the first returns from Google searches. Though I must admit I am still learning all the different terms in game/and all the Boxing Software. So alot to learn and alot more to read. Thanks for having these utilities available.
-Nost
My friend you came to the right place. For so many reasons. Great tools and resources. Great minds but mostly great people.

Thanks all for tips suggestions and pros and cons. I have started to cull the heard on 2 accounts to allow for new alts. Going through bank items not being sure what to scrub and what not to has been time consuming. But I got all accounts up and running, and have started my journey. I am sure I will have lots of questions. But thanks much everyone for getting me started!

There are 5 or 6 vids by cwtn on YouTube redguides that are short but very important. Sicā€™s vid on autogrouping, auto yes, and autoaccept is very good. After that I just put all but the driver toon on chase (itā€™s a drop down menuā€¦easy to find), and that worked for me. That way doesnā€™t work for classic split pulling but the chanter is up for the challenge.
Righto I have watched those videos and started watching others. As well as looking over the ini files myself to understand as much as I can.
Very interesting stuff this is considering I used to do this all by hand on a second machine. Lol

Discussion - Greetings long lost adventurers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back