• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Greetings All! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
342¢
Howdie kids,
Old fart returning to EQ just for fun. Played way way back; Beta-2004ish (on Xev in Sovereign's Might guild doing top tier raids, which was pretty much ToV and some new areas that I forget the name of when I quit). I 3-boxed on two desktops and a laptop back then, primarily just when grinding xp and for giving transpo to guildies for raids (with my non-raiding alt druid). So I'm pretty excited to continue that with MUCH improved software to support it, ala MQ.

Signed up for an annual sub here, and have been skulking about the forum/resources for a few days now and have a rough 6 character setup going. Thinking my aim is to focus on Lua scripting and trying my hand at making my own routines (which, to me, is a BIG part of the "fun" of it).

Anywho, just popping by to say "hi". So glad I found RedGuides.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

LmdpZg.jpeg

Welcome aboard.

As mentioned, check out the New/Returning Player videos and guides. Also, Sic has excellent videos he links in his signature as well as a guide for setting up hotkeys. I would also check looking over the Strategy sub-forum as well as the Plugin sub-forum. If you decide to automate part of your EQ experience, keep in mind that only one macro other than MQ can run at the same time, but the only limit on running plug-ins or Lua scripts is your computer system resources.

This is a very helpful community so if you can't readily find the answer to a problem/issue/challenge/concern, don't be afraid to ask.

Be well. Welcome back to obsession we call Everquest.

Welcome back. It's nice to see how people are coming back, even though so many years have passed.

IRL - Greetings All!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back