• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Graphics question, not bot (1 Viewer)

Hillbilly69

RedCents
35¢
Hello, My game messes up if I do not have shadows enabled, blurry sharp lines like pixel hell, I am not sure how to solve this issue. I can run fine for a few days then it happens all over again and again.
I have 2.0 clicked on, post effect clicked on,stream items on, I turn off shadows and kabaaam distortion acid trip city

Updated drivers?
yes they are, I think it is not a hardware problem, more like an in game one?
I did not suffer this issue on my other monitor if I would run a different resolution, just an odd quirk I am trying to repair, i think in game but idk

resolution this monitor is 1366x768 other monitor reso was 1080

Last edited:
Yes I had to download that on new pc I built or the game will freeze at server select screen. Thanks all, yes it is a strange hiccup, it also may be a hardware problem after all. I did have an alienware laptop that the gpu was dying create similar lines like the shaders were stretched into long triangle shapes.

Try pressing the graphics card into the socket and check it is in fully. Make sure you power down and earth yourself first, or wear an anti static glove. I had a similar issue once and something made me try that and it worked. Also maybe wiggle the cables and see if the screen flickers. It could just be a loose connection or something.

Try pressing the graphics card into the socket and check it is in fully. Make sure you power down and earth yourself first, or wear an anti static glove. I had a similar issue once and something made me try that and it worked. Also maybe wiggle the cables and see if the screen flickers. It could just be a loose connection or something.
The cable is wobbly and very loose, it has only one screw left on the inside connector, it looks like they used a half height gpu connector on a full size card. Very cheaply made, anyhow it may be the culprit thanks. I will post a picture when I can showing the shoddy workmanship.

IRL - Graphics question, not bot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back