• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Goodbye RedGuides/NotAddicted - My Resignation (1 Viewer)

RedBema

A Bema that is Red
RedCents
121¢
It is more than obvious that there is much ambiguity as of late to the future of NotAddicted. Since the title of this thread pretty much describes the nature of this post, the following words will not be too much of a surprise. Because I like to stay true to my roots, "NotAddicted" will be referred to as "RedGuides" for the remainder of this post.

As the current section leader of the WoW section, it is my duty and responsibility to see to it that this particular section be ran in a dignified manner, upholding only the best strategies that the web has to offer, to keep the section flame free, and to be available to offer any support possible. As it stands now, I am having a very difficult time performing these duties. There are many reasons for this, the main being that I feel as if I am laboring on without a purpose or goal. I will not undermine the authority here anymore than I may have. If I have caused any grief to the leaders here for any of my recent posts, I apologize.

This will probably be my very last post for RedGuides. I have posted almost 3,500 times, third only to the legendary Creed, who posted 3,700 times, and NotAddicted's Runned, who posted 4,000 times. I have held many positions here such as Moderator, Free Submission's Forum Leader, Administrator, WoW Section Leader, Gold Guide Writer, IRC Moderator, Poll Creator, and led the RedGroup The Archers. I say all of that not to boast about my RedGuide resume, but to say that I have supported this site in really any way that I could in the past 3-4 years.

I would like to say that I found this site but I believe it found me. If you have not heard the story, I happened to run across RedGuides while sitting in my college Psychology course. The college had wireless internet so I was an eager young lad, surfing the internet for some warcraft help. What I found was something that would change my life forever.

I leave RedGuides with a very sad heart. I feel like this is the end of a piece of me. This would be much harder, but the process has been going on for some time now, and it simply took me months (or possibly years) to come to terms with it. I have been here for three years now. I have seen RedGuides at its best and at its worst, and have stuck with the site through it all. I would like to say that I did my best with each day that I had here, giving every ounce of creativity, energy, and motivation that I had to offer. My hope is that my labor was not in vain.

I am writing this post for personal reasons. There really isn't too many users left here who know who I am, or who even care if I am here or not. I realize this. But I needed to have a time to say goodbye. I have always been a bit on the fence with users who post "goodbye" theads. This is because I have always felt it to be a plea for attention. Please know that this is not what my thread is. This is purely a chance to say goodbye to something that has been a big part of my life for many years now. There is a rule in our guidelines that says if you post a "goodbye thread," expect to be banned. I will go on the record and say that I will accept the ban if that is what is necessary. I simply ask that you change the "BANNED JERK" to something a bit more sensitive to the situation.

I want to thank everyone that has taught me here at RedGuides. I have learned more about computers and gaming than I ever thought I could. I leave on good terms with everyone here. I have no hard feelings toward any administrator, admin, or owner. I leave with peace in my heart.

To those that know me, you know that I am a spiritual fellow. I leave with a final prayer to every user that you find something in your life that fufills you. My counsel is to look into the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I began a relationship with this Truth six years ago and it has changed my life like never before. John 3:16 summarizes the truth I follow, "God loved the world so much that He sent us His only Son Jesus Christ, and anyone who believes will not perish, but have everlasting life." It is in my convictions that this everlasting life is indeed heaven.

I plead farewell to all of the good friends that I have made here who for the most part have already left. If you are still here, you know who you are and I hope to run into you again somewhere beyond the RedGuide horizon, perhaps on another forum or game discussion. I will most likely still be "Bema," minus the "Red."

As for memories, I will always remember the events that have transpired here such as the exodus of "The Zap," the amazing gold strategies from Skeptic, the legendary rogue tips from Bacstab, the sarcasm of Cade, the wittyness of Creed, the passion of Jigs, the amazing technical mind of yammers, and the innovativeness of Redbot. I will never forget the wonderful times I had in IRC spamming MMO's IRC (yes, that was I and a few others...), as well as the hilarious posts in the ol' general sections. I appreciate all of the other mods/admins and there work on this site as well, JMO and Gaston to be exact, and even Iso for keeping something going on the front page. There are so many other users that space fails for me to mention, but you know who you are.

So I bid my goodbye to you RedGuides. I also wish my goodluck to you with the new xpac and games on the horizon. Perhaps with my exodus will come a fruitful future for this site. I will miss visiting you all and hope that you all find a good future in your "RL."

God Bless and Soli Deo Gloria.

...There really isn't too many users left here who know who I am, or who even care if I am here or not...

Not true !

But mate GL out there in the www. I hope you find what you are looking for, I didn't and came back. The two of us had a little grey in the past but trust me I wish you all of the best where ever you go...

GL mate!

- decker

We had some disagreement in past RedBema.. But it is sad to see you go, since I know you did alot to keep NA and RG alive, its a shame it came to this. This is White Flag for NA, when you leave. Good luck in whatever you will be doing.

Hey people,

You may know me from Redguides and the short time I spent here on NotAddicted. I just wanted to finally give my farewell (Yes, I am stealing you're thread Bema) to everyone as I disappeared from the community completely with no word.

I thank everyone here for the good times we had and this community was great until it started to fall into a dark cold bottomless pit. This all was a very long time coming and I am sorry for everyone here truly because you deserve better.

/wave @ Yammers, Creed and my fellow Administrators I worked with.

If you ever need to contact me you can either get in touch with Bladee or PM me as I will occasionally check back.

Jigsy aka Jigs21

Hello everyone,

I am here to tell you all that I am no longer going to be coming to NotAddicted, aka Redguides. You may know me from the EQ section for coming out with a bunch of new plugins, macros and updating old offsets so that the NA compile could have new plugins that were outdated.

Nothing yet? Then maybe you know me from the EQEmulator section for making 95% of the posts in there, coming out with compiles on EQEmulator and SoD, making new hacks left and right, and of course getting all the good ones like dupe nerfed. Also fixing up a working zone on SoD, which is great considering just about every hack is nerfed to hell and back over there.

No? Well then maybe you know me for the single post I made in the WoW section regarding the cheat I am going to be releasing for it. Or maybe for selling GK/ND for a few sites, being a dev at ocGamerz, or anything else at all.. Still nothing? FINE! I never liked you guys anyway...

-UnKnoWn405

PS: Yes, I am hi-jacking this post from both Jigs21 AND RedBema. Why? Because I can!!

JUST KIDDING!! But for real, bye everyone.. God I can't believe I just made that really long post as a joke. If I ever do leave, I'm copy/pasting that post because it pretty much sums it all up for me lol

RedBema - I never really knew you personally because we were involved in different things, but I definitely knew of you. I'm sure this is going to be a much bigger hit for the WoW section than for EQ, but in any case you will definitely be missed. I never even met you personally and I'll miss you, so I feel for the guys over at the WoW forums.

Jigs21 - I'll miss ya man, I never got to see that website you were working on if you ever ended up finishing it. Give me a holler if you need help with anything, I'm always here to help out. Make sure you check back every once in a while, sometimes people post some cool stuff on a good day lol

Later Bema, was nice talking to you, you're one of the cooler people on the site imo, gawd I feel so old now, I've witnessed too many great people leaving...

Former elected takeover leader of the Archers and all around friend,
Storm

EDIT: WTF I feel really old now, I have 4 months on your join date O.o

You will definitely be missed by the community here Bema. I just hope that some day you change your mind and come back.

Sad to see you and Jigs leave, I think our boat has finally sunk. You guys were great to chat with, and I had fun in LOTRO with you guys.

Good luck wherever you guys end up.

Sad to see some people I saw rise from just a free submission newb to Admin. I'll miss you guys, stay safe.

-ET

Sorry to see you go Bema, all I know is that YOU ACCEPTED ME, thank you for all your support and help over this still burning-bridge we call Not Addicted.

Fuck man, that sucks. We're in talks for having the site taken over by IGN where everyone on staff gets like 25k$ a year for doing nothing! Hell, I don't even type shit on the front page anymore, I just pour warm peanut butter on the keyboard and let rabid mongooses loose while i go play at the arcade down the street.

good luck out there, I'm naming the new NA company yacht "The Bema" after you. It's being driven (...floated? piloted? what the hell do yachts do anyway?) up from the bahamas now, they're feeding the waitstaff Similak to keep em happy. They'll be good to go when it swings by Jap-an!

Outback.jpg

edit: john 3:16? I knew i knew that from somewhere!

Last edited:
Lol why don't I believe that? Maybe because I haven't heard one thing except this random post in the middle of a going away thread. Anyway, until I hear that from Redbot himself, I'm definitely not buying it.

:(

Thats all I can say.

Bye.

But I feel bad for being left out the naming members, but I will live. Maybe.

:(

the paragraph break confused me ....

I have to admit that was a good one!

Are you talking about me? If so, thanks because that was a lot of typing and not a single person even cared that I was going to leave :( You know what guys, that really hurts! I was just about to cut myself too before Alatyami finally noticed.

DRINK UP :drink

-Corruption

Shit ive missed this thread!

Redbema, best of luck in what you do man

You've been a great member of redguides throughout my time being there and you'll be missed in this community also i bet

Love from Spunge <3

Well it seems the two of the greats have left in this thread. Really sorry i missed this, but sorrier that these people who have helped Redguides in so many ways are having to leave.

I've been here for 4 years, dont really post that much except when i find the need to comment on something like this or get a really good strategy (Priest mind control glitch is my claim to fame, although i never figured out if that got nerfed...)

Thank you all for your help, you'll be dearly missed. I'll be here as long as Redguides is alive, and try and do what i can to help, whatever that is. If my subscription runs out, i will no longer be getting free access, but paying for a subscription to try and support the new NA.

Thanks Redbema and Jigs. Enjoy whatever you do in the future.

News - Goodbye RedGuides/NotAddicted - My Resignation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back