• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Getting the Wayfarer pottery TS freebie back on track (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,964¢
I've got a situation on one of my characters where the pottery NPC in GoD (Malkidiv U'Ycionuz) says I'm already in the process of helping. But I've checked my inventory and can't find the mats to satisfy the task. I don't recall doing anything with this before, but likely I just got them at one point, stopped doing the combines for some reason, and then destroyed everything. And there doesn't seem to be a way to get addition sets of mats to continue on. Any ideas on reseting this to complete the freebie?

Can you say to him "I will help" and does he give you more supplies to make something with?

Depending on what he gives you then that would tell you where you are.

But on the other hand

Check your recipe book and see if any of these show up:

You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Plate!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Pot!
You have learned the recipe Unfired Wayfarer Mug!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Mug!
You have learned the recipe Unfired Wayfarer Arrow Shaft!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Arrow Shaft!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Augment Receptacle!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Crucible!
You have learned the recipe Unfired Wayfarer Watering Can!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Watering Can!
You have learned the recipe Unfired Wayfarer Vial!
You have learned the recipe Wayfarer Vial!

If so then you have finished the quest.

Check for any of these items in your inventory. Delete them and try getting the quest again or finish combining them. Also, you cant try typing /outputfile recipes pottery and go in to your eq folder and look to see if you already learned the recipes.

You receive 20 x Broken Wayfarer Plate and 20 x Bonding Agent.
You receive 20 x Small Block of Scrap Clay and 20 x Wayfarer Pot Mold.
You receive 20 x Small Block of Scrap Clay, 20 x Flask of Abysmal Sea Water, 20 x Wayfarer Mug Seal.
Combine 1 Unfired Wayfarer Mug and 1 Wayfarer Mug Seal in a kiln.
Wayfarer Mug
You receive 20 x Small Block of Scrap Clay, 20 x Flask of Abysmal Sea Water, 20 x Wayfarer Dye and 20 x Wayfarer Arrow Shaft Mold.

Can you say to him "I will help" and does he give you more supplies to make something with?

Depending on what he gives you then that would tell you where you are.

Malkidiv U'Ycionuz says, 'I see that we have already assigned you some tasks. Please complete that work, then come and ask us for more.'

Check your recipe book and see if any of these show up:

None of those recipes are in my list for pottery.

Check for any of these items in your inventory. Delete them and try getting the quest again or finish combining them. Also, you cant try typing /outputfile recipes pottery and go in to your eq folder and look to see if you already learned the recipes.

None of those mats are in my inventory (or bank).

My current pottery skill is 56 which suggests I did do the TSS freebie at one point in the past.

Yes, sounds like you have done them. Maybe he wants you to finish the "refined" part? Where you put a chunk of broken Taelosian stone worker in the thing and it refines it

One last thing - what happens when you say "recipe" to him?

Cause not everyone picks up on that last part where he says, "If you have forgotten or want them for posterity, I can give you the [recipes] you used while helping us."

That is supposed to put the recipes in your list.

My current pottery skill is 56 which suggests I did do the TSS freebie at one point in the past.
Pretty sure these quests are only good to skill level 54. At this point I would go over to West Freeport Event Coordinator Baublie Diggs and get the quest for the pottery trophy. There is also a nice macro that will get you through all of the beginner stuff and trophies. TCS Tradeskill Construction Set

One last thing - what happens when you say "recipe" to him?

Malkidiv U'Ycionsuz says, 'I will give you the recipes after you have helped us enough.'

I get that you all think I'm done with this part. I can assure you, I'm not. Nor is it my first time (across all my characters) I've completed this step. I know full well what should be happening here. On one character (an older one, in fact), the expected outcome isn't what I'm getting. I've looked for the missing mats. No bueno. And since this isn't an actual quest, I can't just drop it and start over.

Last edited:
Question - Getting the Wayfarer pottery TS freebie back on track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back