• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - General Quest Macro/LUA (1 Viewer)

RedCents
811¢
I'm running a 6-box. When doing a quest, I oten have to stop, un-minimize several windows and make sure each toon has completed a step. I'm using BoxHud for location and exp listings, is there something similar for current active quest monitoring, for example what task step each toon is on for a particular quest? Is that even possible to code up? I did general searches but could not find anything like this.

I'm running a 6-box. When doing a quest, I oten have to stop, un-minimize several windows and make sure each toon has completed a step. I'm using BoxHud for location and exp listings, is there something similar for current active quest monitoring, for example what task step each toon is on for a particular quest? Is that even possible to code up? I did general searches but could not find anything like this.
Yup

EDIT- the only thing I did notice with this is that it does not report/update properly if you skip a step in the quest. For example in Unkempt Woods when doing the 2nd partisan quest (https://ls.eqresource.com/thebladesofmyenemy.php). If you loot the warblades before the chest, it does not report correctly upon looting if you have not completed looting all 3 chests. No biggie though as it's a great tool! How dare we have to use our brains a little 😜

Last edited:
mq2status is great for this.
iirc this one does require the key command to see the step you are on as opposed to being automatic like the one aquietone/burd posted in my link. If it is automatic, then you may have found/solved my issue as to why some of my toons report steps twice LOL. I've been looking for a way to turn off the old one and just use the Lua/lem for all toons.

Question - General Quest Macro/LUA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back