• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Game Freezes Completely with MQ2 Running (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,087¢
So last night I noticed that the servers went down / were locked and when they came back up, MQ2 won't run. My game (not the computer) is completely frozen and I can only use CTL+ALT+DEL and END TASK to get out of the game. When I run the game without MQ2 running, everything is fine.

One thing is that the game used to stall / freeze for a few seconds right before I got the "your integrity has been preserved message". I believe that the entire game is freezing at that point. It is doing this on multiple computers.

Any thoughts on this?

I started having the same problem early this morning. When I auto logged in 6 characters they were frozen before fully logging in. So I went to testing with 1 character same thing. If I log in without MQ2 it's fine, turn on MQ2 it freezes up. I don't have time to test different plugins until later today. So far I've only been in EoK zones so not sure if it's zone specific.

Hopefully we'll have an answer before than.

For what it is worth, I had the same issue with at the same time.

For my it seems I had MQ2Winpath and MQ2AdvPath loading at the same time (different versions of the same thing) disabling MQ2Winpath got me ingame. (There appears to be a lot of MQ core changes going on that effect plugins, so not surprising a few may cause issues)

As of right now, I can log in just fine with MQ, move around and do stuff... but when I load up a macro I got like a 50/50 chance of freezing. I spent 30 minutes this morning starting macros one at a time on toons... and using taskmanager to kill that instance if they froze up, reload and try again, till I had my whole crew running. Now I have no narrow down at what point, so I know what else to look at. Right now it appears to happen before the Ninjaloot declares. (Using RaidDruid) going to add in a few echo and play some more to see what I can see.

I am thinking the issues I had yesterday is from instances where I restarted macros. My bard in particular can get wonky and needs restarting =/

At least, this is the conclusions I have made for my situation as of this morning --shrugs-- more testing to be done =)

I was able to get the freeze up in EoK zones, RoF zones, and PoK, and Bazaar. So it's not zone specific I would guess. Also, one out of 6 toons loaded and was able to run kiss, but the rest froze up. I think I'll disable MQ2Winpath and see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Disabline Mq2winpath and mq2advpath didn't work for me. I saw the "your integrity has been preserved" message this time, then it froze.

Rich (BB code):
[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=0
mq2advpath=0
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2autosize=0
mq2bandolier=0
mq2bardswap=0
mq2bucles=0
mq2bufftool=0
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2camera=0
mq2cast=1
mq2charnotes=0
mq2chat=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2combat=0
mq2cursor=0
mq2custombinds=1
mq2custompopup=0
mq2customsound=0
mq2debuffs=1
mq2dpsadv=0
mq2eqbc=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqim=0
mq2events=0
mq2exchange=1
mq2feedme=1
mq2fps=1
mq2gmcheck=0
mq2headshot=0
mq2hud=1
mq2hudmove=0
mq2ic=1
mq2irc=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2linkdb=0
mq2log=1
mq2map=1
mq2medley=0
mq2melee=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1
mq2navigation=0
mq2netbots=0
mq2netheal=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2notepad=0
mq2paranoid=0
mq2plattracker=0
mq2pop=0
mq2posse=1
mq2pvpalert=0
mq2raidutils=0
mq2randomstuff=0
mq2relaytells=0
mq2reward=0
mq2rez=1
mq2search=0
mq2slave=0
mq2spawnmaster=1
mq2spawns=0
mq2spellhotkeys=0
mq2spellsearch=0
mq2targets=0
mq2telnet=0
mq2tooltip=1
mq2tracking=0
mq2tributemanager=0
mq2twist=1
mq2vendors=0
mq2viewport=0
mq2xptracker=0
mq2afnuke=0
mq2winpath=0

I was in PoK when servers went down last night. After servers came back up I was having issue's with excessive CPU usage and RAM usage was higher than normal. 3-4 of my 6 toons would lock up using auto login, but I also tried with out MQ and I think I was still getting heavy CPU usage on the 4th toon logging in. I reinstalled EQ last night and it seemed to be ok but by time that was done I was only able to log in and not really do anything else due to getting late. I have about 4 hours left at work before I can get home to test further. If anyone else reinstalls EQ dont be like me and forget to save your EQ ini's, socials etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Want to add Win10 decided to do an update right before I went to bed, 1607 update. Really hope that doesn't throw a monkey wrench in my testing this afternoon. I will be doing a complete reinstall of everything anyhow come Friday or Saturday when my processor and ram gets delivered. Going from an i5 2500k and 16gig of ram to i7 6700k and 32 gig of ram. Debating on trying to make a system image or just start from scratch again.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got home from work, loaded all 6 of my toons with no issues. I did read some posts on the eq forums from like mid November talking about bad lag and it seemed for some removing the eqclient.ini and re-patching fixed it for them. You can try that rather than reloading the entire client like I did, but make sure you copy your eqclient.ini somewhere else encase it doesn't work.

Oh I should add after deleted the the EQ file I also ran Ccleaner to clean my registry since the uninstall exe in the eq folder does not work and neither does the program removal withing windows. give a runtime error irrc. Try reinstalling EQ Scot if you can, I am having no issues yet with CPU usage.
usage.jpg

I've made some progress with this - I've narrowed it down to a plugin problem. Further, I've been able to eliminate some of the plugins.

Here is my original MQ2 plugin list:

Rich (BB code):
[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=1
mq2advpath=0
mq2afnuke=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2autosize=0
mq2bandolier=1
mq2bardswap=1
mq2bucles=0
mq2bufftool=0
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2camera=0
mq2cast=1
mq2charnotes=0
mq2chat=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2combat=0
mq2cpuload=0
mq2cursor=1
mq2custombinds=0
mq2customsound=0
mq2debuffs=1
mq2dpsadv=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqim=0
mq2events=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2feedme=0
mq2fps=0
mq2gmail=0
mq2gmcheck=0
mq2headshot=0
mq2heals=1
mq2hud=1
mq2hudmove=0
mq2ic=1
mq2irc=0
mq2itemdisplay=0
mq2labels=1
mq2linkdb=0
mq2log=0
mq2map=1
mq2medley=0
mq2melee=1
mq2missing=0
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1
mq2netbots=0
mq2netheal=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2notepad=0
mq2paranoid=0
mq2plattracker=0
mq2posse=1
mq2pvpalert=0
mq2raidutils=0
mq2randomstuff=0
mq2relaytells=0
mq2reward=0
mq2rez=1
mq2search=0
mq2slave=0
mq2spawnmaster=1
mq2spawns=0
mq2spellhotkeys=0
mq2spellsearch=0
mq2targets=0
mq2telnet=0
mq2tooltip=1
mq2tracking=0
mq2tributemanager=1
mq2twist=1
mq2vendors=0
mq2viewport=0
mq2xptracker=0

I removed my MacroQuest.ini file and replaced it with the default one. I than added those plugins needed to run kissassist. I've been able to login 7 toons in 1 group and 1 solo. And run kissassist without freezing. The current plugins running are:
Rich (BB code):
[Plugins]
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2hud=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2map=1
mq2cast=1
MQ2Debuffs=1
MQ2Exchange=1
MQ2Melee=1
MQ2MoveUtils=1
MQ2Posse=1
Mq2Rez=1
MQ2Twist=1
MQ2EQBC=1

Hopes this narrows things down a bit will be adding more as I have the opportunity.

Ive had this problem before...I would log toons into game, start Very Vanilla, and when I would /Kissassist it would start but would freeze up when the checklist got to Ninjaloot. I then went into Macros, deleted the Ninjaloot folder, then re downloaded it and it ran fine. This has happened to me probably 4x in the last couple of months. It happened without changing anything and after I was running MQ2 flawlessly for hours...out of the blue. Once it happened I had to restart the comp each time because I couldnt even stop the frozen EQ through task...but that worked for me. Not sure why or how it got corrupted in midgame but... I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I also had to delete MQ2 another time and just reinstall it, that worked as well.

That's not the issue I was having last night. I haven't changed anything with MQ2. My issue was directly related to CPU usage and high Ram usage. CPU usage was 99-100%. After autologin got to the forth client 2-4 clients would lock up. Ram usage was not really a big deal wasn't anywhere near 100% but was using double normal. Both have returned to normal after removing EQ/ cleaning registry and reinstalling EQ.

gotcha, were you online when servers went down last night? I mean did the game crash you out? i cant remember if I logged out or the game crashed me out. Could something be corrupted? Have you tried running the eq installer and doing a repair? I guess that would be the logical step before deleting eq and reinstalling. I skipped that part as I did not remember you could do that until I saw it when reinstalling.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful. Just reporting what worked for me. I tried no defender, updated nvidia driver, and updated razor synapse. none of those worked. disabling defender seem to help with little lag hiccups maybe but it definitely wasn't my root cause. My issue was directly related to cpu usage which reinstalling eq fixed.

I've been having the same freezing up issues you all have been experiencing and tried many of the suggestions within this forum to no success. Checking the boards again tonight I found this post started by Maha concerning MQ2ToolTips as being a culprit. I turned that off and was able to load up my 12 boxes without issue of any lockups... will see how playing for an hour or so will go with all the zoning I will be doing.

~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

Took out a number of twink targets and used CF and other things for zoning a lot on all 12 toons tonight. No further issue with lockups.

Currently I would ass-u-me that the MQ2ToolTips was my main issue.

Problem - Game Freezes Completely with MQ2 Running

Users who are viewing this thread

Back