• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Game crashes when moved to second monitor (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with this issue I have been having. Whenever I get more than 2 EQ accounts logged in and I move an eq client to my other monitor it instantly crashes. Any suggestions for a fix would be fantastic.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with this issue I have been having. Whenever I get more than 2 EQ accounts logged in and I move an eq client to my other monitor it instantly crashes. Any suggestions for a fix would be fantastic.
eq itself has several issues when you change resolution and/or when using fullscreen mode and changing stuff around - i suspect that might be happening when you're swapping monitors.

have you tried in windowed mode?

EQ does not like to play nicely with the scaling feature in windows. For instance one display is scaled to 150% and your second display is scaled to 200%.
your better off setting scaling in windows to 100% and lowering the desktop resolution and make sure eq and your windows desktop are set to the same resolution.
EQ does not like modern High DPI displays or the way windows handles High DPI settings.

EQ does not like to play nicely with the scaling feature in windows. For instance one display is scaled to 150% and your second display is scaled to 200%.
your better off setting scaling in windows to 100% and lowering the desktop resolution and make sure eq and your windows desktop are set to the same resolution.
EQ does not like modern High DPI displays or the way windows handles High DPI settings.

Don't know if scaling settings is your problem, but in response to the above, its better to just set the scaling settings in compatibility on eqgame.exe rather than sacrificing your desktop dpi settings

I used to have the same issue but found that if I move the window(s) at server select and not at the character select or when fully in game. the crashing stopped. Hope that helps. I have MSI Aftrerburn loaded and it never played a role on my rig. As a side note, it did take a ton of trial an error for EQ to work on a 4k screen early on.

Problem - Game crashes when moved to second monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back