• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - G. Skill (1 Viewer)

That's the wrong kind , has to be (2×32) 64gb DC

Meaning 2 sticks of 32gb totaling 64gb in a double capacity, not dual channel

It's not called DC in the headline. Sometimes in the model name. That's why you can't find it. It's DH. Double Height.

DC = Dual Channel
QC = Quad Channel

DH = New Double Density Extended DIMMs

Just a FYI. If you aren't using a stock air cooler or water cooling. There's a good chance it won't fit in most board layouts. There's also only three motherboards with certified bios modules for it others work but it's iffy between kits (research which board you have and which kit you're buying). Kits start at $800 and run up to nearly $2000. Furthermore. If you're buying it for a gaming rig. You're gonna blue screen a lot. Still very experimental. Also only works with SOME 7th, and 8/9th gen Intels.

All in all. At this moment in time, it comes out to about the same price as buying a board with 4 DIMM slots and 4 ram modules which will operate at nearly half the latency, as it doesn't have to access the bottom of chip in DIMM to get to the top chip in DIMM.

PS) Looking at the inventory access I have under my business account at newegg. They've never had a single double height module in stock to sell. Amazon seems to have them in stock SOMETIMES, and CDW seems to have a pretty regular supply somehow.

Last edited:
It's not called DC. That's why you can't find it. It's DH. Double Height.

DC = Dual Channel
QC = Quad Channel

Just a FYI. If you aren't using a stock air cooler or water cooling. There's a good chance it won't fit in most board layouts. There's also only three motherboards with certified bios modules for it. Kits start at $800 and run up to nearly $2000. Furthermore. If you're buying it for a gaming rig. You're gonna blue screen a lot. Still very experimental. Also only works with SOME 7th, and 8/9th gen Intels.

All in all. At this moment in time, it comes out to about the same price as buying a board with 4 DIMM slots and 4 ram modules which will operate at nearly half the latency, as it doesn't have to access the bottom of chip in DIMM to get to the top chip in DIMM.

PS) Looking at the inventory access I have under my business account at newegg. They've never had a single double height module in stock to sell. Amazon seems to have them in stock SOMETIMES, and CDW seems to have a pretty regular supply somehow.

I don't mean to sound like a bitch but I do know what I am talking about. Here are the links to the motherboard that support double capacity Ram and support AMD ryzen 3900x.

To the double capacity G skill Ram but I'm trying to find but I cannot find a place to buy it.

It's not called DC. That's why you can't find it. It's DH. Double Height.

DC = Dual Channel
QC = Quad Channel

Just a FYI. If you aren't using a stock air cooler or water cooling. There's a good chance it won't fit in most board layouts. There's also only three motherboards with certified bios modules for it. Kits start at $800 and run up to nearly $2000. Furthermore. If you're buying it for a gaming rig. You're gonna blue screen a lot. Still very experimental. Also only works with SOME 7th, and 8/9th gen Intels.

And what is CDW, if I may ask?

Thanks I'll search for that to see if I can f8nd them
Based on your Mobo specs linked, here's all available on Newegg in dual channel kits.

As mentioned, CDW may have other options and PCPartsPicker.com is an easy way of filtering what you exactly need while searching multiple sites.

Edit: I'd do a bit more digging but looking this stuff up on a smartphone sucks.

Last edited:
Based on your Mobo specs linked, here's all available on Newegg in dual channel kits.

As mentioned, CDW may have other options and PCPartsPicker.com is an easy way of filtering what you exactly need while searching multiple sites.

Edit: I'd do a bit more digging but looking this stuff up on a smartphone sucks.
Thank you this helped, I did find ram I wanted. 700 for it, but also learned it has been discontinued..

Hugs and thanks!!

Question - G. Skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back